BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Birmingham City In Big Club Shocker

Ricky

Blues fan Neil Woodward, a plasterer from Castle Bromwich, said: "I wish we could swap honours with Villa! But seriously, this is obviously a printing error." - No sh1t Sherlock - Thick brummie bar steward.

Couldn't happen to a bigger club!

did anyone see simon jordan the other night on a telly programme were they were giving money away....this lad from brum land wanted some money to do a jcb course and jordan said "i will give you money if when you passed the course you go and dig brums pitch up with the jcb"...quality

Speaks for itself:

Moans Birmingham chairman David Sullivan:

"We've done all sorts of deals on tickets and it's not as if we are struggling for results. I've accepted that our gates are going to be like this until the end of the season.

"I've given up encouraging people to come, I have accepted that they are not going to come. If and when we get into the Premiership again, maybe the fans are then likely to come back.

"Can we really consider ourselves a 'big' club when Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday get bigger gates?"

Aren't Birmingham the only city club never to have won anything? I seem to remember hearing that.

(Whereas we are the most successfuly 'town' club ever :tu: )

I don't think either of the bristol sides have ever won anything (closest they have come is City losing in a FA cup final and coming second in 1907's Division One. Managed to win the Welsh cup despite not actually being Wales). In fact Bristol has to be the worst footballing major city in Britain by quite a considerable distance. Their record is absolutely pathetic despite having two teams. Good at egg chasing though.

"Can we really consider ourselves a 'big' club when Derby County and Sheffield Wednesday get bigger gates?"

Blasphemy, Mr. Sulllivan! You are the biggest club of all!

Oh, how I love anything that has to do with bashing Brum. Fantastic thread, Ricky, well done.

The Big Club has had to call off their game against Leeds tomorrow as their recently relaid pitch isn't up to scratch!

Points deduction please :)

Saw that on the local news last night, as they were re-laying the new grass. Said they'd be cutting it close, as it were, for the game to go ahead at all.

A points deduction would be nice :D

I was talking about this to two Villa fans at lunch today and apparently Birmingham took out an advert in the Birmingham paper (not sure what it is called) to tell fans that they did not actually win the cup and sorry for any confusion.

I can't find the link anywhere but they are bringing it in to work for me on Monday - if no one can find the link ill scan it in.

• 1 month later...

Birmingham really seem desperate to keep up the big club image, well David Sullivan does at least. I love this part:

"We have very few high earners. That means we've the capacity to sign four or five players on huge wages - and maybe for huge transfer fees."

I hope every agent and club in the country remember that come this summer. :lol:

Archived