BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 -0 Liverpool

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well thank god for that - 26th December and I've finally seen Rovers win in the league. I managed to be in Mallorca in September for a fortnight and missed wins over Man City and Wigan (and Salzburg) and then away again for 10 days to miss the win against Fulham. My two away games so far have been Liverpool and Arsenal so I was beginning to think I should be looking for sponsorship to go on holiday again until we were safe.

Thought we were excellent today, although any team that gives Tugay that much room deserves everything they get. £36 for my eldest back home for Christmas to see Tugay today - a bargain! Brad made a couple of excellent saves and his overall performance was waht we all now take for granted but Tugay was in a different league to the rest on show today.

I really can't connect with anyone who says that Neill or Nonda or whoever was poor.

Neill is just not the same Lucas Neill, that a lot of Rovers fans have had to defend from criticism aimed at him from Press, Media, Opposition Fans/Managers over the last few years, I for one used to defend him saying that “you can’t beat a defender that is over committed” I was a big fan of his, but recently he’s pulling out of challenges, today was a perfect example on more than one occasion. He did some good stuff today but not what we have come to expect from him over the years!

Id just like to say that we have had a pleasure in having a legend like Tugay grace Ewood so many times in our colors. He is a brilliant player and I dont think we even realized how good he was/is until last season as his level of consistency seems to have gone up from the days his invisible friend was regularly featured in our team.

Brilliant player, great vision, and one hell of a hard worker.

Well thank god for that - 26th December and I've finally seen Rovers win in the league. I managed to be in Mallorca in September for a fortnight and missed wins over Man City and Wigan (and Salzburg) and then away again for 10 days to miss the win against Fulham. My two away games so far have been Liverpool and Arsenal so I was beginning to think I should be looking for sponsorship to go on holiday again until we were safe.

Thought we were excellent today, although any team that gives Tugay that much room deserves everything they get. £36 for my eldest back home for Christmas to see Tugay today - a bargain! Brad made a couple of excellent saves and his overall performance was waht we all now take for granted but Tugay was in a different league to the rest on show today.

glad you enjoyed it o2g. I took a died in the wool Pool fan today and it was pure hell for him.

Mind you after what I have seen from Rovers this season this was as close to a Christmas miracle as you can get. Brad, Toogs and Bentley were fantastic.

thanks to you Blue Boys, I needed this :brfc:

Brilliant result, who would have thought that after getting stuffed 6-2 on Saturday we would put in a performance like that. I have just rung my mother (who, as usual, was at the game) and she couldn't stop going on about Tugay and Friedel. I'm sure she would marry the pair if she could :lol::lol:

Keep it going boys and stuff the boro, a nice 7-0 would do :tu::tu::tu:

My brother just had a small argument with Mr.Bellamy, we were waiting for the players to come out so we could get our England shirt signed and when Bellamy popped out my brother shouted '' Bellamy whats the score, Bellamy Bellamy whats the score?'', Bellamy just looked at him and the impression he gave was like he aint gonna bother, he just kept chanting away and Bellamy came over and said '' I get your team European football and this is how you respect me?'' My brother replied '' You said there was no clause?'' and Bellamy said '' You don't know the game mate''

so bell-end got us into europe on his own :huh:

A great day out for all Rovers fans. Couldn`t see where the 2000 empty seats were but maybe the club could!! I really want to praise the legend that is Tugay. he must be one of the best footballers in the Premiership if not the best. By footballers I mean a skillful ball artist who can create a chance out of nothing. He made a fool out of Gerard today with a feint and a shimmy followed by a sliderule pass to Ped who put benni in.

If he were at a big club he would be a superstar by now. One of the Rovers all time greats.We have been privileged to watch him and I hope the club give him the one-year contract that he wants.

I can't understand why Bellamy was booed today. He was great for us last season and was given the opportunity to play for his favourite club. What would you have done for the chance to play for Rovers. He owed us nothing and we even made a small profit on him.

Having said that, a great win today. Hopefully the start of better things to come.

It might not of been a bad investment by that scum Souness but lets not get beyond ourselves. These boys are ###### hot and have been for a while, but what will happen when Tugay and Brad are gone. I just can’t see us being able to replace this quality with quality; its journeymen for us or an unknown player from a lower league. who are we going to get????????????????????????????????????????.

Id just like to say that we have had a pleasure in having a legend like Tugay grace Ewood so many times in our colors. He is a brilliant player and I dont think we even realized how good he was/is until last season as his level of consistency seems to have gone up from the days his invisible friend was regularly featured in our team.

Brilliant player, great vision, and one hell of a hard worker.

Indeed. His technique and vision are second to none, at least not in the premiership. His ability to, even under heavy pressure, make those 40yd passes with just one or two touches, and seemingly without even looking, never ceases to amaze me.

And add to that the fact that he is a true team player, who always gives his all, and there's nothing you can do but worship him. Oh, and his behaviour when being subbed is always a source of great entertainment. Slowly walking off the pitch, going out of his way to shake everyone's hands and so on. Thinking about how the opposition feels about it always makes me smile ;)

Anyway; Anyone got a link to the goal somewhere? I watched the game, but I'd like to see it (And mainly Tugay's part in it) again.

In the context of the last few weeks an unbelievable bonus and on the day a fairly undeserved three points as we were kept in it by Friedel who made a string of unbelievable saves. If Liverpool had been anything like in front of goal they'd have been out of sight. We had one chance and converted it, no apologies whatsoever for that, that's the way football goes sometimes.

Just as after the Arsenal game a huge dose of perspective is needed. Just because we lost 6-2 against Arsenal didn't mean we played as badly as the scoreline suggested, or that we were necessarily going to go down. Just because we won today didn't mean we played as well as the scoreline suggests, or that we're necessarily going to stay up.

However, with Neill clearly wanting to be elsewhere and passing the ball to his new team mates at every available opportunity the other ten players dug in magnificently today to grind out an unlikely result - something we've not done too often this season.

Friedel was mom by a street, superb, earned us the three points on his own. Tugay was also excellent, have changed my mind about him being worth a new 12 month deal.

The other bonus for me was MGP who I think has looked much improved in the last couple of games.

We now have the opportunity to virtually banish any relegation worries with 6 points against Boro and Wigan. However we've been so inconsistent this season that's far from assured.

Neill was preoccupied clearly and wasnt his usual self.

What complete and utter ballcocks. Lucas was an absolute professional today, his commitment was first class and he was fighting for the cause just as much as any other player on the pitch

I read on here that the other day about Hughes having 'lost the dressing room' - I don't think so somehow.

Tugay was again pure genius today. The man is a legend and irreplaceable.

My brother just had a small argument with Mr.Bellamy, we were waiting for the players to come out so we could get our England shirt signed and when Bellamy popped out my brother shouted '' Bellamy whats the score, Bellamy Bellamy whats the score?'', Bellamy just looked at him and the impression he gave was like he aint gonna bother, he just kept chanting away and Bellamy came over and said '' I get your team European football and this is how you respect me?'' My brother replied '' You said there was no clause?'' and Bellamy said '' You don't know the game mate''

Ouch. Craig really led himself down the wrong path there.

Bellamy came over and said '' I get your team European football and this is how you respect me?''

Humble as always, what about the other 10 men on the pitch?

Great result and great effort from the lads. Especially Bradders and Turkish.

And Jordan's Mum has still got her house!!

To be fair the Yorkshireman said we'd win it ;)

Yagh is have a house tonugih

your are a scouser a dirsty scouser your only happy on giro day your mum is stealing your dads drug draaling so please dont tak emy hunb caps away.

whats a result- bveen winding up yhe harrogate reds all night. nerlyu started scrpappingoutside blueline but have they woint the premier leagye have tge chuff.

my mums got a house la la la who nam idbiug2

should stop goinf on internet aftrev d games

Yagh is have a house tonugih

your are a scouser a dirsty scouser your only happy on giro day your mum is stealing your dads drug draaling so please dont tak emy hunb caps away.

whats a result- bveen winding up yhe harrogate reds all night. nerlyu started scrpappingoutside blueline but have they woint the premier leagye have tge chuff.

my mums got a house la la la who nam idbiug2

should stop goinf on internet aftrev d games

Oops, looks like somebody's had one too many! :lol::D:P

Archived