BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 4th Round Draw

Modi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its not on eurosport? I'm gonna write to John Williams and complain!!

Why are they playing it away? How inconvenient!

Can Rovers not get it changed to Ewood? in fact - get it played in my back garden!

Presumably you'll want some sort of commission for opening the curtains?

Wahey! A bit of exposure for Rovers, and a potentially very interesting matchup between Newell and his old club. I am a bit suprised they selected this one though, hardly the most thrilling tie on offer, but you can't complain. Oh, well patently you can from the above...

I think maybe the rational is we are the one Premiership club away from home so there might be an upset.

Yeah official text off Rovers:

Rovers FA Cup tie against either Luton Town or QPR has been selected for TV by the BBC. The game will now kick off at 12:30pm on Saturday 27th January

Is that the best game they can come up with? The magic of the fa cup - my a***

Come on folks, lets all start complaining about the kick off time then........................

Nightmare

They are doing maintainance work between Newark and Grantham that day so I am going to have to set off at 06:00 or stay on the Friday night.

Not to worry.

I think maybe the rational is we are the one Premiership club away from home so there might be an upset.

That's right but if you asked people to name which Premiership teams would be candidates for such an upset then we'd probably be at the bottom of most people's lists. We're no soft touch a la Charlton or West Ham; we'll be too well-prepared, up for it and too good for either of them.

Can't see anything other than a routine win for us.

Wahey! A bit of exposure for Rovers, and a potentially very interesting matchup between Newell and his old club. I am a bit suprised they selected this one though, hardly the most thrilling tie on offer, but you can't complain. Oh, well patently you can from the above...

didn't luton have a fa cup classic against liverpool recently which ended something like 5-3 and alonso scoring from his own half ?

i agree with you post about the match being selected for tv coverage as a potential upset but it ain't gunna happen :rover:

No it wasnt, it was bloody horrible.

Still the "You'll never get a passport" song was good fun.

Wasnt that the same day Lara hit his 400? Im sure we watched it in the pub

Was this the one where I met you about 5 hours before kick off and it was about £1.20 a pint?

If I remember correctly is there not an South African Bar, The Springbok, right near the away end....what an absolute hole that place is.

Think it's called the Springbok (or was) can't remember much about it, I was as pi**ed as a fart last time I was in there. Those were the days, not married, no kids, memories :lol::lol: From what I remember I had a really great day last time I was down at QPR. Must have been drunk, can't remember the score :wacko:

Think it's called the Springbok (or was) can't remember much about it, I was as pi**ed as a fart last time I was in there. Those were the days, not married, no kids, memories :lol::lol: From what I remember I had a really great day last time I was down at QPR. Must have been drunk, can't remember the score :wacko:

If it ws in the first Division when we got promoted I think we won 3-1 but we were 1 down early on.

If it ws in the first Division when we got promoted I think we won 3-1 but we were 1 down early on.

Tis indeed the Springbok on South Africa road if I am not mistaken - maybe Tris or other London Based rovers can confirm

Normally fairly welcoming but wasn't there a bit of trouble last time we played the R's?

Tis indeed the Springbok on South Africa road if I am not mistaken - maybe Tris or other London Based rovers can confirm

Normally fairly welcoming but wasn't there a bit of trouble last time we played the R's?

Springbok - you are not mistaken Capt.

Love the first three comments on the place - and they're about right from memory!

There are loads of better places to drink on the other side of the ground, back towards Shepherds Bush and across the Uxbridge Road.

Will post some ideas on here if QPR get past Luton next Tuesday.

If there's anyone who lives in the Luton area could they put some suggestions on here for early pre-match beer. We fly down, taking advantage of Easyjet's January sale, and land at about 8.30. I believe Luton is a bit of a dump but I've never been myself.

For QPR, the Bush Ranger is a good pub, from memory its just at the other side of the Market from the ground.

Hope its Luton though.

Archived