BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gears Of War

• 3 weeks later...

GOW is without doubt THE BEST game EVER on any format!!

(except maybe total war series)

Graphics are unbelievable and online beats anything offered by R6.

GRAW and R6 are both sreiously good games but they are not up to same standard as GOW.

Perhaps those that don't like it just aren'y very good at the online stuff and keep dying?

GOW online is fast in-your-face bloodfest brains popping out all over and I spend much time on there. 4v4 round-based action a few minutes per round so even if you die first you're soon back in the action. Lots of achievements and different game-types/maps/weapons to keep you interested and don't believe that you will get "bored" by the single-person campaign - try beating General RAAM on insane level!!

The only slight criticism is that the online ability-matching seems a bit blunt and sometimes I get annoying with yanks saying "you suck". Mind you they like it when you call em w**ker!!

Get all 3 - GOW GRAW and R6 - for 120quid you will never see light of day again.

Correct I do suck at online games! Last game i was really good at online was Ut and I was fairly good at PGR3. I have heard the same as you damage on the two online comparisons, but I imagine GOW is fast and fusrious where as R6 is a bit more tactical. Takes your pick.

My comparison was against the single player experiences. Much preferred R6 on that score.

Started to play ing GOW got over 1/2 way, decided to try R6 I havn't even gone back to GOW.

Each to their own I suppose.

I also loved GRAW, cant wait for GRAW 2.

Ahhh man!!

I understand .... but you gottta get past Act 4 and get to general RAAM at the end of the game - such a buzz when you kill him!

Anyway, yes i love GRAW (really is great graphics - has 3 online on my tv and good stuff!) just that GOW gives me more of an adrenaline buzz.

Howvere, have to say with GOW you have to be prepared to give the yanks some grief back!!! what really bugs me is when im not doing well and they say "manyou f**g suck!" mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmn well i take most things calm but..... hey I tend to find that responses such as "500 pound ice-cream-eating agrophobic with no friends" (or similar) get some effect!

If you need to do it - i'll do co-op with you just send me request (i'll host or be dom)- MaliciousDamage

Kill the locust horde!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Kamy100

I see that this game is out in the US next week and pretty much every review is giving it 9's and 10's. Out in the UK on 13 April.

What game are you talking about?

That's a very good question. There's nothing due out on Xbox 360 on 13th April. The only PS3 game due out is F.E.A.R. and that is VERY old on all other formats. The PC has Kawasaki Jet Ski and I can't see it being that! Could it be God or War 2 on the PS2?

Come on Kamy, put us out of our misery.

Archived