SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 4th Round Draw

Modi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont know if this has been spotted from the sky page:-

Everton keeper Tim Howard could only parry David Bentley's straight shot to the feet of Matt Derbyshire after five minutes, before Morten Gamst Pedersen's 25-yard free-kick flew into the net after 21 minutes.

It was Ped's shot wasnt it not Bentleys :o

Not against QPR admittedly but we had a very memorable night game at Loftus Road a couple of years back, fantastic night.

No it wasnt, it was bloody horrible.

Still the "You'll never get a passport" song was good fun.

Wasnt that the same day Lara hit his 400? Im sure we watched it in the pub

we had another a few seasons ago : 4-0, in 'the hakan suker show.' my favourite qpr game was the 1-0 in '95 (thought we had the lge sewn up then...) and recently the 3-1 win in the promotion season. we took our full allocation to both those games, and the upper teir was 'rocking'!

Yeah i went to that. Cracking match!

QPR would be nice for me - 20 mins walk from the front door.

But went to Barnet earlier this season and it's a great little ground - how watching footy ought to be - I'd love to see Rovers play there.

Colour me crazy, but I also enjoy Loftus Road. A right homey dump!

Was the the 4-3 against Fulham? Because if so, that's one of my favourite games ever (particularly since we were 2-1 down at half time) :tu:

Another reason I like going to Loftus Road.

It was indeed. Remember Tugay's pass with the outside of his boot for Cole's goal? Classic Tugay.

Hmmm, and work might be sending me over to Europe for 3 months starting at around that time. Would be great to have a return trip to Loftus Road...

I think I remember meeting you in the pub beforehand?

we had another a few seasons ago : 4-0, in 'the hakan suker show.' my favourite qpr game was the 1-0 in '95 (thought we had the lge sewn up then...) and recently the 3-1 win in the promotion season. we took our full allocation to both those games, and the upper teir was 'rocking'!

Didn't go to the Sukur game but I remember seeing it on TV - the drag past the keeper with the bottom of his boot was sublime! I really thought we'd hit the jackpot with him then.

No it wasnt, it was bloody horrible.

Still the "You'll never get a passport" song was good fun.

Wasnt that the same day Lara hit his 400? Im sure we watched it in the pub

You big girls blouse.

It was the same day yes - Easter Monday 2004. Two days after the Easter Saturday Massacre at home to Leeds.

It was indeed. Remember Tugay's pass with the outside of his boot for Cole's goal? Classic Tugay.

Didn't Amo score that evening? If it's the same game I'm thinking of, I think it was a cracker.

It was the same day yes - Easter Monday 2004. Two days after the Easter Saturday Massacre at home to Leeds.

The Leeds game left us level on points with them. They were 17th, we were 16th.

Following our 4-3 win, Arsenal stuffed them 5-0 :D We stayed up and they went down.

For all of you on here who habitually moan and complain about how we are doing, that weekend was a reminder of how bad it can really get. That loss to Leeds was downright awful. I felt worse after that than I did in 1999 after the Man U draw that sent us down. The Fulham game though was one of the best I've seen for emotion. The skill was terrible but the result worked. Flitcroft on the right wing; oh dear.

As far as the cup goes, the best you can ask for is a home tie to lower league opposition, we got it half right. It should be an easy progression into the fifth round whoever we play, but Luton will be a stiffer game (and harder to get to) as they will be very organised.

For all of you on here who habitually moan and complain about how we are doing, that weekend was a reminder of how bad it can really get. That loss to Leeds was downright awful. I felt worse after that than I did in 1999 after the Man U draw that sent us down. The Fulham game though was one of the best I've seen for emotion. The skill was terrible but the result worked. Flitcroft on the right wing; oh dear.

As far as the cup goes, the best you can ask for is a home tie to lower league opposition, we got it half right. It should be an easy progression into the fifth round whoever we play, but Luton will be a stiffer game (and harder to get to) as they will be very organised.

It actually felt a lot like the Forest game of 99. We weren't down, but it looked very likely. The Fulham game was a real rollercoaster, 1-0 up and good value, 2-1 down at half time and in despair.

MC - Amo did score, a freekick no less. Douglas volleyed one in off the post and Stead scored from outside the area as well. Probably my favourite Rovers game I've been to bar Cardiff.

Not a bad draw IMO. It could have been worse, we could have been drawn away to Chelsea or Arsenal and that would have been our F.A Cup run over. We should be favourites to win this one, but you know what they say about the F.A Cup, the form book goes right out the window.

You big girls blouse.

Yes, at least I didnt buy it off a tramp ;)

It was still a horrible night, I had to drive home back to brum along the unlit M40 with a thumping headache (guess who sat next to the drummers?) and was mentaly exhausted. I did not need that amount of stress.

As good as the final result was, at halftime i was convinced we were relegated

It actually felt a lot like the Forest game of 99. We weren't down, but it looked very likely. The Fulham game was a real rollercoaster, 1-0 up and good value, 2-1 down at half time and in despair.

MC - Amo did score, a freekick no less. Douglas volleyed one in off the post and Stead scored from outside the area as well. Probably my favourite Rovers game I've been to bar Cardiff.

Yes, we did meet beforehand in that real dump of a pub next door to the stadium.

I remember standing in the concourse (if you can call it that) with Tris at the half talking about coming over for the Burnley home game in the Championship the next season. I remember Stead's goal, especially for the total look of delight on his face as he ran over and celebrated. I also remember how crap Van Der Sar was on that day.

Archived