Modi

TV money v KO Time  

213 members have voted

1. 1. What are your views on the Leverkusen 6pm KO

• I understand the club's logic and will be going
    • I understand the club's logic but the KO time prevents me from going
    • I'll be taking time off work to attend and don't like this
    • I'm annoyed with the club, the fans shoud come first

I'm currently trying to get our head to move a parents' evening that would normally run right through the match. Don't know if he'll be able to do it yet as school calenders are set a year in advance and dates published to parents well in advance.Here's hoping because otherwise I won't even get there for half time.

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Your knocking £15 for walk on's?....WTF!!!! <_<

The match is moved 1hr 45 mins earlier and by the look of it many are planning a retro 1960 cup final boycott of the club......no wonder our fans get the pish taken out of 'em.

If you REALLY want to be there on the night sort yourselves out and make allowances for the early kick off you gobbins!

:rolleyes:

i don't know if you know but a lot of people have jobs

Stop being a boor. I am perfectly aware of that. That's their fault, not the club's. I don't believe the club should turn down a significant amount of money because some fans can't (or in some cases won't) take the time off.

I know some will be disappointed to see our most importnt ever home European game, but I'm afraid the majority (no not all) of them are also the ones who complain about the club constantly. You have to forgive the club for taking the decision given that they never seem to get anything right for some fans!

I know some will be disappointed to see our most importnt ever home European game, but I'm afraid the majority (no not all) of them are also the ones who complain about the club constantly. You have to forgive the club for taking the decision given that they never seem to get anything right for some fans!

spot on jan and half who complain never go

Stop being a boor. I am perfectly aware of that. That's their fault, not the club's. I don't believe the club should turn down a significant amount of money because some fans can't (or in some cases won't) take the time off.

Do you work Jan?

I have not a missed a game for ages and to miss such an important match like this because of this stupid and damn right rude kick off is SCANADLOUS

I hope the club get a bloody crap crowd because they deserve it

I know that someone is probably going to shout Eurosport at me and become very angry, but is it actually known which channel will be covering the game?

EUROSPORT and most of the Rovers fans will have to watch it on Eurosport because they won't be able to get to the ground

Do you work Jan?

I have not a missed a game for ages and to miss such an important match like this because of this stupid and damn right rude kick off is SCANADLOUS

I hope the club get a bloody crap crowd because they deserve it

EUROSPORT and most of the Rovers fans will have to watch it on Eurosport because they won't be able to get to the ground

Has the match been moved for Eurosport Gaz?

I expect that you'll be absolutely ecstatic if they lose too! :wstu:

Hmm remind me please. What songs that then? :huh:

no not really why would i want my team to loose a match that was a stupid comment, but if who ever has made this stupid decision i hope they really do realise they are cheating the real fans who can't bloody attend a match to support their team

Gaz. You finish work at 6. You're telling me that it would take you more than 1 hr 45 minutes to get to Ewood from where you are?

The number of times I've been coming up for matches and got stuck behind an accident, or roadworks and only made the second half is ridiculous. Sometimes I've even left KNOWING I'm only going to see the second half. I still go though. Because anything is better than nothing.

And there was me thinking that normal working hours were 9 to 5. I agree that South of Manchester you'd be pushing it to get to the ground before 6 but surely it's not more than an hour from Manchester?

I don't have a problem with the KO time because I can make it. I understand people's frustration, esepcially the regulars, but it's interesting for any home game the club say around 10% of ST holders don't attend. Perhaps for this game it will be a different 10%?

Jan - I work within a mile of the airport. Leaving at 5.00pm on an exceptionally good night I can be at Ewood in 45 minutes BUT most nights it would be at least 75 minutes and I suspect with Blackburn traffic and match traffic as well could take 90 minutes. don't under-estimate M60 traffic.

For those wanting to know who is responsible for the decision read up here on pages 12 and 33. It would seem the decision is with Rovers. My guess is the club have been able to negotiate a hefty TV fee for moving to such an anti-social time for many. Leastways that would be my negotiating point. I feel Rovers have done their best in a difficult situation, you can't keep all of the people happy all of the time.

No Blakey BRISA wasn't asked. I see your back now there's something to moam about. ;)

It's a ONE OFF game at 6pm

Why dont people just make alternative arrangements, so they CAN make it?!

I'll just finish work early or book half a day.

Surely if people REALLY wanted to go, I'm sure they can work around it.

Its a one off game, its free and its the last 32 of Europe (on paper, one of the biggest games in our history)

Will people be complaining if we get to Glasgow and the kick off is 7:45pm but dont finish work til 5pm?

Come on, stop being petty!!

Jan - I work within a mile of the airport. Leaving at 5.00pm on an exceptionally good night I can be at Ewood in 45 minutes BUT most nights it would be at least 75 minutes and I suspect with Blackburn traffic and match traffic as well could take 90 minutes. don't under-estimate M60 traffic.

Wouldn't it be quicker (if a longer distance) to go via the M6? Or am I being daft

Thing that also occurs to me is people can find three days to go to Europe but not perhaps 2-3 hours for an early KO. i dream of being able to get awy for three days to watch Rovers in Europe.

Archived