BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Turf Moor Is Falling Down........

Gav

Taken from ClaretsMad with regard to BRFC season ticket prices.

On whether this will affect Burnleys gates:-

I think it will have an effect. Like it or not their are many floaters who simply like going to football matches. If they can watch Premiership games for cheaper than the Championship, what do you think they are going to do?
I remember years ago some character coming on TV talking about the effect of live TV on gates (falling gates leading to rising prices, leading to falling gates etc.) and he stated that within a short space of time the less successful teams would one day have to give tickets away to create some atmosphere for the cameras. We're not there yet but..........

And my favourite:-

This is a serious issue. On the face of it it appears good for supporters. However there is a possible trading standards issue here.Some clubs(companies) are being subsidised to the detriment of other companies, thus allowing them to sell the product for less. Championship clubs are being put at a severe trading disadvantage

:lol:

• Replies 316
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Without doubt Rovers will now sweep up the floating fan in East Lancashire(and maybe even Preston if they dont go up!).......the Clarrots and others should be afraid,VERY afraid!!!

Rovers have done what they needed to do to protect their future,other local clubs should not come crying to us...... you missed the boat,tough, its survival of the fittest.

"This is a serious issue. On the face of it it appears good for supporters. However there is a possible trading standards issue here.Some clubs(companies) are being subsidised to the detriment of other companies, thus allowing them to sell the product for less. Championship clubs are being put at a severe trading disadvantage"

vhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Rovers have done what they needed to do to protect their future,other local clubs should not come crying to us...... you missed the boat,tough, its survival of the fittest.

I'm not sure I agree with that sentiment. If that were the case then we would all eventually hoovered up by Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal. As it is I would say that this trend needs to be reversed somewhat and money distributed more fairly across the leagues. Everything is becoming so uncompetitive.

Great for the fans that ticket prices are coming down, but the teams coming up from the Championship are just going to get crushed by those already in the Prem.

I know we're not the ideal candidates to be analysing other clubs' attendances, but I see there was just over 10,000 on Turd Moor again today. How drab and depressing must being a Bstards fan be these days? Actually come to think of it, when wasn't it?

I'm getting a little worried that is two draws in a row the clarrots on on a real run of form now and they scored a goal to boot. I am worried about the hill trolls containing their excitement. I hope like hell they do go down but they'll scab out of it. Lucky for them there are three or four team equally as or even more inept than they are. I wish they would just disappear.

On a sour note it is really saddening to me to see Stanley's struggles they look like they are in real trouble. I really hope it's not one and done on their return to the big leagues. Up t' Reds.

I know we're not the ideal candidates to be analysing other clubs' attendances, but I see there was just over 10,000 on Turd Moor again today. How drab and depressing must being a Bstards fan be these days? Actually come to think of it, when wasn't it?

Well actually (though it pains me to say it) 1960 must have been a vintage year to be a claret. Not only did the Dingles fans see their team presented with the English League Championship trophy, but they also saw on their telly's (those that had one) the spectacle of Rovers playing and losing in the FA Cup Final at Wembley.

I'm getting a little worried that is two draws in a row the clarrots on on a real run of form now and they scored a goal to boot. I am worried about the hill trolls containing their excitement. I hope like hell they do go down but they'll scab out of it.

Thing is though is that the best thing that can happen? They'll probably win more games in Division 1, get all excited, get more people coming back to watch them, claim that they have a team that will be able to rival ours and be in the Premier League in two years, you know, that sort of thing.

Wouldn't it be better for them to finish 19th in The Championship for eternity? Consistently rubbish, never winning, no decent players, no crowds, nothing to look forward to?

Nah. Get 'em relegated.

According to an 'in-the-know' Clarrot you may be surprised to know that their home crowds have dropped well below the 10,000 mark this season on quite a few occasions....... a bit of playing with figures has made them look better than they really are!

Well Hull, QPR and Barnsley are all at home today, with Luton away at Leeds Utd;

Barnsley vs Sunderland

Hull vs Preston

QPR vs Sheff Wed

Leeds vs Luton

I'm predicting a 2-1 win for Sunderland at Oakwell, a 0-0 draw at Hull with Preston, a QPR home win and a draw between Leeds and Luton.

By my reckoning, the table will then look like this;

Dingles 41

Barnsley 38

QPR 38

Luton 37

Hull 36

Southend 32

Leeds 32

THE GAP IS CLOSING DINGLES. BE AFRAID, BE VERY AFRAID.

Exactly . They all lauded Ridsdale at the time ...now it serves them all right . Good riddance to an ugly club with the worst fans in the land . Never forgave them for their treatment of Cloughie .

Everyone should read that book "The Damned United" by David Peace. It's a fact-based fictional novel about Cloughie's 44 days at Leeds throught the eyes of Big 'Ead. I believe it's being made into a film. Rollicking good read - I did it in two days.

Burnleys run in is a tough one, didn't realise how far they had dropped. If they get beat tonight they are in the mire. C'mon Southend make their season ticket offer even more of a joke !!!

ue, 13th A Southend (CCC)

19:45 -

Sat, 17th A Preston (CCC)

13:00 -

Sat, 31st H Luton (CCC)

15:00 -

April

Tue, 3rd H Plymouth (CCC)

19:45 -

Sat, 7th A Birmingham (CCC)

15:00 -

Mon, 9th H Cardiff (CCC)