BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Savage

Baz

Did anyone hear what that little gobshite Scott Minto said on SSN when it happened? "It wasn't a great tackle, his studs were up, but maybe he saw it was Savage and was trying to protect himself".

What the (Please don't use that word again) is that? When was the last time Sav broke anyone's leg? I hate this @#/? journalism - the guy needs ###### shooting for that little pearl of wisdom. Prick.

From an ex-pro as well. What a bawbag.

Another emergency option for the centre of midfield is Zurab - he always stated while at Dundee and Rangers that he saw himsefl becoming a midfielder one day. Of course, on the few occasions he actually got a run out in that position he was bloody awful. So...uh...forget I said anything...? :unsure:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for the lad. Here's to a speedy recovery and a fast return to the team - let's face it, we need Robbie's enthusiasm and energy, always chasing down the opposition and imposing our shape on theirs.

As far as the tackle goes, as a referee with 20 years experience and also having seen my own brother's football career ended by a very similar reckless challenge, I think that Robbie should take legal advice. IMO the way that Al Bangura went in was nothing short of reckless. Notwithstanding he is young (no excuse - he is a so called pro) and Robbie's own reputation (somewhat over-stated) having watched the incident a number of times I can only conclude that this was a deliberate attempt to injure - that is to say 'Assault'. I cannot believe that the referee and assistants viewed the incident as an unfortunate accident and had I been officiating, there would have been a red card for the lad, plus I would have told Sav that I would support him should he wish to take the matter further.

OK football is a contact sport, but there is nothing professional about Al Bangura's tackle. It was plain and simple thuggery. Sue the little scrote. ;)

I guess you are being sarcastic.

My point is that we have half decent cover for all those players - Peter, Dunn, Derbyshire, Gallagher all have thier failings but I think they could do a job. For Robbie we have Mokoena who is absolutely dire. And Savage is the heartbeat of the side, he gets everybody going. WIthout him we could well lose our focus.

If we had someone of the standard of, say, Derbyshire (not brilliant by any stretch but offers a lot) standing by then maybe I would of been less dramatic.

As it is we are in real trouble. Our side cannot function without a ball winner in the middle.

I wasn't, actually, I totally agree with you. We've got enough creative force in this team at the moment to overcome an injury to one of the attacking players. The cup game against Everton showed that. However, his legs are so desperately needed in the middle, Mokoena is totally inept when it comes to uphelding the pressure in a 4-4-2 formation. I just don't know anymore, stick someone like Warnock or McEveley in there, at least they can get a tackle in. The easiest solution will be giving Bentley the role though, alongside Mokoena and / or David Dunn.

Get well soon, Sav.

It's a great testament to Savage the way he handled himself too. Not only did he sit down quietly without antics, he went into the tackle to get the ball. Scott Minto can crawl back into the hole he came from, mediocre player anyway.

:rover: The way savage throws himself into tackles,a nasty injury was bound to happen.we need to spend money to replace him,sidwell would be great,but what about one off arsenals youngsters or even damian johnson :huh::brfc:

The way big club are negotiating at the moment it'd cost about £10m to get johnson off them!! Especially as its us!!

I'd rather we went for that Muamba guy who's on loan there from Arsenal. Might be a bit raw but he was superb at newcastle in the cup.

I dunno Baz, it didn't look like too bad of a tackle when I saw it. Looked like a combination of clipping his leg and the landing that did it.

Big blow for us either way

Looked awful to me, lunged in looked like he was well over the top, intent??? mm I would have to see it again. It was certainly not a clipping of the leg, looked to me more like full on with the studs, you can actually see Sav's leg go.

I think some of you are being far too dismissive of the tackle. i thought it was awful and the Watford player made no attempt at all to go for the ball. Would have been interesting to see the reaction if it had been the other way round.

Get fit again soon Sav.

I think we all know the answer to that, it would be all over the bloody sports news wouldn't it. I bet dollars to donuts there would have been a red card too.

Absolute rubbish, watch it again, it was a horrific studs up over the top tackle tackle, it was only because Savage didn't make any meal of it whatsoever the Watford player escaped censure.

That is just the way I saw it.

We've have not got the spine of our team playing at the moment. Nelson and AO are both out, and now Savage and Reid are both out arguably our first choice centre back and centre mid partnerships! Very difficult time at the moment, and to think Chelsea are moaning that they've had terry out for a few weeks having spent £300m!

Quite right about chelsea, they spent more than 300 m btw, yet them and the media have been banging on about there horrific injury scence, wtf theve had 2 injured 1st teamers one for 3 months the other for around 5 weeks and 1 injury to a squad player. Rovers have suffered 4 broken legs for gods sake. imagine where chelsea would be if they's had cech,terry,lampard and drogba out all sesaon like the injuries what we have suffered not much above us thats where. Yet pundits still say we are having a poor sesaon. Id like to see any other prem club cope any better than us with there best 2 players out all season and 3 other first XI plyers out for half a sesaon + other injuries

Is that a serious statement? There have been a few games when we have adopted an "in their faces" approach but its never been dirty.

I haven't seen the tackle but Garner, commenting on Radio Lancs, thought it ws bad....and he's looking at it as an ex-pro.

Yes its a serious statement indeed, also its probably what most of you don't want to hear but it's the truth....If Robbie Savage didn't tackle like my little sister this may not have happened. Obviously i wish Robbie all the best, no one can deny the work he puts in during the 90mins, but these things happen.

EDIT* and you say it was never a dirty approach by rovers.... the axe on Arjen Robben at Ewood ?

The axe's tackle wasn't dirty, it was bad luck. It wasn't over the top, studs up, two footed or anything like that. The axe tackles hard and he just happened to catch Robben badly. This was a nasty tackle.

Oh ok then, the way savage goes into tackles this was always going to happen, and im suprised it's taken this long. I find amazing on here, how no matter what happens it's not rovers fault. Savage went into that tackle last nite, like a woman FACT ok then ill give you another bad tackle...... Neill on Carragher.

Oh ok then, the way savage goes into tackles this was always going to happen, and im suprised it's taken this long. I find amazing on here, how no matter what happens it's not rovers fault. Savage went into that tackle last nite, like a woman FACT ok then ill give you another bad tackle...... Neill on Carragher.

What tackle? He was kicking the ball. Did he do something wrong that no-one else noticed?

Neill on Carragher was a bad tackle. What's your point? I'm not saying that Watford are a dirty team or that the player is a dirty player, it was simply a horrible challenge.

Gutted. Saving grace the window is still open. Imagine if 2 leg breaks in two games had happened on 1st Feb.

I think we have to chance two loanee's now, but MH strikes me as one to try and ride it out with what he's got rather than panic buy.

Its a busy window and prices are on the steep side unfortunatley though.

Did you post on here previously that Savage was going to break his leg?

No due to the fact I usually refrain from posting on here to much, to avoid the blue and white tinted opinions.... Although i have previously commented to people that it wouldn't suprise me if Savage sustained a serious injury.

Fans wear blue and white tinted glasses. It's part of being a fan that you tend to see your own club's side of things. I haven't seen the tackle myself except very quickly on SSN but alan Brazil was saying on talksport this morning that it was terrible and he couldn't believe nothing was done about it.

Fans wear blue and white tinted glasses. It's part of being a fan that you tend to see your own club's side of things. I haven't seen the tackle myself except very quickly on SSN but alan Brazil was saying on talksport this morning that it was terrible and he couldn't believe nothing was done about it.

Yes but you should also try and see the wider picture, no your quite right it wasn't the greatest tackle, but they happen, and Mr Savage himself has dished a number of them out over the years. Thats my point.

Archived