BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ferguson Stripped Of Rangers Captaincy

Guest Kamy100

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He had a period before his knee injury where he started to play very well.

It's funny how no-one has mentioned that. He had a potential career ending injury during his time here, few players come back the same.

Not that I'm a fan or anything. I couldn't care less about the man to be frank - sure he was a dick with his comments towards the end, but every footballer thinks those things. The difference is they're smart enough not to approach a journalist with their thoughts. ;)

He had a period before his knee injury where he started to play very well.

No he didn't, he had a period when he improved and started to show signs of what he could do but he wasn't playing "very well". Unfortunately he never reached those heights at Rovers at least not more than in an odd game.

Ferguson constantly flattered to deceive...it's obvious his heart wasn't really in it. Certainly not after his injury anyway.

He was rubbish with us, he's a mammy's boy and would treat us and any other team as he did before. Let him sink into obscurity, just don't let him take us with him.

Remember who was right about him before.

Yes . Me :)

He never rose above the level of mediocrity with us . Some just didn't want to recognise it though .

Angry Hughes raged at Ferguson: "You want a transfer - F*** off out of my office,"

I think we can safely assume that there's no way Sparky would want him back at the club!

It's interesting to note that in Ferguson's book he describes joining Blackburn as "the biggest mistake of my life," - yet this was the same guy who just a couple of weeks before disgracefully refusing to pull on the blue and white shirt in an FA Cup tie, told the Lancashire Evening Telegraph in an interview: "I'm extremely happy at Blackburn and definitely want to stay at the club."

Ferguson came to Blackburn declaring: "No disrepect to the SPL, but there's only one big game for Rangers in Scotland - against Celtic. I've always wanted to play in the English Premiership."

In December 2004 he told the media how happy he was at Ewood Park and how he definitely wanted to stay at Blackburn. Then just a couple of weeks later in the January transfer window of 2005, he disgraced himself by refusing to perform for Rovers in an FA Cup tie against Cardiff, demanding a transfer and later stating: "Joining Blackburn was the biggest mistake of my life."

Ferguson tried to give us the sob story about his kids. When he joined Rovers, he said: "I just want to be able to take my kids swimming without getting abuse from Celtic fans." Later he changed his story and said that he and his family were missing Glasgow.

Link: "Ferguson tries to have too much influence - you need a captain who provides an example," says Paul Le Guen

Prior to his injury, I thought Ferguson was a superb player and exactly the kind of player I love to watch; a box to box midfielder who could sit back and spread the play or venture forward and carry the ball into the opposition half.

After his injury he just wasn't the same. If he left because he wasn't good enough any more and we wanted to sell him, then I would feel bad for him, but his departure was really disrespectful and, frankly, out of order. Screw him.

that it was a load of ol tosh. It would be like Dunny signing for Burnley - Never gonna happen.

Not that it would ever happen, but if the conditions were right, I speculate that Dunn would have no moral objections to joining Burnley. Nothing suprises me anymore.

Credit to Le Guen, what he said in that interview is spot on.

Yes, because his tactics have been so spot on that a blind cat (ie someone who's played for the team for 10 years and knows the Scottish game) couldn't have done better! Le Guen has signalled his own death. Looking at some of the head-cases yesterday, possibly his actual death!

That's besides the point and I don't watch enough Scottish football to judge, but I don't think that anyone could say that what he just said about why he chose to get rid of Ferguson was wrong and that he didn't handle it well. He's made a very tough decision knowing full well that it will increase the pressure on him, that takes some guts.

As I pointed out, Le Guen has stepped down twice when he has been in charge of sides in good positions, I don't think he is the type who would try to be forced out. He certainly won't when you consider the fact that he probably needs to turn things around slightly if he wants a return into decent football management after this (particularly outside of France).

I too read the chapter in Bazza's book in the bookshop - was rather annoyed to find that he blamed his son being unhappy for his reason to return.

Now as I recall reports at the time from Lytham said that his wife and kids had settled well in Lytham and to all intents didn't want to return to Glasgow.

Sad to use a child as an excuse for your own shortcomings........

Archived