BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lawrenson Admits He Is Biased Against Us

yoda

Manchester City have been playing really well since Christmas but you wonder whether the day-in, day-out speculation surrounding Micah Richards and Joey Barton will wear them down.

It goes against the grain to go for a Blackburn win but every time they get beaten by Arsenal they bounce back well with a good result.

what a turkey :lol:

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well he is a north ender. To be honest however I have never really noticed him to be that biased against us. Positively benign compared to the sky commentator on the Rovers Arsenal game.

Didn't someone say that if you added up all the points from his predicted results for us last season we would have been rock bottom of the prem?

Didn't someone say that if you added up all the points from his predicted results for us last season we would have been rock bottom of the prem?

Not bottom but we would have come substantially below 6th. He might have been mildly influenced by the rivalry from PNE, but I would say it was mostly influenced by the fact we had a very poor season the year before and he underestimated the talent of our players and our manager.

I reckon if you totalled up his predictions this season we would be above where we are now. Not by much mind, but above.

And while he has sometimes not given us full credit, who in the media has? Which clubs fans are satisfied with their clubs portrayal by the media? None I would say, it's an impossible problem.

Arsenal, Liverpool, Man U, Chelsea all see themselves as victims of the media's micheviousness as much as us. It's more paranoia than anything.

Not normally one to defend Lawro, but i think he has prob been misinterpreted (albeit that he did leave himself quite open to misinterpretation).

I read it more as - Normally, given their relatively similar league positions and Manchester Citys home advantage I would predict them to win, but in this case......

Who gives a shyte about Lawrenson (or any other football 'pundit' come to that)? He is just another has been footballer keepin the same hairstyle from the eighties, just so that people recognise him.

Just look at Gerry Francis's hair - that says ir all!! ;)

Who gives a shyte about Lawrenson (or any other football 'pundit' come to that)? He is just another has been footballer keepin the same hairstyle from the eighties, just so that people recognise him.

Least Gerry Francis attempted to be a manager

Not bottom but we would have come substantially below 6th. He might have been mildly influenced by the rivalry from PNE, but I would say it was mostly influenced by the fact we had a very poor season the year before and he underestimated the talent of our players and our manager.

I reckon if you totalled up his predictions this season we would be above where we are now. Not by much mind, but above.

He had us in 14th last year. If you compared reality to his predictions, he was 25 pts out with us (pretty bad, but 26 with West Ham though). I'm noting his predictions this year but haven't done the sums yet. In the meantime, I intend to get out more.

He had us in 14th last year. If you compared reality to his predictions, he was 25 pts out with us (pretty bad, but 26 with West Ham though). I'm noting his predictions this year but haven't done the sums yet. In the meantime, I intend to get out more.

His job retention is obviously not performance related :blink:

I hope you never see my hair style PP. It is the same one I had in the mid-1930's!! :lol:

I hope you never see my hair style PP. It is the same one I had in the mid-1930's!! :lol:

Hang in there Fife, its time will come again!

Like all pundits (or the score predictions) Lawro's just guessing, albeit with more experience of playing than any? of us. If anyone here wants to see _real_ football punditry, watch "The Premiership" on RTE 2. Eamonn Dunphy, Johnny Giles and Liam Brady aren't all luvvy duvvy like MoTD and call it as they see it. You mightn't agree, but at least there's substance. The game commentary is horrible, though!

Thse so called experts aren't any better than the average Joe at predicting results. As Dare said it's mainly educated guesses. TBH sometimes I wonder if pundits and sports writers actually know anything about football the garbage they come out with,

I was told that one of the reasons for Lawrenson being somewhat unfavourable in his attitude towards Blackburn is that he felt affronted when he didn't receive a reply from the Rovers board after he applied for the Blackburn manager's job around the time of the Don Mackay era.

Even after Rovers won the title in 1995, Lawrenson was still insisting that Preston are a bigger club than Blackburn!

Lawrenson had a bit of a tiff with Graeme Le Saux prior to last year's World Cup, when Lawro made it clear to his BBC bosses that he wanted to assume the role of main co-commentator alongside John Motson for the major England matches. It was a battle of the handbags that Lawro ultimately won when Le Saux spat his dummy out and quit the BBC in a fit of pique after being told that he wasn't going to be the main man for the World Cup.

Two grown men squabbling over control of the microphone like a pair of schoolboys squabbling over marbles.

"It was mine, I wanted it."

"Oooh you b!tch, I wanted to be alongside Motty."

"I was on the Beeb first, I'll scratch your eyes out if you don't let me commentate on Gerrard's legs."

Not entirely connected to the theme of this thread, but sadly Lawrenson has suffered from family tragedy in recent years. Lawro's sister dumped her newborn baby on sand dunes in Lytham St Annes and was convicted of infanticide and sentenced to three years probation for the offence. Several years later, Lawro's sister died of a brain tumour and he's currently trying to clear her name.

LINK HERE

How anyone can get upset about the preston hairdressers comments about our beloved BRFC ?

The man is a crap commentator

He is a non dresser in the style stakes

His hair do is a poncey wig

He knows naff all about BRFC and in particular football

and he only got a few medals at Liverpool due to Alan Hansen and Phil Thompson being alongside him.

The man is a complete arse :rolleyes:

Archived