BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ooijer Out For Season

Bobby G

Bit harsh on Henchoz i think, whilst he shouldnt be a first team regular i think in the few games he's played he's coped pretty well.

I dont think we need to sign a new defender because Andre is out as when Nelson gets back we'll be pretty well covered in that area.

We lost two defenders yesterday Mark.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Todd - or his agent, most probably - was sniffing out a possible move to Rangers, but that will be halted now as we need him for cover. Desperately sorry for Andre Ooijer, hope he recovers soon - the broken leg is bad enough but ligament damage makes it even worse, somone in the Man City thread mentioned Dean Ashton's injury as an example.

Those are good pictures Ozzie - although good is probably the wrong word - it shows why his fellow professionals appreciate Robbie Savage, showing genuine emotion at a team-mate's injury while the others stand around. That's why he's twice the captain Lucas Neill ever was, after only one game with the armband.

We lost two defenders yesterday Mark.

Sorry i'll rephrase that, i dont think we need a new central defender. With Zurab, Todd, Henchoz & Nelson to be returning in the next few weeks i think we'll be ok there, although this Samba guy seems to be promising.

A full back is a must though.

Archived