1. 1. Are you happy with the Warnock signing

• Yes
    • Time will tell
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed a few people having a little go at Warnock about comments he made last year about wanting to stay at Liverpool.

You might want to read the article below, he worked out ok in the end didn't he

Rovers a step down

funny to see that now. As someone else said players say a lot of stuff just because they think it's what the fans want to hear. The interview with Warnock on roversworld has him saying he took no real persuading to come to us, presumably because it's now a done deal and he wants to please us not them. If he'd said after the summer, when he didn't move " Oh I couldn't wait for the phone to ring because I really want to join Rovers" that wouldn't have sat very well with Liverpool fans.

I guess we should trust Sparky's judgement, which has been 100% positive and to the benefit of the club so far. Like Dunny, I think it will take time for Warnock to reach the required level of physical fitness even before he is considered a prospect for first team action. Hughesey doesn't usually drop new players straight into the gray, except, of course, where he has had a chance to observe and calibrate them e.g. McCarthy in pre-season.

I think Warnock will be an asset to the club and will go on to become a favourite with many.

:rover:

What's with the countdown, Fife?

Aha! All will be revealed when we get there. Say no more. ;)

Aaargghhh!!! That's it now; in answering yours I inadvertantly reached the dreaded 1294. Now I will not be able to go on and post any more. Oh calamity!! :o

-He said: "On the last day of the transfer window at about 7pm I got a phone call saying get yourself to Blackburn. When that didn't happen I was a bit gutted, but I was still at Liverpool so it wasn't the end of the world.- quoted from above link

Nice to see the 180 degree shift in attitude from warnock. Anyone remember the 'i was relieved that the phone never rang' comment? Liars liars... these players. On the other hand, you can call that being politically correct too :P

No-one can blame Warnock for not wanting to leave Liverpool in the summer. Liverpool are his hometown club, he obviously desperately wanted to make there. This is nothing to do with not wanting to come to us, it wouldn't have mattered who it was, he just wanted to make it with the team he supports. Every single one of us would do the same if we were Rovers players and another Premiership club wanted to sign us.

I liked Warnock.....always preferred him to Riise as a defender.

I think he'll do well (and from what I've read in the past re: Neill there's no love lost there!) He can do a job and I wouldn't be surprised if he pops up with a few goals too! ;)

excellent debut for rovers today, well done lad!!!

had pace, energy, looked solid in the tackle and linked up well with gamst.

always looking to get forward and was the major factor in benni's goal.

got tired towards the end which was natural with the lack of first team football he has had recently but overall i'm well impressed and he looks promising.

lucash who???

Archived