BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Arsenal 2

cn174

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Arsenal have beaten Liverpool 3-1 and 6-3 in the space of four days. The lads have got be up for revenge after the 6-2 defeat, this could be the game of the season at Ewood. Like Jordan I felt confident we would beat Liverpool and I think we can beat Arsenal........it's going to be very tough.

My lad's taking his girlefriend to her first ever live match, so we have a lot riding on this and hopefully a new convert to the cause.

Im sorry but I can see our good run coming to an end. Our only hope is either we kick them off the park or they try and over play.

As at the emirates Bentley will need to have a good game.

P.s. Im not happy with the kick off time - bloody TV money who needs it!!!! :D

Keep Henry quite and we won't have a problem.

Keeping him quiet is obviously important, but players like van Persie and Fabregas usually do well against us too. I'm not fully updated on the injury situation for either side, will Zura and Nonda be fit? Is RvP out? After getting praised in the last match against them, it's time to change their view with a defensively solid and rough side - please don't make us watch defending like the last game against them again.

Keep Henry quite and we won't have a problem.

Also don't give him a freekick on the edge of the area. :angry:

Difficult to call - even though we trounced the Toffees we still gave them opportunities to score.

However, barring Anfield, in general they struggled on their travels so we have to feel confident.

There's one way to beat the Arse and that's giving them a good old fashioned kicking! On our day, we're as good as anyone in the Prem at doing that.

I predict lots of free kicks, lots of cards and 1 - 0 to the bully boys!

Nice review, Claire!

Simon :brfc:

Would have been an excellent chance for Gally had he not been injured.

Wow, didn't realise Bentley isn't available. A blow for us certainly.

I wonder if Hughes will go for?:

-----------Derbyshire---McCarthy

Pedersen---Savage----Tugay----Emerton

----Gray-----Todd-----Ooijer---Niell

--------------------Freidal

In fact the only other configuration I could imagine is with Pedersen on the right and Peter on the left, and of course Sparky could go for Nonda rather than Derbs up front.

I can't see us winning this one.

In fact the only other configuration I could imagine is with Pedersen on the right and Peter on the left, and of course Sparky could go for Nonda rather than Derbs up front.

Somwhow :D , I can't see Neill playing

I really hope he doesn't play Gray that player is a let down and should not play for us again

I've seen a dozen different attempts at spelling the name of the Swedish midfielder at Arsenal on forums in the last few days, and they're all very creative, and all of them very wrong ;) Never really seen what's so hard about names like Nelsen, Friedel or Ljungberg. I could understand Eric Rabesandratana being hard to spell, but those other names?

Anyway, I think we'll lose this 3-1. Can't see how we'll ever keep them from scoring.

I think we could do well in this. Arsenal's fancy surrender-monkeys are good in London on a big pitch against naive oppostion. But they don't like it oop north and a couple of early kicks and a packed defence could upset and unsettle them. They're a good team but are woefully inconsistent-this is exactly the type of game they should win but invariably lose.

2-1 Rovers.

Archived