[Archived] Thoughts On Stephen Warnock

Ste B

258 members have voted

1. 1. Are you happy with the Warnock signing

• Yes
    • Time will tell
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

Ya and the ball seems attached to his foot when he is running, and he has a good first touch. Very much a fighter and doesnt seem to give up. Typical that Sparky preferred him over the Ukranian as he is exactly his type of player.

Hasnt been tested defensively but he sure will on Wednesday!

Promising start for him. Lets hope he keeps it up and improves. He is youngish, hungry and determined, and thats only good for us.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

An excellent debut. I though Pedersen went awol for parts of the first half but was more involved in the second - Hopefully the more they play together and learn each other game then we could have a brilliant combination on the left.

I was pleasantly surprised :)

I think we can safely say that the boy Warnock had a good debut, comfortable and involved and slotted in like the good pro he is.

The main thing about him is that he balanced the back four up nicely. he has strength and pace which clearly neither mcEveley or Gray possess.

It were a great debut for him, i were very impressed. I loved the way he would go on runs but if there were one thing that could catch him out would be that against quality opposition if and when we lose the ball, it would leave us very exposed down that flank as was kind of proved today in patches.

He were strong in the tackle and looked to be a very assertive player, just the sort of player that will fit in with the rest of the squad.

It were a great debut for him, i were very impressed. I loved the way he would go on runs but if there were one thing that could catch him out would be that against quality opposition if and when we lose the ball, it would leave us very exposed down that flank as was kind of proved today in patches.

He were strong in the tackle and looked to be a very assertive player, just the sort of player that will fit in with the rest of the squad.

was

Talk about being pedantic ihateburnley, (sigh) that were actually quite sad, had a long trip down there today and a typo/bit of bad grammar is to be expected.

Anyway as for the actually topic, Warnock's real test will come on Wed night when he may have Robben to deal with, a top class winger that should be (if he's not injured) playing more often for Chelsea instead of the narrow system they are currently operating.

That said, he can't be worse than Neill.

Oh give it up. Neill may have been a bit of a onanist on the "getting away from Rovers" front, but he was never a bad player.

Oh give it up. Neill may have been a bit of a onanist on the "getting away from Rovers" front, but he was never a bad player.

I know Colin; you are just waiting for some poor sap to come on and ask ... "what's an onanist?". I trust you have got your answer ready! ;)

Archived