BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Players We Should Have Signed, But Never Did....

Gav

I seem to remember we tried to Hijack Ronaldo's transfer from PSV to Barcelona when Shearer walked out days before the start of the season.

I remember the Mark Grew saga, he was terrific for us but we never signed him for some reason.

going back to dave lee ive just been informed by my brother

that him and dave was invited to a rovers game and was due

to sign for us,but on overhearing our beloved jack walker saying

hed never make it as a footballer decided against it.

Those who think we got lucky with Sven should check out his club stats, a bad patch with England shouldn't overshadow those completely. Add to that the players who wanted to follow him everywhere - like Mancini - we'd certainly be better off with him than with Hodgson.

I seem to remember us being priced out of a move for Rangers legend Davie Cooper (RIP) in the 80's. They wanted 100k and we would only offer 50k apparently.

Now that would've shook the football world to it's foundations!!

Instead we had to make do with the one dimensional Jack Holden favourite Windy Miller. Not much skill admittedly but supposedly long in the shower.

Windy Miller, long in the shower? I'm Shocked! Looking back, the moustache which he had for so long could be a bit of a giveaway!

At least Messrs. Sulley, Atkins and Mail had the decency to shave theirs off!

Back on topic, we should have signed Roy Keane, but apparently the office staff had buggered off for the weekend. Which was nice of them.

apparently the office staff had buggered off for the weekend. Which was nice of them.

That was back in the early 90's, no excuse but things moved a little to fast for some obviously. But just think how big Sam must be feeling after Bolton failed to locate the appropriate medical equipment for Dunn’s medical? They had to wait while Monday, just gave us enough time to nip in and steal him.

Now that is pathetic for a modern day premiership club.

But not only did we lose Kerr to injury, we also got relegated the season he came because we didn't cope after we lost him; I am sure we would not have been relegated to the old 3rd Division if he had not been injured.

Forgot about Jimmy Kerr ; smashing player .

Now who remembers Martin Britt ? Good centre forward for whom West Ham conned us for £25,000 in 1965 when he already had a knee injury that would finish his career.

I remember the Mark Grew saga, he was terrific for us but we never signed him for some reason.

Brings back memories of being stood on the BBE with about 5k on and the chant of

'OOH OOH MARK GREW

OOH OOH MARK GREW'

And they say the drummer boy curbed our inventiveness - Imagine the noise we could have made to that little ditty if we had had the benefit of the drummer boy

Ouch - thought of it under the BBE roof - anyway back to topic !

Love some of the other names from the 80s on this list - John Millar - a legend with the ladies but not as much as the great Andy Kennedy !

I think that Port Vale wanted more than we had in the penny jar and Terry Gennoe was due to return from an injury

and we did have Darren Collier!!

Remember Hodgson wanting Crespo but only on loan with view to a permanent 4million. Considering less than 12 months later we were paying 4.5m for the likes of Ward, Blake and McAteer that's pretty tragic. Remember the LET saying we had bid 15million for Suker and Batistuta as well...

Archived