BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Boycott Bolton

When I started reading this thread I thought £39 i'm not going however a quick read of the notlob official site and you will see the prices are as follows:

Upper Tier:

Adult £32

Student/Senior Citizen £22

Kids £16

Lower Tier:

Adult £28

Student/Senior Citizen £18

Kids £12

Seems fair enough to me!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heard that City had only a few fans there today, not even 1,000 is that true?

Two friends of mine, neither of whom go to football but take a passing interest, have commented on the City support at Bolton.

You can't really have it both ways.

I feel most people would be looking for Bolton to respond to Rovers £15 offer at our place. This what folk will see as unfair.

Guest Kamy100

Talking about this with a Bolton fan, basically he said that the club never do that, it was discussed at the AGM last year but was decided that they wouldn't go down this route, I said why, surely having a fuller ground would ultimately help the team, but he said it wouldn't happen because season ticket holders would be up in arms, he said "why should we subsidise fans who don't buy ST". To me it says everything about Bolton fans, very much self-obsessed. I know some Rovers season ticket holders complain, but the vast majority prefer to have more people at the ground, and this season the club has managed to reward Season Ticket holders with free games.

The point of this post Uddersfelt mate :

1. I contacted their ticket office & asked about the likely price (After I read the article in the BEN), seeing as they have all these initiatives, they re iterated that these were for Bolton STH's ONLY, and that there were no PLANS to reduce tickets for this game at all.

2. £39 is what we had to pay last year, they sell the upper tier first and lower tier after that, we didn't take 1/2 as many last year as the year before, and the home turn out was not good either.

3. Unless you kick a stink about it well in advance they won't do anything will they?

2 months seems advanced planning to me, seeing as how Bolton have clearly indicated that they will not return the £15 offer to us (They did so at the time and have since re iterated it.)

On the other posts re: press, I agree, I'll e mail the BEN & The BBC and flag it and see if we can provoke a response from the greedy gets at the breezeblock.

seeing as how Bolton have clearly indicated that they will not return the £15 offer to us (They did so at the time and have since re iterated it.)

Don't seem to recall them saying would return the offer :unsure:

What I do remember is it was reported they would look at the situation but then said they would not be replicating it for the return game.

Now its on TV I don't even expect them to reduce prices regardless.

The annoying aspect yet just typical of all this however is - Citeh don't turn up and its a Boycott - Rovers do it (which they have been doing for a while :P ) and its poor support.

Don't seem to recall them saying would return the offer :unsure:

What I do remember is it was reported they would look at the situation but then said they would not be replicating it for the return game.

Now its on TV I don't even expect them to reduce prices regardless.

The annoying aspect yet just typical of all this however is - Citeh don't turn up and its a Boycott - Rovers do it (which they have been doing for a while :P ) and its poor support.

CAPT, read my post again:

Bolton have clearly indicated that they will not return the £15 offer to us (They did so at the time and have since re iterated it.)

i.e. I clearly said they WILL NOT return the offer.

CAPT, read my post again:

Bolton have clearly indicated that they will not return the £15 offer to us (They did so at the time and have since re iterated it.)

i.e. I clearly said they WILL NOT return the offer.

Yes which is what they also said after the agme at Ewood

which is why I posted 'Don't seem to recall them saying would return the offer '

I have not read anywhere that Notlob said they would replicate the offer - which you so clearly seem to be saying. This is what mystifies me and why people seem to think they would be doing it, because as mentioned I can't recall Bolton ever saying they would.

I have not read anywhere that Notlob said they would replicate the offer - which you so clearly seem to be saying. This is what mystifies me and why people seem to think they would be doing it, because as mentioned I can't recall Bolton ever saying they would.

Perhaps most people see it as case of 'I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine'

Sadly, rather than scratching, it appears to most folks, Notlob are sticking the 'knife in'

Talking about this with a Bolton fan, basically he said that the club never do that, it was discussed at the AGM last year but was decided that they wouldn't go down this route, I said why, surely having a fuller ground would ultimately help the team, but he said it wouldn't happen because season ticket holders would be up in arms, he said "why should we subsidise fans who don't buy ST". To me it says everything about Bolton fans, very much self-obsessed. I know some Rovers season ticket holders complain, but the vast majority prefer to have more people at the ground, and this season the club has managed to reward Season Ticket holders with free games.

They do have to be very careful as cheap tickets do seem to devalue the perceived worth of a ticket. If Bolton charge £15 then where do they go from there? £15 every time we play? Other than us and Bolton not many others will be following suit.

There is no reason for Bolton to match the offer we had on. We did it in our own interests as the gates were plummeting, we certainly didn't do it to be nice to the Bolton fans. If the tickets are reasonable we can't complain too much. They have their own interests to look after. £39 - well over twice what we charged them at Ewood - would not be reasonable.

I think he is saying that Bolton never said they would return the favour (which they said at the time, and have repeated subsequently).

I think you are saying the same thing. :huh:

When I started reading this thread I thought £39 i'm not going however a quick read of the notlob official site and you will see the prices are as follows:

Upper Tier:

Adult £32

Student/Senior Citizen £22

Kids £16

Lower Tier:

Adult £28

Student/Senior Citizen £18

Kids £12

Seems fair enough to me!

but they sell upper tier first.

They do have to be very careful as cheap tickets do seem to devalue the perceived worth of a ticket.

Something TND has been ranting on about with our own tickets.

I agree with the notlob fans on the cheaper tickets to bring a friend etc though - what real benefit /incentive is that for a S/T holder. The benefit should be for the S/T holder fullstop.

Reading some of the replies looks like the notlob fans side to the lowering of tickets than the rigid price schedule their club adopts.

As I have said before - all clubs need to be careful - losing people is easy, getting them back is the difficult part which is part and parcel of where Rovers problems lie.

Quite a lively debate developing on the Bolton Evening News site, with plenty of views from City fans and I've added a little something.

Still having some fun with Bolton fans. This is one I've copied from the site. Clearly he needs to get down to Ewood.

AS a season ticket holder at the reebok, I have now decided that this is going to be my last season there. £400 a season is a lot of money to pay to watch what can only be described as sunday league rubbish. Im sick to death now of turning up on a match day and having to endure long balls, head tennis and scraping for every ball. Your right points are the mosst important thing to gain in order to push for europe etc etc, but surely with the players on show every match there has got to be someone who can play some decent football. Its no wonder the media slate Bolton Wanderers with performances that we give, why is it that we never seem to be able to gain control of a game and win convinsingly by playing some decent football? Does sam say " well lads just get the ball in midfield and hit it as far as you can and give it straight back to the opposition"? because I for one would love to know.Saturday was another poor and extremly boring performance by the super whites and I'd be gutted if I was a city fan who had paid to go and watch that rubbish.

That's a great link. I suppose it's both positive and negative to see the same views, of every shade, expressed by Bolton and City fans as Rovers support has been saying for sometime. Very pleasing to see the recognition for Rovers efforts to address the problem and the positive commenst on our pricing incentives.

The big questioin of course is how to A) retain the existing support and B) encourage the lapsed fan to return. Once a customer/fan is lost or has found something else to do it becomes very tough to achieve B.

The big questioin of course is how to A) retain the existing support and B) encourage the lapsed fan to return. Once a customer/fan is lost or has found something else to do it becomes very tough to achieve B.

Exactly the point I have been commenting on about for the past 2 seasons Paul (and above)

Problem is - no club appears to be picking up on that matter - which I still feel is the major problem.

The big questioin of course is how to A) retain the existing support and B) encourage the lapsed fan to return.

Bloody easy peasy. Thats not a big question! I'm suprised that you need help on this Paul. Simply win every match, get to the top of the table win the Prem and the part time whingers will miraculously find £20 quid to spend every fortnight or so, (crap quality or not) replica shirt sales will go through the roof and the town will once again be filled with happy and smiling hard core / true blue / never missed a match since..... / die hard / Rovers till I die / been ever since me Dad bought a map to Ewood and took me in 95 to the Trophy parade ...... 'fans' <_< .

I don't think anyone is saying it WAS fair to charge 'pool fans £36, Rev. No-one's trying to have it both ways.

couldnt agree more i remmer kicking off at the turnstyles at hull for having the cheek to charge £4.50 ...

I seem to get the impression that Bolton think they are above charging £15 for some games and think thats what small clubs do

There is zero chance they will reduce prices now they are such a big club :rolleyes:

exactly listen to bolton fans and the genuinly think they are part of the big 5

That's a great link. I suppose it's both positive and negative to see the same views, of every shade, expressed by Bolton and City fans as Rovers support has been saying for sometime. Very pleasing to see the recognition for Rovers efforts to address the problem and the positive commenst on our pricing incentives.

i was in my old chippy in brinsky last week and was talking to someone i know who is a liverpool fan (armchair )and i noticed his lad with a rovers hat on and i said you seeing sense or what .we got chatting and he told me about how he was going to take him against arse and when he saw it was top wack he wasnt taking him ,but he is against sheff utd.Dont care what some of the people think on here cost is a hell of a lot to do with it.

for eg this saturday..people say oh but you wont pay 27 but you will go to the pub and spend more...its 8 quid on telly or free streamed ,4 mate round 2 quid each ...12 bottles of stella 9 quid at asda,middle of januarynot been paid since middle of dec and a holiday to pay for...sums .

Archived