BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Picture Of When The Club Shop Was Actually A Club Shop And Not A Sports Shop Run By Ignorant Staff.

It is such a shame that the shop is in the state it is. It is more of a shame I haven't got my act together with my site.

But as I am on paternity now and likely to be in need of a project to help me back to sleep in the wee hours, maybe now is the time...

For those who haven't had the misfortune of visiting soccer world formally the club shop. These are a few pics I found of a soccer world but it gives an idea of what there about. This being stack it hire, sell it cheap. Volume rather than quality and service. Unfortunately any one who isn't aware of soccer world who visits the store will be left feeling very disappointed. Its a shame really because its should be an extension of the club, delivering an experience fitting Rovers fans and more importantly a Premiership club that competes in Europe. Accrington Stanley have more club merchandise on sale!!

http://www.protouch.co.uk/news/Sports_World.htm

Yes a combined deal of £1m is a lot of merchandise to sell but on the other hand it shows the level of interest by shirt manufacturers in sponsoring the club in that we had to make a deal were we loose our club shop. There are other clubs in the league and below who are in far worse financial shape, granted were not Chelsea but they manage to keep there club shop.

Yes a combined deal of £1m is a lot of merchandise to sell but on the other hand it shows the level of interest by shirt manufacturers in sponsoring the club in that we had to make a deal were we loose our club shop. There are other clubs in the league and below who are in far worse financial shape, granted were not Chelsea but they manage to keep there club shop.

That's because Adidas pay them £10m a year for the privilege of making their shirts. Sportsworld do not however throw that much money at Rovers, and indeed as with all non-top 6 club shirt deals these days, the sponsor has to cover his costs of doing the deal. Given that Rovers sell about 30,000 shirts a year, there has to be another way of Sportsworld getting some value back for their £1m. Apparently, churning out cheap @#/? in an on-site store is that route.

I'm not overly sure of what kind of deal the Football Club have with Sports World!

But how about they have a lenghty contract signed by Sports World and arrange a fairly small, but decent shop in the stadium and have two forms of income? Maybe if they erect a new stand in place of the CIS stand in a few years time and have their official shop relocated there?

Could it work, but I'm sure it could have been over-looked and the club could have an official shop relaunched at Ewood.

• 2 weeks later...

Called into the shop last week after I had bought my tickets for Sheff U - What a joke!

They seem to have loads of 'chavwear' and not a great deal else.

I only wanted a new rovers mini kit for my car, and when I asked where they were in the shop, I was told 'dont sell 'em and cant get 'em. Nowt to do wi us, this is Soccer World not the Rovers Shop'

How many league clubs, let alone Prem clubs do not have a club shop?

Come on Rovers, this is embarrassing :angry:

By the way, does anyone know where I can get a car kit from?

Any ideas Waggy?

My fine powers of deduction suggest to me that you live in Padiham. Is a minikit therefore, a good idea? You know how the Yahoos can react!

Mike, I just cant help it!

I took my other one out because I got some grief, but what the hell, its worth it :)

Luckily for me, I live nearer Simonstone but I put Padiham in my username just tp p*ss off any Dingles who may be watching!

Archived