1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i know i am not going to change anything, but put it this way if a television company were offering £650k to put the game on at 11:00 at night in midweek would be u still be happy then?

The club could attract nearly a full house for this game if it was at suitable kick off time like 7:45 or 8:00 (which is a normal kick off time in England for an eveing match) and not at 6:05 which stops fans attending the match cos of work hours, not to mention what the rush hour traffic is going to be like on the night.

The crowd will be no more then 15000 i predict

You keep quoting this mythical nearly full house. Stop deluding yourself. If it was against a well-supported or big team, maybe. You ignore the fact that more people on here find 8pm or 7.45pm a more difficult time than 6.05. If the game was on at 11pm and it was one I wanted to see, I'd make arrangements- thats what holidays are for. You've had months to sort yourself out. Most of the others have. The club cannot and should not legislate for your inefficiency.

And if we sold 31600 tickets at £15, we'd get £474k. If it cost more, you'd whine about prices.

if the club were offering the same price they were offering for this match those games would of been sold out easily

They might have done, but To suggest that an 8pm kick off on the telly for Leverkusen would even be close to a sell out is very very bizarre.

To sell it out we would have to sell nigh on 28000 tickets. Leverkusen wont bring many.

That wouldnt happen.

You keep quoting this mythical nearly full house. Stop deluding yourself. If it was against a well-supported or big team, maybe. You ignore the fact that more people on here find 8pm or 7.45pm a more difficult time than 6.05. If the game was on at 11pm and it was one I wanted to see, I'd make arrangements- thats what holidays are for. You've had months to sort yourself out. Most of the others have. The club cannot and should not legislate for your inefficiency.

And if we sold 31600 tickets at £15, we'd get £474k. If it cost more, you'd whine about prices.

do you work JAN? if so i think you have a very kind boss if he lets you to book time off to go and watch a football match

we could attract a full gate for this match, i remember on a couple of occasions we have had a full house for a night match (8:00 kick off) when the club have reduced the prices for non season ticket holders

A full house will not just help the players, but could attract more fans for further matches in the future as well, which would bring extra revenue for club

I hope you will like the atmosphe when the groud is only half full, thats if you make it to the ground on time due the traffic chaos it's going to cause

They might have done, but To suggest that an 8pm kick off on the telly for Leverkusen would even be close to a sell out is very very bizarre.

To sell it out we would have to sell nigh on 28000 tickets. Leverkusen wont bring many.

That wouldnt happen.

I think we could easily if the club kept the same pricing,

I think we could easily if the club kept the same pricing,

£15? for Leverkusen?

We couldnt sell out for BOLTON at £15, who brought 7700 fans.

We certainly wont sell out for this, under any circumstances. No matter what the kick off time or the TV arrangements.

£15? for Leverkusen?

We couldnt sell out for BOLTON at £15, who brought 7700 fans.

We certainly wont sell out for this, under any circumstances. No matter what the kick off time or the TV arrangements.

this match means a lot more then the Bolton match i think.

i have seen a full house when we were in the championship before so i don't see why we can't attract a full house for a match in the U.E.F.A cup knock out stage especially if the tie was evenly balanced after the 1st leg

if you could not make one of Rovers most inportant match of late, cos of this sudden change off kick time, i think you would be moaning as well

Holy smoke will you shut up about this?

Have you actually tried any of the 5 options below? You've had a month to try and sort something out.

Another 18 posts today in working hours ... I'll give your boss a call if you want, and make sure you can get to the game!

Seeing as you've managed to post 18 times during your working hours today - similar to most days since you started posting here - you have lots of options ->

1) be more productive at work and ask your boss for a couple of hours off on Feb 22 as a reward for your improved performance. This would be great for all of us because you'd stop posting so bloody much.

2) ask your friends at work to cover for you for a couple of hours that afternoon and offer to do the same for them if they ever need it.

3) arrive in work at 7am instead of 9am.

4) take some holiday - you appear to feel very strongly about not missing the match so this will be no great sacrifice.

5) point out how much you use this site when you should be working and ask your boss for the sack

Rovers HAVE to go for maximum revenue at this stage of the competition - and assume - not unreasonably - that the fans will want to be there for such a big game.

I wonder if the Leverkusen fans are ranting and raving about the 1715 KO for THEIR home game!?

do you work JAN? if so i think you have a very kind boss if he lets you to book time off to go and watch a football match

we could attract a full gate for this match, i remember on a couple of occasions we have had a full house for a night match (8:00 kick off) when the club have reduced the prices for non season ticket holders

A full house will not just help the players, but could attract more fans for further matches in the future as well, which would bring extra revenue for club

I hope you will like the atmosphe when the groud is only half full, thats if you make it to the ground on time due the traffic chaos it's going to cause

Lets take this point by point.

I do work. I book holiday for such games and it's no-one's business but mine why I'm booking it. I just say "I want day x on holiday". That's what you have your statutory holiday entitlement for. I have 7 weeks. And I don't have anyone who authorises it. Certainly not a man.

We've never had a declared sell-out at Ewood since new Ewood was built. The biggest midweek turn-out I could find was just under 30,000 for Celtic, and that was down to them having about 13,000 fans in the ground (officially 8,000 I believe). Leverkusen won't be bringing that following.

When we reduce prices, we get people attending who are willing to pay reduced prices. They don't come when prices go up again. They come on here and whinge about how every game should be £15 and we counter with "in League 2 they would be"

I don't much care about the atmosphere- I go to watch the game. The fewer people singing about Burnley as if it mattered, the better.

However, until the damn game's over I'm sure you'll whine as if you matter. You don't. Shut up. you're on ignore now.

Lets take this point by point.

I do work. I book holiday for such games and it's no-one's business but mine why I'm booking it. I just say "I want day x on holiday". That's what you have your statutory holiday entitlement for. I have 7 weeks. And I don't have anyone who authorises it. Certainly not a man.

We've never had a declared sell-out at Ewood since new Ewood was built. The biggest midweek turn-out I could find was just under 30,000 for Celtic, and that was down to them having about 13,000 fans in the ground (officially 8,000 I believe). Leverkusen won't be bringing that following.

When we reduce prices, we get people attending who are willing to pay reduced prices. They don't come when prices go up again. They come on here and whinge about how every game should be £15 and we counter with "in League 2 they would be"

I don't much care about the atmosphere- I go to watch the game. The fewer people singing about Burnley as if it mattered, the better.

However, until the damn game's over I'm sure you'll whine as if you matter. You don't. Shut up. you're on ignore now.

:huh:

Thats got to be one of the strangest posts i've read. The dislike of Burnley DOES matter espically to the people who live in the town. The rivalry is on all levels and has been around for years upon years. The atmosphere is part of football and can actually help spur a team on.

I don't have a problem with the kick off time. Considering the amount of games we've had to play to get this far in the UEFA cup, and how much it's affected our league form, I can't fault the club for looking to gain financially from this European adventure.

I myself can't make the game, I'm still at University. That said, I've given my season tickets to a friend who can, so my seats aren't going to waste.

The club have put the fans first:

* a rumoured £650,000 will end up in the squad one way or another

* ST holders are FREE

* everyone else is £15

What else do you want? JW to provide a personal stretch limo service?

I hope those complaining have never taken 3 days to aborad in Europe. If so can't you manage 3 hours at home?

Tom Finn stated directly to the Fans Forum "this was too good to turn down"

B)-->

QUOTE(Ste B @ Feb 7 2007, 18:02 ) 488063[/snapback]
You dont live in Glasgow either, but given your posting history, I'd bet you dont find Souness and Rangers irrelevant ?

Rangers actually PLAY Celtic regularly (hence RELEVANT). I think hating Manure and Pukearsehole is far more relevant to Rovers (Do hate them both, by the way- although Chelsea could make me see Manure as slightly less evil given time). We have the lovely Mr Hughes!

1. so rovers shoud cater for people who go abroad but not home games?

2.160 people in the world of rovers vote and its gospel

3.i will post as long as a certain stuck up poster keeps chirping away with same old crap.

1. You don't seriously think that I actually thought it was a sensible idea to play both legs in Germany do you? My side point was that there are some so-called Rovers fans who have been to away UEFA Cup games but don't come to Ewood.

2. 80% of 160 fans isn't perfect but it's as good as we have and given the cross section of opinions on this site I would imaging it's fairly representative of the keen Rovers fan.

3. Not sure whether that's me or any one of a number of others who disagree with you but I'm not sure you're in a position to complain about posting "the same old crap".

1. You don't seriously think that I actually thought it was a sensible idea to play both legs in Germany do you? My side point was that there are some so-called Rovers fans who have been to away UEFA Cup games but don't come to Ewood.

2. 80% of 160 fans isn't perfect but it's as good as we have and given the cross section of opinions on this site I would imaging it's fairly representative of the keen Rovers fan.

3. Not sure whether that's me or any one of a number of others who disagree with you but I'm not sure you're in a position to complain about posting "the same old crap".

1. you made it look like you was implying it on the last page.

2.if you had come with a survey at the area i sit ,you would get at least a 75% vote saying its a crap kick off time.

3.it wasnt aimed at you ( but what i post has jack all to do with you) .It was aimed at the pompous ,up her own arse ,self confesssed i hate england( but live there still cant get over that comment), if you holidays arnt flexible and you cant go youve had months to sort it,man hating,obbsessive souey hating person.

Archived