BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 Boro 1

Was the gate of 22,653 (3,000 from Boro) more or less what you where expecting or do you feel slightly disappointed with the responce to the cheap ticket offer?

On a sad note, I understand that an elderly gentleman collapsed and died whilst collecting his ticket before the match.

If true, I'm sure everyone on this board will join me in conveying our deepest sympathy to his family.

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great performance, great result. We dominated the first half without really making them pay and other than the first 20 minutes of the 2nd half when we were second best to everything, I thought it was a good performance especially the way we finished the match.

I thought this was one of MGP's best ever performances for us and I cant remember the last time he took on his man, let alone beat him. Benni faded a bit after being injured in the first half but he finished well in the last 15-20 minutes. Nonda was very good today and this might have been his best performance for us.

Overall, not much to complain about other than Lucas Neill giving away a dead-cert penalty yet again. No question about it. And Im not too sure if ours at the other end really was one. It was too soft.

Derbyshire impressed me yet again, especially with his pace.

The rumours were telling us that David Dunn and the Ukrainian were both seen entering the ground although I didnt speak to anyone who actually saw them.

I did see a player who's been known to put in a decent cross in the JW stand.....Super Stuart Ripley! He looked the business at Tony's testimonial.........

On a more sombre note, whilst I was in the queue to pick up my tickets at the pre-paid stand, a middle-aged man collapsed and paramedics surrounded him trying to resussitate him for several minutes with no success. The ambulance eventually arrived to pick him up but, sadly, he looked a gonner. My sympathies go out to the young woman who seemed to be with him who was in obvious distress.

I did see a player who's been known to put in a decent cross in the JW stand.....Super Stuart Ripley! He looked the business at Tony's testimonial.........

On a more sombre note, whilst I was in the queue to pick up my tickets at the pre-paid stand, a middle-aged man collapsed and paramedics surrounded him trying to resussitate him for several minutes with no success. The ambulance eventually arrived to pick him up but, sadly, he looked a gonner. My sympathies go out to the young woman who seemed to be with him who was in obvious distress.

:(

Such a shame R.I.P

not wishing to be too disrespectful, and my sympathies to the family and friends, but as much as shefield united's win means that theyre keeping up with us, Well done the Blades, great performance, made Arsenal look like us at the Emirates.

Also well played Rovers today, dug deep.

Lucas you're an arse

Hawai is the 52nd; the rest are anybodies choice for order. Better to ask one of the American Rovers; they should know,

Hawaii is number 50. Not sure what the "extra" 2 are, as we have 50 official states.

Hawaii is number 50. Not sure what the "extra" 2 are, as we have 50 official states.

It seems a common (Or well not common, but I've seen quite a few examples of it) misconception that the US in fact has 52 states. Might be confusing it with a deck of cards, or perhaps thinking it's "50 states excluding Alaska and Hawaii" and not "including".

Lucas would have got at least Wasa-ari for the judo throw on the Boro player. Don't think he landed on his back so it wasn't ipon, but it was as intentional as I've ever seen a penalty

It was much worse than I thought.

I just saw the highlights on Football First. This was another important win for us and it's great to end the year with consecutive wins. With the likes of Nelsen, Reid, Roberts coming back and some new signings in the new year, we can hope for a better second half of the season. As for the game, it was played in dreadful conditions and it was our ability to cope better in them that one us the game. Nonda's goal was a great finish and was his fifth of the season, which isn't a bad return. He should have scored another, which would have been a great team goal. McCarthy's finish was excellent and he should have had another one at least. I really think McCarthy has found his form and has adapted to the Premiership.

Matty Derbyshire looked excellent when he came on. He could have scored and set up some great chances for his team mates. Hopefully we'll see more of him next year. A good win that lifts more pressure of us and a good way to end the year.

On a sad note, I understand that an elderly gentleman collapsed and died whilst collecting his ticket before the match.

If true, I'm sure everyone on this board will join me in conveying our deepest sympathy to his family.

I thinbk this was true...was queuing up for my tivkets when the ambulance came by..... poor bugger... god rest his soul.

I can think of worse places to die than Ewood. Glad we sent him off with a win, he can now tell everyone wherever he goes, how brilliant BRFC are.

Fantastic result........ just got home from the game and seen Lucas Neills tackle for the penalty.... Jeses Lucas, we know you wanna leave, but, come on lad... thats embarrasing.

If you wanna go, just go. Any team that wants to sign you so you can stroke your own ego after what?... one good world cup game?...see ya later LN... how you will rue the day you left BRFC. Go to LFC and try to keep Steve Finnan out of the team.. IMPOSSIBLE. You will be a bench warmer... perhaps thats your level eh?

a tout a l'heure, vous etes un branleur monsiur Neill.

ON Football First they're making excuses for Neill!!! Absolute poo!!!

Just watched FF............... what was Neill up to?

God knows how many penalties he has given away this season.........?

He is a great player, but not in a Blue & White shirt... he is too big for us now. Hmmmmm....

Good luch LN, you wil need it.

You will end up a small fish in a giant pond...... perhaps plankton!

A great game to watch, highly entertaining.

Two major positives were the performances of Gamst and Nonda. I thought they were both a real handful today. I think Nonda will have an excellent second half to the season, so watch this space!

Ooijer was as reliable as ever, Emerton consistent as ever and Lucas as inconsistent as ever. All in all a great day at the football.

If only we could turn Ewood into an outdoor swimming pool every week ;)

Have a good new year.

not wishing to be too disrespectful, and my sympathies to the family and friends, but as much as shefield united's win means that theyre keeping up with us, Well done the Blades, great performance, made Arsenal look like us at the Emirates.

Also well played Rovers today, dug deep.

Lucas you're an arse

I was dumbfounded as warnock stuck Jaglieka in goal (!?!?!?!?!?!) whiile he still had

two available substitutions. I was shocked to see the Blades tenacioiusly defend their 1 goal advantage,

althou a Henryless Arse look a bit toothless. Jaglieka was very good in goal....

tremendous result for them !

Archived