SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 0 Arsenal 2

cn174

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

**TACTICS BOARD for Rovers v Arsenal**

We are on a good run. But....... we have to battle like hell in midfield and not let them play. If they get into the groove and play their suited fluent game, we are goosed.

Liverpool gave them far too much space in the centre.... that gives them time to look up and feed ball to wide players and strikers to run onto = Henry. rush them into passing = poorer the passing / distribution

Regards,

M. Hughes

Hughes stated in LET that Nonda is a injury concern atm, so I guess Derbyshire might get his 3rd consecutive start for Rovers.

The team:

Friedel

Ooijer  -  Zurab/  -  Todd©  -  McEveley/Gray

Emerton  - Savage - Tugay  - Gamst

Benni   -    Derbyshire

or

Friedel

Emerton  -  Ooijer  -  Todd©  -  McEveley/Gray

Mokoena

Savage  - Tugay  - Gamst

Benni   -   Derbyshire

c'mon Rovers, time for revenge! 6-0 to mighty Rovers!! :ph34r:

.................................................... :wstu:

With Bentley suspended looks like Gray will come back in possibly for his first start since the Arsenal hammering and Neill at right back with Emerton back in midfield.

Is it just me or has Emerton not looked like his early season self since returning from his recent injury?

**TACTICS BOARD for Rovers v Arsenal**

We are on a good run. But....... we have to battle like hell in midfield and not let them play. If they get into the groove and play their suited fluent game, we are goosed.

Liverpool gave them far too much space in the centre.... that gives them time to look up and feed ball to wide players and strikers to run onto = Henry. rush them into passing = poorer the passing / distribution

SuperStella's tactics truck....

Come on Rovers! we need a win to push for a champs league place!!!

(to the tune of 'amarillo')

Real Madrid, Milan and Porto

What better way to spend your giro?

We're gonna beat the dirty Arsenal...

As Marky Hughes makes his-tory!

I remember hearing that at Cardiff at lot before the Semi final.

We are on a great run at the moment, but Arsenal are also looking very strong. They have scored on less than 13 goals in their last three games. You would think there would be loads of goals in this game, I'm not so sure.

Rovers 1

Arsenal 1

Att: 24750

Memories, like the Colonel of mind...

FIRST SEASON IN PREM

Sheaer literally kills Jimmy `Peanut` Carter on the half way line in front of a bemused George Graham in the dug out, then proceeds to run at the famous Arsenal back line. with Carters entrails still dripping from his mouth with more death in his eyes, then pulls back his right foot and hammers the ball into a defenders ankle, which then lobs up into the warm evening Ewood air and flops down into the back of net, as Seaman, as is his wont, is left clawing at fresh air.

Big Al then stands in front of an already adoring and worshipping Blackburn End terrace with both arms in the air, savouring the adulation, clearly thinking..."Not bad this place!".

Couple of weeks later, Mike Newell completes a remarkable double for Rovers with a tap in at Highbury in front of a mostly Caucasian mural at the North Bank.

Memories, like the Colonel of mind...

ah the memories.... good stuff, ozzie. i've gone all nostalgic. think i'll watch 'kenny's blackburn magic' or the 92/93 season review, tonight.

tomorrow's game:

ROVERS 2-1 ARSENAL

BENNI, (PEN) RVP.

MGP.

Having watched the arse destroy liverpoo twice in a week with two totally different outfits I fear Rovers winning run is about to come to a halt at a very rainy windy and wintry Ewood Park.

My heart would love a Rovers win but really can we put out a team to stop their forward play ? Defensively they are suspect its the midfield and attack that worry me.

0-3 :(

Archived