BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turf Moor Is Falling Down........

Gav

£10m is not quite enough to lift the dingles into Prem contention (unless Cotteril is as brilliant an operator as Hughes is in finding gems) but should keep them out of relegation bother.

Mandaric's money seems to be being spent well at Leicester by Martin Allen and with the Chairman's experience of getting Pompey promoted, I'd make Leicester favourites to go up with Charlton if they use the Bent money well. Southampton, West Brom and Sheff U are all formidable obstacles to dingle dreams whilst Watford's parachute is pretty big.

I fancy Scunthorpe, Bristol City and Blackpool all to do well so there are vacancies at the bottom which could be dingle-shaped if this simply turns into a cruel rumour.

The parachute payments not required by Brum and Sunderland are still going to be paid to the Championship but for youth development spread across the clubs.

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Speaking to a dingle yesterday (i feel dirty) he said the £10m is only rally about £5m, because the running costs of the club last year was about £5m....& any new investment would have to include the bigger wages of any new 'higher profile' players. He feels attendances on the turd will probably drop slightly rather than increase & said he expects the average to be between 10,000 & 12,000. Only a dramatic change in team fortunes & genuine promotion challenge will stir the public into getting off their botties & going on the turd in any great numbers. He also said he cannot forsee that.

• 3 weeks later...

I See on the gossip page today it has Peter Reid heading a consortium to take over Burnley :blink:

How did it go monkey's heeeeaaaad..........banana's with their feet, oh i don't know, there must be a joke somewhere :rolleyes:

The Newcastle fans used to sing the following to the tune of Yellow Submarine:

Peter Reid's got a f__king monkeys heid

A f__king monkeys heid

A f__king monkeys heid

There were probably verses as well, but I don't remember them.

Fingers crossed he'll decide to be manager as well.

The Dingles are about to be bought by a Manchester based property tycoon who has serious amounts of money. He has had a guy in running the club (except the football side) for several weeks now and he looks set to make a move and buy out the other shareholders. He is a fan of the club and has followed them for years.

Not to be alarmist, but his property company is worth several billion pounds and he personally is far wealthier than Uncle Jack ever was. With the right commercial team and a decent manager, things could happen up the road.

We may even get to play them again, if we're not careful.

Looks like the dingles are starting to splash the cash. They have already signed Kiraly, the keeper from Palace.

That said, getting out of the second level is going to be a big ask. Leicester have been buying very well with Mandaric's money whilst Charlton will be very useful. Even getting to the play-offs will be crowded with the two Sheffields, Wolves, West Brom, Norwich and Watford likely to be contenders.

This is going to sound awful but part of me would like to see them come up so we could play them and send the Dingles down.

I at least hope we get to knock them out of one of the cups this season. :brfc:

Mind you then we couldn't sing No Nay Never... :(

Actually we could when they went back down again... :P

The Dingles are about to be bought by a Manchester based property tycoon who has serious amounts of money. He has had a guy in running the club (except the football side) for several weeks now and he looks set to make a move and buy out the other shareholders. He is a fan of the club and has followed them for years.

Not to be alarmist, but his property company is worth several billion pounds and he personally is far wealthier than Uncle Jack ever was. With the right commercial team and a decent manager, things could happen up the road.

We may even get to play them again, if we're not careful.

Then how would they goad us? All these years "if it wasn't for Jack Walker...."Bought the title" and on and on. I am sure suddenly having a benefactor will become a great thing rather than the ruining the game stance the dingles have had all these years.

Looks like the dingles are starting to splash the cash. They have already signed Kiraly, the keeper from Palace.

That said, getting out of the second level is going to be a big ask. Leicester have been buying very well with Mandaric's money whilst Charlton will be very useful. Even getting to the play-offs will be crowded with the two Sheffields, Wolves, West Brom, Norwich and Watford likely to be contenders.

I thought the Saints had already signed Saganowski, what are the Dingles doing buying promotion?

Major redevelopment work at Turf moor to be announced on Monday,looks like this Flood fella is backing them on and off the pitch.

Priority here seems to be improving the facilities for their fans and not being worried about filling the ruddy thing,please take note Rovers with our awful matchbox Riverside 'Fraser eagle stand'

If flurking Burnley can find the financial means to finish their ground off then I'm damn sure we can too,after all we've spent sweet FA on players! <_<

Major redevelopment work at Turf moor to be announced on Monday,looks like this Flood fella is backing them on and off the pitch.

Priority here seems to be improving the facilities for their fans and not being worried about filling the ruddy thing,please take note Rovers with our awful matchbox Riverside 'Fraser eagle stand'

If flurking Burnley can find the financial means to finish their ground off then I'm damn sure we can too,after all we've spent sweet FA on players! <_<

They are converting 15,000 square feet of corporate space in the Jimmy Mcllroy Stand has been empty since it was built in 1996, into an enterprise centre, with a £1million pound grant.

Nuke them

Yes ok, but let them get the design up and running first. First home game after the grand opening of the new ground would be good. See off max number of Dingles in one go! :lol:

Must say that design is very impressive! I love the replica "twin towers" of the old Wembley; that is class! :)

Archived