[Archived] Thoughts On Stephen Warnock

Ste B

258 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Warnock signing

• Yes
    • Time will tell
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Cant remember to have seen him play, but judging by the two facts that 1) Hughes has yet to make a big mistake in the transfer market and 2) many pool supporters are sad to see him go, I not only hope but think he might be a hit.

One thing I don't like, if I remember correctly, didn't he say he was happy not to have signes in august, being afraid for the phone to call as it could mean a deal was through or something?

may be something he said for the pool fans though.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine's a resounding yes:

Liverpool weren't overly keen to let him go at all

Most scousers I know are unhappy that he has gone

They didn't feel he has had a fair chance at their place

They inform me that he works very hard

Hughes persued him after the Lucash deal fell through

He's young & is a pucker left sided player

I think he'll make a good partner for MGP

Main Reason "In Hughes we trust"

:rover:

Got talksport on the PC and the guy said that regarding neill to west ham and warnock to rovers - who's got the better deal ? and he replied rovers by a long way.

It was Mickey Quinn and Adrian Durham. They posed the question "Who's got the better end of today's deals West Ham or Blackburn?" and their verdict was Blackburn "by a country mile"

Adrian Durham just can't stand Lucas Neill but Mickey Quinn is of scouse extraction and I think follows Liverpool quite closely so let's hope he's right.

Reading the comments on a Liverpool website it does appear we have got a good deal. Sounds very much like an ideal replacement for Neill, albeit he's left footed.

Very aggresive, good engine, good going forward, but suspect positional sense.... sounds like Neill alright.

Have to 'yes' however if he had been a Sounsess signing it would be 'time will tell'. Hughes has got his man and Hughes obviously knows he is decent player.

Will he be eligible to play in the UEFA cup?

Can he play tomorrow? EDIT - Official site says he wa not signed in time but may play some part on Saturday.

Very pleased with the Warnock deal, Finally get that one foot wonder grey out the picture!

I seen Warnock play a few times and ive always thought he was a solid reliable player for Liverpool when hes filled in.

The fact that Hughes mentions he's hungry aswell as hes going to want to grab that first team place! So im very pleased. I think Hughes has been sensible this transfer market. Im not to fussed if thats the end of our deals this window, I'm very happy with our squad at the moment

For me we have ended up with a deal far better than we could have imagined at the start of the season.

Emerton is playing at least as well as Neill at right back - and Warnock will be better at left back than Neill. So for an outlay of £0 we have IMO improved the team ever so slightly. And maybe over time, given an extended run in the team we may actually be lots better off.

One interesting aspect of his profile - he has played defensive centre midfield in the past - maybe another option with Reid injured ?

It was Mickey Quinn and Adrian Durham. They posed the question "Who's got the better end of today's deals West Ham or Blackburn?" and their verdict was Blackburn "by a country mile"

Adrian Durham just can't stand Lucas Neill but Mickey Quinn is of scouse extraction and I think follows Liverpool quite closely so let's hope he's right.

I can't believe you're not on Warnock's case yet.

He's been running down his Rovers contract for nearly 10 hours now - anyone can see he's only here to shaft Blackburn Rovers to optimise his own financial position.

And his first (and only) goal for Liverpool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEWgd-xsM88

I recall seeing that game and being impressed with him. On the other hand, he was very poor against Arsenal in his last game for the Pool. Mind you, the whole team was shocking, so perhaps it's not a good indicator :rover:

Anyway, I'm going to wait and see before being happy, although In Sparky I Trust

Good grief, have you been on some sort of illicit substances tonight? <_<

There is a remarkable similarity between Lucas Neill and Stephen Warnock Simon. Have you spotted it?

........ Both have spent the last 6 months constantly and firmly reiterating the fact that they had no intention of signing a contract with BRFC! <_<

Lets not forget it eh?

There is a remarkable similarity between Lucas Neill and Stephen Warnock Simon. Have you spotted it?

........ Both have spent the last 6 months constantly and firmly reiterating the fact that they had no intention of signing a contract with BRFC! <_<

Lets not forget it eh?

As we've seen with Bellamy, footballers just say what they want the fans to hear, as I presume also was the case with Warnock and the Liverpool fans.

Lucas actually said "I'm keeping my options open" rather than "Ive no intention of signing a contract with BRFC"

Slightly more palatable to the supporters.

Archived