SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Tonight's Reserve Squad.

den

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers lost 1-0.

Boltons keeper pulled of some stunning saves from jeffers and roberts shots. Roberts played well in parts used his strength and created things, Nelsen was average but he did ok you can tell he isnt yet fully fit.

attendance- 391 (i think)

Was stood right behind the Bolton goal, when their keeper pulled off an incredible save from Jeffers. Jeffers stood for a minute, scratched his head then went to shake the keepers hand and patted him on the back.

Nelsen strode forward, smiled at the keeper, shook his head and said to him in a broad NZ accent, right in front of me and Stu - "how the f*** did you save that"

Class! :D

How dare they call Roberts a delinquent lol :lol: .It must of been freezing there ,tonight.

Why do Bolton always have goalies you can't pronounce ,or spell.

I suppose watching him tonight, you must realise what away supporters feel like, when Brad keeps pulling of some amazing saves.

Ps , what were the pies like. ;)

Off to watch some tennis, i think that sexy Sharapova ,may be playing. B)

Was stood right behind the Bolton goal, when their keeper pulled off an incredible save from Jeffers. Jeffers stood for a minute, scratched his head then went to shake the keepers hand and patted him on the back.

Nelsen strode forward, smiled at the keeper, shook his head and said to him in a broad NZ accent, right in front of me and Stu - "how the f*** did you save that"

I was still chuckling about that when I got home!

Positives;

Nelsen looked fit, assured and composed in defence, I think he played close to 75 mins, but either way he looks promising for Saturday

Roberts looked strong, didnt stop working so hopefully another goer for the squad at the weekend.

I thought Rowntree had a good match at left back, and Hodge looked assured in the centre of the park, however I cant see any of the players on display breaking through to the first team just yet.

Man of the match most definitely the Bolotn keeper, whose name I dont intend to type!

Bolton reserves play just like their first team, HOOOF. Their fanms typified by thee lads stood next to den and I whose sole shout of encouragement (other than an assortment of odd noises to Franny Jeffers) was made to one their centre halves; "go on lad, hoof it good"

Thanks to den and Danny for sorting out lifts for me as well. Cheers folks.

Was it a case of that or what I have commented upon before re the typical Rovers making goalies look good against us?

According to that Bolton report he conceded x6 in the previous match!! :blink:

Was it a case of that or what I have commented upon before re the typical Rovers making goalies look good against us?

According to that Bolton report he conceded x6 in the previous match!! :blink:

That particular save was brilliant. The ball was crossed from the left, Jeffers at the far post connected perfectly, but the keeper came from the middle of goal, not only to get a hand to it, but also to get it over the bar.

That particular save was brilliant. The ball was crossed from the left, Jeffers at the far post connected perfectly, but the keeper came from the middle of goal, not only to get a hand to it, but also to get it over the bar.

Is this the first half save or the one he made in the second half, whichever he looked far better than our goalie who seemed to vanish for Bolton's goal.

As for Rovers kids not one looked like he could play premiership football, in fact i'd question wether they could play professional footaball.

Is this the first half save or the one he made in the second half, whichever he looked far better than our goalie who seemed to vanish for Bolton's goal.

As for Rovers kids not one looked like he could play premiership football, in fact i'd question wether they could play professional footaball.

The one in the second half.

From the Bolton article

David Dunn had been due to start, but escaped into a kebab shop as the team coach stopped at a set of traffic lights and hasn�t been seen since.
Even if it was a Bolton stie that wrote it, it's still funny! Especially when he stuffs the pie, I mean, ball, into their net when he's playing against them!

There's a game tonight. Check official site.

Cheers, mate...I've got the fixtures , now.

I don't think my brother will run me to that one,but i like to go when we're at Morcambe,nice little ground.

Lincoln away in Pontins League Cup, let's hope we progress.I'll keep my eyes open for the result.

I'm still laughing at what someone said on here about the Bolton reserve game.."is it on eurosport".lmao.

So, next home game for reserves is Sheff United(Feb 19th)

If the reserves can produce talent like Matty Derbyshire , then why not.

I don't why, but everytime i see him, i'm reminded of Matty Jansen

Archived