Modi

TV money v KO Time  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

Are you STILL whining on about it? You started on page three of this thread and, frankly, nothing's going to change so starting the thread up again seems a tad pointless.

nothing else is happening on the forum so i don't see whats wrong with bringing this subject up again.

It made me laugh the other day when Mr williams said he wants to put the clubs fans first, if he really was bothered about the fans, he would of made this game a decent kick off time so alot more Rover fans could bloody attend the game and not sign a contract with german television company

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nothing else is happening on the forum so i don't see whats wrong with bringing this subjet up again.

It made me laugh the other day when Mr williams said he wants to put the clubs fans first, if he really was bothered about the fans, he would of made this game a decent kick off time so alot more Rover fans could bloody attend the game and not sign a contract with german television company

I think free tickets for ST holders is putting the fans first, its a balance and I reckon they got it right.

I know peoples situations are different but i prefer this early kick off. For big games in the evening i usually get out of work anyway or book the day in advance half day or full. Its how i like to spend my hloiday allowence, but I suppose that not for everyone.

Its the 5.15pms on Saturday that bother.It tends to clash with Harry Hills TV Burp.

Are you STILL whining on about it? You started on page three of this thread and, frankly, nothing's going to change so starting the thread up again seems a tad pointless.

and your STILL patronising people who have got to work...i do hope you get stuck in traffic until 8.15

Here here! Just take the day off work or a half day and make a day of it, if you live far away then you could incorporate a trip to Salford as they have a great football photography display at the art gallery or even a tour of a north west football ground.

so everyone can get off work and take flexi ??

Anyone who is struggling to make the kick off

play the flexi time ball and make the time up another day !!!!

;)

cmon waz not everyone can do this...if i was in liverpool i wouldnt of been able to.

I think free tickets for ST holders is putting the fans first, its a balance and I reckon they got it right.

I know peoples situations are different but i prefer this early kick off. For big games in the evening i usually get out of work anyway or book the day in advance half day or full. Its how i like to spend my hloiday allowence, but I suppose that not for everyone.

Its the 5.15pms on Saturday that bother.It tends to clash with Harry Hills TV Burp.

it is a good idea to let in season ticket holders in for a free for this match i agree, just a damm good shame i and eight other people who attend Rovers nearly every game can't make the match because of the ridiculous kick off time

Whatever the Kick Off time or date the club will never please all fans all of the time.

Whilst I understand those who are annoyed that they cannot attend this game, there are

also fans who are annoyed when the can't attend 7.45/8pm kick off times - there's no difference.

The results of the poll at the top of this page show that the club pretty much got this right.

Whatever the Kick Off time or date the club will never please all fans all of the time.

Whilst I understand those who are annoyed that they cannot attend this game, there are

also fans who are annoyed when the can't attend 7.45/8pm kick off times - there's no difference.

The results of the poll at the top of this page show that the club pretty much got this right.

Funny how a poll is asked for and put on and when it shows a result people don't want they pretty much pretend it isn't there!

80% think the club's right. I'm with them!

Here here! Just take the day off work or a half day and make a day of it, if you live far away then you could incorporate a trip to Salford as they have a great football photography display at the art gallery or even a tour of a north west football ground.

Or do what I'm doing: get the afternoon off, use the extra time to catch the train and enjoy a decent pint before the game :)

Simon :brfc:

good luck against them whatever crowd turns up

A pointless quote but luckily we operate a democratic board here, unlike your county's cricket club for many years..by the way you sound as bitter as warnock

Back to the point, there is no pleasing everyone, but I am sure all the kids who otherwise would not get to go to an 8pm kick off are delighted..In 2007 there is lots of shifts and flexitime and we operate a 24hr society, but saying that those who genuinely cant make it have a right to be disappointed but please dont harp on about JW and the club, they made the best commercial decision in the interests of the club, and most on here agree..

Personally its great I can get home just under 3 hrs away at a decent hour and arrange a work appointment in the north, and get a free ticket with my Season ticket, season ticket holders who cant make it could always arrive at half time and get 45 minutes free, unless they sit in the riverside then it will be 40mins free ( cheap joke)

season ticket holders who cant make it could always arrive at half time and get 45 minutes free, unless they sit in the riverside then it will be 40mins free ( cheap joke)

Walking Continent of Common Sense.

People who can't make it for 6pm can even see how the game is going and decide if they want to watch the rest of the game, and still get it for free.

season ticket holders who cant make it could always arrive at half time and get 45 minutes free, unless they sit in the riverside then it will be 40mins free ( cheap joke)

People who can't make it for 6pm can even see how the game is going and decide if they want to watch the rest of the game, and still get it for free.

if fans are going to do that, the staduim is going to be half empty in the first half and full in the second half then. what about the non season ticket holders who are going to be able to get the second half in, will they be able to get in free, i dont think so somehow

Exactly.

But people would rather moan about hard done by they are. All 13 of them who voted for the option above!

Exactly.

But people would rather moan about hard done by they are. All 13 of them who voted for the option above!

if you could not make one of Rovers most inportant match of late, cos of this sudden change off kick time, i think you would be moaning as well

This topic was discussed at the Fans' Forum on Monday night. The club stated that the offer for German TV rights was simply too good to turn down for a club like Rovers. They recognise that the early kick-off time will be inconvenient for some fans, but also note that 8.00 kick-offs are a problem for other fans, particularly those with young children. The free entry for ST holders and £1 for kids offer recognise the inconvenient timing.

I note that some fans are still going on about problems they have with the timing. I wonder how often they have commented on the difficulty of 8.00 kick-offs for other fans? For me I'm in a group of 5 ST holders and I would be the only one going at 8.00, whereas we will all be there at 6.00.

Incidentally the kick-off will actually be at 6.05 p.m., as ITV have the UK rights and will be showing the match on either ITV2 or ITV4 (the latter only starts broadcasting at 6.00).

so if rovers got offered 1million for playing both games in germany or do what the nfl is doing and play the home leg in miami then the money is too good to turn down you would be happy??

7.30 was the traditional midweek ko time then after man ure ballsed up with traffic jams and changed to 8pm kick offs we for some obscure reason followed suit.

I know the money is there ( I can now make it ) but its a numpty time to kick off and people on here should lay off the people who cant get time off work should lay off the folks that cant.....15 years ago i worked 12 hour permanent nights and couldnt make night games for a 2 seasons,nothing I could do about it.What im trying to say is I think its a good idea freebies and all(will the people who say footy is to cheap ,be put there 36 quid in a envoplope for jw or are they all talk?) but Im scaredof were this blood money is going to take us?

so if rovers got offered 1million for playing both games in germany or do what the nfl is doing and play the home leg in miami then the money is too good to turn down you would be happy??

7.30 was the traditional midweek ko time then after man ure ballsed up with traffic jams and changed to 8pm kick offs we for some obscure reason followed suit.

I know the money is there ( I can now make it ) but its a numpty time to kick off and people on here should lay off the people who cant get time off work should lay off the folks that cant.....15 years ago i worked 12 hour permanent nights and couldnt make night games for a 2 seasons,nothing I could do about it.What im trying to say is I think its a good idea freebies and all(will the people who say footy is to cheap ,be put there 36 quid in a envoplope for jw or are they all talk?) but Im scaredof were this blood money is going to take us?

Of course I don't think we should completely sell our soul to TV, but I don't believe this is. (Mind you I suspect there are some fans who would actually welcome two legs in Germany - there were plenty in Rotterdam who don't go to home games).

The problem I have with people on here moaning about the kick-off time is that firstly 80% of people are happy with it and secondly it's actually a better time for a number of fans, including 4 out of 5 of our ST group. They have had to put up with missing a significant number of home games, including, off the top of my head, Man Utd last season and Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Of course you're entitled to have your say and tell us you don't agree with the majority opinion but how many times are you going to tell us. I think we've got the message.

This topic was discussed at the Fans' Forum on Monday night. The club stated that the offer for German TV rights was simply too good to turn down for a club like Rovers. They recognise that the early kick-off time will be inconvenient for some fans, but also note that 8.00 kick-offs are a problem for other fans, particularly those with young children. The free entry for ST holders and £1 for kids offer recognise the inconvenient timing.

I note that some fans are still going on about problems they have with the timing. I wonder how often they have commented on the difficulty of 8.00 kick-offs for other fans? For me I'm in a group of 5 ST holders and I would be the only one going at 8.00, whereas we will all be there at 6.00.

Incidentally the kick-off will actually be at 6.05 p.m., as ITV have the UK rights and will be showing the match on either ITV2 or ITV4 (the latter only starts broadcasting at 6.00).

i understand Rovers taking the broadcast money, but why did Mr Williams say the other day the fans should come first, i bet you won't see another kick off time at Ewood kicking of at 18:05 in a midweek, after this one

i understand Rovers taking the broadcast money, but why did Mr Williams say the other day the fans should come first, i bet you won't see another kick off time at Ewood kicking of at 18:05 in a midweek, after this one

Just what are you trying to prove or get people to admit or whatever? You've wittered on about how disappointed you are on almost every page of this topic. We get it. Unless YOU can stump up £650k for the club to change the time back, please stop now. You're not going to change anything, nor should the club change for you.

John Williams of course wants fans to be happy, but not at the expense of £650k, or to put it another way, the up-front cost of buying Dunny back. Now what would we rather have? The £15 from Gaz and him happy or Dunny back.

Thought so.

Just what are you trying to prove or get people to admit or whatever? You've wittered on about how disappointed you are on almost every page of this topic. We get it. Unless YOU can stump up £650k for the club to change the time back, please stop now. You're not going to change anything, nor should the club change for you.

John Williams of course wants fans to be happy, but not at the expense of £650k, or to put it another way, the up-front cost of buying Dunny back. Now what would we rather have? The £15 from Gaz and him happy or Dunny back.

Thought so.

i know i am not going to change anything, but put it this way if a television company were offering £650k to put the game on at 11:00 at night in midweek would u be still be happy then?

The club could attract nearly a full house for this game if it was at suitable kick off time like 7:45 or 8:00 (which is a normal kick off time in England for an eveing match) and not at 6:05 which stops fans attending the match cos of work hours, not to mention what the rush hour traffic is going to be like on the night.

The crowd will be no more then 15000 i predict

Of course I don't think we should completely sell our soul to TV, but I don't believe this is. (Mind you I suspect there are some fans who would actually welcome two legs in Germany - there were plenty in Rotterdam who don't go to home games).

The problem I have with people on here moaning about the kick-off time is that firstly 80% of people are happy with it and secondly it's actually a better time for a number of fans, including 4 out of 5 of our ST group. They have had to put up with missing a significant number of home games, including, off the top of my head, Man Utd last season and Chelsea and Arsenal this season. Of course you're entitled to have your say and tell us you don't agree with the majority opinion but how many times are you going to tell us. I think we've got the message.

1. so rovers shoud cater for people who go abroad but not home games?

2.160 people in the world of rovers vote and its gospel

3.i will post as long as a certain stuck up poster keeps chirping away with same old crap.

Archived