BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Manchester City 0 Rovers 3

colin

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tugay has been brilliant, I don't think he lost the ball once. He always gives 100%, regardless of the circumstances, but I think it's rather clear he much prefers conditions like today rather than the soaked pitches we've seen over the past month.

Tugay has been brilliant, I don't think he lost the ball once. He always gives 100%, regardless of the circumstances, but I think it's rather clear he much prefers conditions like today rather than the soaked pitches we've seen over the past month.

It also helps him a lot that City doesn't start defending before their own third. This gives him more time and space in the middle third. As our attacking four (Gamst, Bentley, Nonda and McCarthy) is quite slow, the time and space are vital for him to be as effective as today.

When is this contract extension happening for Toogs. He's having the time of his life at the moment.

"Bad news from the City of Manchester Stadium, Andre Ooijer has a suspected broken ankle and he has gone to hospital for x-rays."

50 min: Beasley gets badly flattened by a late tackle from Henchoz, who is rightfully shown a yellow card.

51 min: Well that was a nice 'welcome to England' for the American international, who has joined City on loan from PSV Eindhoven. He should be okay to continue though.

That's 3 of our four defenders booked now with McEveley and Emerton joining Henchoz on yellows.

"61 min: Dunne goes in the book for taking out Pedersen as the winger tries to get past him. Things are getting a bit heated now and Savage has that grin on his face." - oh dear...

Archived