BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 4th Round Draw

Modi

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wide open spaces at St James caused by apathetic support and annual pics of Geordies leaving in droves / crying / booing their team never fails to give me huge pleasure.

But I'm getting to like Glenn Roeder as a person. Honesty and integrity are always welcome in todays game.

Wide open spaces at St James caused by apathetic support and annual pics of Geordies leaving in droves / crying / booing their team never fails to give me huge pleasure.

Yup, the gate of 26,000 there tonight (half the norm) perhaps puts into perspective the 13k or so we usually get for Cup games.

Yup, the gate of 26,000 there tonight (half the norm) perhaps puts into perspective the 13k or so we usually get for Cup games.

Exactly my thinking Rev?

this equates to a drop of approx 50% - not exactly what we have lost on crowds

Now look at the perspective here which you know will very will happen -if this had been us we would have been slated for our support yet beacause its the Geordies it will be ' the proof of the state of Football debate' etc. and geordies turn their back on the cup. :angry:

Moving on though , Big club looked very impressive and made me wonder how the hell the barcodes whooped our arse even when where down to 10 men.

5-1 to Brum ! Another nail in the coffin of the Geordies reputation as great fans . 26,099 at the beginning ......about 3,000 there at the end - and they're Brummies !

i remember going to the toon in the 80's a 0-0 night game and im sure there wasnt 12,000 not 100% tho ive slept a few times since

Arrangements should not be too difficult if left late

QPR West London, Luton North of London, train every 10 mins from Luton Parkway to Euston..

Just a couple of minor corrections ... the normal Luton station is much closer to the ground than Luton Airport Parkway ... and the trains go from / to London St Pancras or Kings Cross Thameslink rather than Euston!!

But otherwise quite right - this could have been a nightmare to arrange if the two teams had been at opposite ends of the country.

i remember going to the toon in the 80's a 0-0 night game and im sure there wasnt 12,000 not 100% tho ive slept a few times since

I was there that night and the gate was 14,00 but I must say the noise at times was deafening. I stayed B&B in Newcastle and the fans in the pub after were very complimentary. That was the season we could have gone up but we forgot how to score

1 full house at st james park is equal to half the population of Blackburn.

the population of Newcastle - upon Tyne alone in 2001 census totalled over 250,000 !

Not really a decent comparison is it?

1 full house at st james park is equal to half the population of Blackburn.

the population of Newcastle - upon Tyne alone in 2001 census totalled over 250,000 !

Not really a decent comparison is it?

You misunderstand me completely, I wasn't criticising our support, I was making the point that half the m/b go on suicide watch when we get 12 or 13k for a Cup tie.

Yet Newcastle got a lower percentage (half) of their League attendances for last night's Cup tie.

Proving what me and Scotty (I think) have been saying for a long time. Rovers fans are no better or worse than any other set of fans. There's just not as many of us.

Archived