BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turf Moor Is Falling Down........

Gav

Is nobody going to enlighten me? :unsure:

Are you being serious? Do you not remember our run to the FA cup semis a couple of seasons ago involved the minor inconvenience of seeing-off our 'nearest and dearest' after a 5th round replay? :unsure:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Are you being serious? Do you not remember our run to the FA cup semis a couple of seasons ago involved the minor inconvenience of seeing-off our 'nearest and dearest' after a 5th round replay? :unsure:

Of course I remember that one; I was sitting in the CIS watching it! But from the tone of the previous posts I had got the impression that people were referring to some encounter from further back, and I knew it was not the time before the cup replay, which was in the promotion season when we beat them 5-0 and I was there for that as well. Hence the confusion; if people would just include subjects and or objects in their sentences then it would be immediately clear.

Am I the only Rovers fan that does not get any pleasure out of the present situation the Dingles find themselves in?

I hate to see any club going through a spell like Burnley are at the moment; I can remember when Rovers went through the same (well not quite as bad) sort of situation as we headed for the old 3rd Div many moons ago. Besides they are our neighbours (and friends?) and I really wanted them to get promoted this year so we can renew our age old rivalry in the RIGHT WAY on the pitch. There is absolutely nothing else in football that can compare with a Rovers v Burnley or Burnley v Rovers game. Especially at Christmas!

Seriously, I mean every word of it! :)

Am I the only Rovers fan that does not get any pleasure out of the present situation the Dingles find themselves in?

I hate to see any club going through a spell like Burnley are at the moment; I can remember when Rovers went through the same (well not quite as bad) sort of situation as we headed for the old 3rd Div many moons ago. Besides they are our neighbours (and friends?) and I really wanted them to get promoted this year so we can renew our age old rivalry in the RIGHT WAY on the pitch. There is absolutely nothing else in football that can compare with a Rovers v Burnley or Burnley v Rovers game. Especially at Christmas!

Well I don't care about em. If a future 'Team Lancashire' is to be avoided and BRFC be successful in the long term the only option is for our close rivals to steadily fall by the wayside.

Dunno if anyone noticed in the telegraph last night (or if it's been mentioned elsewhere on the board) but there were selections of the online debate printed. Under the Burnley section regarding their dismal run there was one particular quote that caught my eye - "We are going down!" by S.Cumley no less!!

Was it tongue in cheek from the sports editor or did it really slip through the net?

0-1 Leicester.......

1 win in 18 for the Clarrots!

PLEASE STAY STEVE LAD.

:lol:

my bumley supporting mates have had enough. the team he has now is his own creation and they've grown tired of his excuses and the dire football.

over the past few weeks, I've heard a couple of SC's interviews on radio lancashire. they've had me in stitches.

the guy is so negative and defeatist.

he never answers a question, deliberately goes off at tangents and always turn the question back on the interviewer.

the other night, he just walked off, without saying a word, and left the interviewer hanging.

the board wont fire him, cos they cant afford any compensation, but he may walk out

*AT THE START OF THE SEASON, I STUCK #50.00 ON THEM BEING RELEGATED!

keep up the good work, steve (PRAYING).

Well I don't care about em. If a future 'Team Lancashire' is to be avoided and BRFC be successful in the long term the only option is for our close rivals to steadily fall by the wayside.

Theno: As you well know Bolton, Burnley and PNE have all had spells in the basement division of various lengths. None of this however made an iota of difference to the Rovers fortunes. Having them all with us in the same division does at least guarantee (or rather it did) a large gate when we played each one of them.

Theno: As you well know Bolton, Burnley and PNE have all had spells in the basement division of various lengths. None of this however made an iota of difference to the Rovers fortunes.

Thats cos when they were in the 4th we were in the 3rd and with a dump of a ground! Every other kid all over Lancs were looking for heroes and had either a Lpool or a MU bag / shirt etc.

No, I think jim feels the same way. Buggar where does that put you. :D

Personally, I'm loving every minute of it, I could give a toss, I hope they don't win another match this season. I find amusing how early in the year the hill trolls were taking the mick out of Sunderland, how superior Burnley were, heh heh egg on the face again. Load up your buckets and spades dingles it's off t' seaside for your local derby. Unless Blackpool happen to come up, in which case they are left with no rivals, shame init.

yuo have gotta pity em

more classic dingleish

after the run they are on and there gates hahah they still take the pish out of us hahaah and compare last night to trelleborgs and that they will again rein supreme over us...fife have a read.

Yes just had a read Abbs. Great stuff EH? They are all so busy slagging each other off that they can't muster a decent put-down for us between the lot of 'em!! :lol:

Oh and I loved that one were some Dingle was trying to get the rest of them calmed down by warning them not to wind us up too much because they have not won in 14 matches! :lol:

Don't worry, the clarrots have bounced back in style with a stylish 0-0 at layer road. All the talk now is of having turned the corner, poor hill trolls. They are all excited about a goaless affair at Colchester, this after trash talking us after a similar scoreline at Emirates. The words reality and Dingle can not reside in the same sentence

It all just makes you wonder what goes on in the head of your average Clarrot,can you imagine what would happen if by some fluke they did ever again manage to beat Rovers?..........mass hysteria followed by total Police lock down of the town and curfew!! :blink:

Being bitter doesn't really come close as an explanation does it!

0-1 Leicester.......

1 win in 18 for the Clarrots!

PLEASE STAY STEVE LAD.

hahahahahhahahaaaaaaaa.

heheheheheheheheheeeeeeeeeee.

hohohohoohohohoohooooooooooo!

don't usually bother myself with Burnley, so I wasn't aware of this. But very amusing.

Weren't they in the top 3 early in the season?

Archived