BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 4th Round Draw

Modi

FAC R4, UEFA Cup last 32, climbing the league - not bad at all for a small town club. Hughes for the chop? - don't make me laugh. It doesn't get much better than this. This is why it is so much better following Rovers than a big city club.

BTW happy memories of the midweek game at Loftus Road in April '95, drinking Guinness with the late great Peter White before the game and singing champions songs hanging out of the sunroof going down the A4 afterwards.

:brfc:B)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

come on luton!!! beat the R's. i'd love to sit in oak road end of kenilworth in my blue and white shirt singing for the rovers!! crap stadium but great atmosphere!

QPR have been given 1750 tickets for the replay. Would that be enough for us?

Luton is Rovers number one bogey side. We've NEVER won at Kenilworth Road.

Its a horrible tight little ground with a terrible surface. Mike Newell will be keen to show Rovers what he can do to motivate a team as well.

Both teams are capable of upsetting the Rovers but I fear Luton far more.

QPR have been given 1750 tickets for the replay. Would that be enough for us?

With Watford, Man City, QPR/Luton and Chelsea away all a matter of weeks I'd say 1750 should be enough. Its a good time but an expensive time to be a Rover.

Its a horrible tight little ground with a terrible surface. Mike Newell will be keen to show Rovers what he can do to motivate a team as well.

i seem to have beer goggled memories about going there and something happening with keeley on the plastic grass??no idea if its a real memory or beer stained. :(<_<

i seem to have beer goggled memories about going there and something happening with keeley on the plastic grass??no idea if its a real memory or beer stained. :(<_<

Keeley took out one of their players (Fucillo ?) with a neck high challenge , Jimmy Hill said it was the worst tackle he'd ever seen :D

Keeley took out one of their players (Fucillo ?) with a neck high challenge , Jimmy Hill said it was the worst tackle he'd ever seen :D

That was at Ewood on a bone hard icy pitch. Funnily enough I was thinking about that just the other day given the Niemi incident.

As I remember it Killer kicked the guy ten feet up in the air and he came down vertically on his head and neck in very similar fashion.

That was at Ewood on a bone hard icy pitch. Funnily enough I was thinking about that just the other day given the Niemi incident.

As I remember it Killer kicked the guy ten feet up in the air and he came down vertically on his head and neck in very similar fashion.

I can remember the incident and the players, just 200 miles away with the ground. Must be getting old

That's a sobering thought :unsure: although when was the last time we even played them? Surely we can break this particular duck.

.... just checked on Roversmad Head to Head ... it was 1982

Yeah official text off Rovers:

Rovers FA Cup tie against either Luton Town or QPR has been selected for TV by the BBC. The game will now kick off at 12:30pm on Saturday 27th January

Is that the best game they can come up with? The magic of the fa cup - my a***

Come on folks, lets all start complaining about the kick off time then........................

Come on folks, lets all start complaining about the kick off time then........................

Never mind complainign about the pigging kick off, Im gonna complain that its not on Eurosport, damn TV companies, what kind of channel is the B B C then?

Archived