• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some good replies on the Bolton link, undercurrent of:

Not renewing

No Atmosphere

Rubbish long ball football

Greedy out of touch board

Good to see out club getting recognition for their efforts.

What are the chances of Bolton learning the lesson?

Had a look at their next few home games:

Charlton (100 away fans)

Fulham (8 Away fans)

(They are in the shi8, 22,000 for City is going to look full in comparison.)

Then us !

for eg this saturday..people say oh but you wont pay 27 but you will go to the pub and spend more...its 8 quid on telly or free streamed ,4 mate round 2 quid each ...12 bottles of stella 9 quid at asda,middle of januarynot been paid since middle of dec and a holiday to pay for...sums .

Exactly the reason I'm not going city on sat, think its £27 for a ticket when me and my mate can pay £4 each get a few beers and will be alot cheaper.

I dont get paid for 2 weeks so going to away games this month is a no no

Now will somebody help me please.........Whats that old adage about 'knowing the price of everything and the value of nothing'? :huh::rolleyes:

Bloody easy peasy. Thats not a big question! I'm suprised that you need help on this Paul. Simply win every match, get to the top of the table win the Prem and the part time whingers will miraculously find £20 quid to spend every fortnight or so, (crap quality or not) replica shirt sales will go through the roof and the town will once again be filled with happy and smiling hard core / true blue / never missed a match since..... / die hard / Rovers till I die / been ever since me Dad bought a map to Ewood and took me in 95 to the Trophy parade ...... 'fans' <_< .

:huh: ......are they the same fans who keep calling for Lancashire United to be formed? ;)

They do have to be very careful as cheap tickets do seem to devalue the perceived worth of a ticket.

A ticket's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it . Right now I'm watching the Newcastle / Brum match - lots of empty seats in the town with the most loyal fans in the world !!

People are sick to death with getting ripped off ; it's just that with our fan base we're affected the most - and first .

Paul mentioned earlier that it's a case of keeping the present fans and getting the lasped ones to return . I'd suggest the only way to do this is by drastically reducing prices below the £20 level for all games other than those we know we can sell out the ground for . I say this in the full knowledge of the hit this will have on us financially at least in the short andf medium terms . The alternative is an ever decreasing fan base which will crucify us anyway . Bolton are simply going down the "maximising the revenue" route . It won't work . One bad season or the loss of Allardyce will lose them thousands of fans - maybe permanently . Other clubs will realise this eventually ; hopefully Sky will as well (pity the new money deal wasn't ringfenced with price cuts )

Rovers have to go down the route of trying to get new fans in - kids with a parent in tow ; that's where the recruiting drive has to be concentrated on . I believe these fans can be kept in the long run (10 years hence) if the full adult ticket is kept to a realistic level .

Failing that it's time for Lancs Utd ;)

Stu, they don't have students in Bolton, it will still be £39 (The ripping off gets)

Dunny adds entertainment value, but I'm still not going until they reduce our prices, Bolton are so petulant that they won't do it now we have Dunny back.

Boycott Them.

Stu, they don't have students in Bolton, it will still be £39 (The ripping off gets)

Dunny adds entertainment value, but I'm still not going until they reduce our prices, Bolton are so petulant that they won't do it now we have Dunny back.

Boycott Them.

They advertise a student matchday price in all home areas. They best offer it to us....

A ticket's only worth what people are prepared to pay for it . Right now I'm watching the Newcastle / Brum match - lots of empty seats in the town with the most loyal fans in the world !!

People are sick to death with getting ripped off ; it's just that with our fan base we're affected the most - and first .

Paul mentioned earlier that it's a case of keeping the present fans and getting the lasped ones to return . I'd suggest the only way to do this is by drastically reducing prices below the £20 level for all games other than those we know we can sell out the ground for . I say this in the full knowledge of the hit this will have on us financially at least in the short andf medium terms . The alternative is an ever decreasing fan base which will crucify us anyway . Bolton are simply going down the "maximising the revenue" route . It won't work . One bad season or the loss of Allardyce will lose them thousands of fans - maybe permanently . Other clubs will realise this eventually ; hopefully Sky will as well (pity the new money deal wasn't ringfenced with price cuts )

Rovers have to go down the route of trying to get new fans in - kids with a parent in tow ; that's where the recruiting drive has to be concentrated on . I believe these fans can be kept in the long run (10 years hence) if the full adult ticket is kept to a realistic level .

Failing that it's time for Lancs Utd ;)

At last BP somebody on the same wavelength as me and PAUL and in some ways Rev

And me... :P

Aye - however think thay have and are still trying on this

Oh no don't start TND off again

It appears I am a student again. I forgot about my Masters.

What price a student ticket in the away end?

I think the student price is around £19-22 from what i remember. Last time i went the season before last at Christmas, i had a student ticket and hopeing to get one again this time.

• 1 month later...

Okay, remember this?

The ticket price for the game from the official site tonight (Below) No sign of £15, me and the lads I go with aren't going, teach the greedy bas*ards a lesson, Boycott W*nky Wanderers !!!

East/West Upper

Adult £32.00

Senior Citizen £22.00

Junior £16.00

East/West Lower

Adult £28.00

Senior Citizen £20.00

Junior £12.00

North Upper

Adult £28.00

Senior Citizen £20.00

Junior £12.00

North/South Lower

Adult £24.00

Senior Citizen £18.00

Junior £12.00

Family Tickets

1 adult 1 child £32.00

2 adults 2 children £64.00

I live in Spain, approx 5 hours drive away from Madrid. I can fly up to Madrid for approx £20 each way and it takes less than an hour. I have just been on the Madrid site comparing prices, there are only 2 price structures, members and non members. Prices range from 25-115 euros (approx £17-90) dependant upon where you are sitting. If your are in the 4th tier! then you pay less than a grandstand view. The thing is you can go and watch Real Madrid for £17. Don't matter if it's Barcelona it's still £17 for the cheapest ticket (if you can get one :rolleyes::rolleyes: ) This is a team that sell out every home match and most people over here that want to watch them go to the away matches as the Spanish are notorious for not travelling to away matches. My local big team (Murcia) was in the Spanish 1st division last year and I went to watch them against Real Madrid and Barcelona. Murcia's ground is about 3/4 hour drive away and it cost me 20euros (£15) to watch 2 of the best teams (in my opinion) in Europe.

Says it all about the ticket prices in England. My local team (Torrevieja) play in the equivilent of the Conference and it costs me and my son the sum of £10 to watch them on a Sunday evening.

The powers that be in UK really need to look at the prices that they are charging their loyal fans as (as far as I am concerned) they will lose fans as they cannot (or will not) pay the prices that they are asking.

Hey Spanish, very interesting, so it costs more to see Bungtown Wanderers than it does for Real Madrid !

You are entirely correct, can't see anyone doing anything about it until the fans have their say by staying away, the away support is ebbing away at the vast majority of grounds in my view, look at the away support at our ground this year for a start.

The pricing at the money grabbing clubs is a disgrace.

Archived