BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] David Bentley

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 years later...

gotta feel sorry for him (in a way but not some others) second fiddle to someone who cant cross for beans, manages to get on in the final but misses a penalty, so glad when that game ended was so ruddy dire. Hope all the other potential rovers deserters have been taking note...

must admit I did say to my other half as he was running up it would be funny if he missed, oh well he made the bed he now sleeps in

• Backroom

I don't really begrudge Utd winning any competition this year, they're head and shoulders above every other team in this league both in terms of quality and squad depth. They won the Carling Cup with their reserve/youth team for the most part.

He will end up at a team like West Ham or Newcastle next season. I can see it. Why dont players realize sticking with Blackburn Rovers isnt the worst thing, and that if they all stick then we can actually move upwards.

They do usually until they get picked for England.

Yeah, those blokes in the Congo could really get to Samba. Don't even get me start on that lot in Georgia.

Sorry Eddie should've made myself clearer by saying 'England' call ups (not that you were being a smart ass of course)

Mind you , you can't hear yorself think for fans singing 'Samba for Congo' and 'Zurab for Georgia' at Ewood these days.

He will end up at a team like West Ham or Newcastle next season. I can see it. Why dont players realize sticking with Blackburn Rovers isnt the worst thing, and that if they all stick then we can actually move upwards.

Things must be bad if he has to drop in to the Championship...

I must be the only one, but I'd have him back in a flash.

I think a lot of us would have him back. doesn't stop us wanting him to muck up everything possible at spurs, fail miserably, enjoy the Schadenfreude that comes with his failure and have a good laugh at spurs pretensions and delusions of grandeur.

I find it weird that players (of lesser teams) get itchy feet AFTER they've been handed an England cap.

You'd better speak to the agents that gather in the England hotel foyer and bars like wasps around a jam pot. They provide the devisive element that needs curtailing.

I find it weird that players (of lesser teams) get itchy feet AFTER they've been handed an England cap.

Work it out. Players talk to each other and the "big club" mob would have told Bentley to get away from little old Blackburn Rovers. Hope the horrible git is feeling sick as a proverbial parrot today..

And no, I don't want him back.

He was in the England squad more at Rovers than at Spurs. Most players who leave us struggle to keep any sort of good form up but they all seem to do it to move to a 'bigger' club. Bentley went to Spurs for European football, but look at the table and they aren't a million miles away. I also maintain that with Bentley still at Rovers we may be a much better team this season had his head not been turned. Yet he left, Hughes realised the prized asset had gone, which was the last straw for him, so moved, and those two figures have left us somewhat out on a limb.

Bentley deserves everything he's getting at Spurs. I hope he's enjoying watching Spurs lose from the sidelines. What I will say is that Foster had the prayers of all Rovers fans, Man Utd fans and even our neighbour Burnley's fans with him protecting his goal when Bentley stood up to take that penalty, though!

Archived