SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Not The Luton Town Preview.

den

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great bit of nostalgia from Newell.

Not to say, more than a little praise for the achievement of making rovers into Prem champions.

And this snippet from it is exactly what needs ramming to the ignorant media numpties and fans

'And Newell said: "I don't think people realised the job that was done there to be honest.

"People just look at it as spending money, but there was no more money spent than some of the other clubs spending at the time – the likes of Manchester United and Liverpool and clubs that have spent money since.

"He brought good players and brought them from the first division into the Premier League and we finished fourth, second, first and seventh over four years'

Anyway we should certainly have more than enough for this lot reagrdless of pitch etc and after Tuesday I don't expect Sparky to let them forget it.

3 v 1 Rovers

I'm sure I read on the official website (can't get on it at work for some reason to double check) that away fans cant get alcohol inside the ground - so def going to have to give one of those pubs a look.

I'm going on the train but coming up from Sussex - due in about 11.

I hope we beat 'em with a good performance - if anyone's going and we are winning how about starting a chant of ''Lawrenson whats the score..." He blantently has a running joke to predict against rovers and he is commentating I think.

Nice to see Lawro is predicting is to to win comfortably...not, he's predicting a 2-1 win for Luton using the broken leg to Savage and the fact that Luton Town have had to sell their key players as the reasons.

He has to be kidding, surely? Even without Savage we should have more than enough for a struggling Luton side.

What's up with that Lawro, he really does have issues with Rovers doesn't he.What a complete numpty.

Let's hope we shove is prediction down his throat.

Alan Hansen always seems to side with Rovers, he's ok.

The banana skin could hurt us here. Unles we play with the right attitude, ie not like Tuesday night, we could slip up here. Hopefully no replay required though as it looks like our replay date would be Sat 10th Feb meaning a postponement for the Everton away game to fit in later in the year - a second half of the season hopefully busy enough with UEFA games.

Whys that? Surely it would be either the 6th/7th of Feb?

Anyway i can see a replay here with us battering them but only coming away with a 1-1 draw.

i don't see how samba is in the squad, i also read he was waiting for international clearence.

I doubt that anyone has the balls to tell him he can't play :lol:

Looking at the squad i am so worried, created my in theory team:

Friedel, Nolan, Todd, Zurab, Warnock, Emmo, Bentley, MGP, Peter, Derbs, Benni

(Nelsen if 100% match fit)

I doubt that anyone has the balls to tell him he can't play :lol:

Looking at the squad i am so worried, created my in theory team:

Friedel, Nolan, Todd, Zurab, Warnock, Emmo, Bentley, MGP, Peter, Derbs, Benni

(Nelsen if 100% match fit)

We can't play that side, there is no one anchoring the midfield.

Much as I hate to say it Mokoena will play tomorrow as we have no other choice. Wheres Toogs in there?

edit: just seen Toogs is out.

I can now envisage us losing this quite easily.

One thing did come to my mind though... Nelsen in central midfield? Would seem a waste as he is a world class centre back but when needs must...

Did anyone actually see Luton against QPR? I hear they were abysmal in the extreme. It seems as though both teams were trying to lose then they can concentrate on staying up in the Championship. Between them they'd won 1 game since Christmas, and this in a division that Burnley have done Ok in! Luton's goal only came about because a shot that was endangering the corner flag took a wicked deflection and ended up in the goal.

We can't play that side, there is no one anchoring the midfield.

Much as I hate to say it Mokoena will play tomorrow as we have no other choice. Wheres Toogs in there?

Luton aren't exactly fantastic, the only way i can see us winning it, is to try and out score them.

Playing basically 6 attackers should do that. Mokoena has to be the most inept Central Midfielder in existence but having said that maybe the championship is his level. I think i would rather play Samba in CM and see how that works for 45.

Unfortunate about tugs, we could have done with some Turkish Delight tomorrow, instead we'll have to do with some Derbyshire Magic.

Luton are a poor championship side...im not so worried.

Its not like we are on a bad run, we've just had one poor result so confidence should still be pretty high.

The Axe will definately play in the centre and i'd be pretty tempted to give McCarthy a break and play gally and derbyshire from the start again.

My starting line up would be

Friedel

Nolan----Nelsen----Zurab----warnock

Emerton/gally----Axe-----bentley----Peter

Derbs-----gally/jeffers

Enough to do the job i reckon!

Easy win this one no matter who is selected. Got a feeling it will be Derbs and Gallagher up front.

It's Newell's birhtday tomorrow, so let's hope Rovers can be party poppers :P

I love the fa cup, i say get into 'em,we need a good win to put behind the dismal performance at Watford

Their goalies,BRILL, just glad he's not as Brill as Brad.

Our Easyjet flight gets us into Luton bright and early for 8.00am. I was wondering if brfc_jonesy, or anyone else for that matter, might be able to suggest some early morning boozer that will keep us out of the cold.

i know the bedfordshire yeoman is open at half 9, im getting there for about half 10! lol

its about 5 mins walk from the ground thats why i suggest it.....erm im not sure if any of the pubs near the town centre will be open to be honest, and near the ground there aint many pubs about as i said earlier its right near pakistan...erm so id say thats your best bet...some of the pubs round the back of the town maybe the compasses, the hibbert aint too far about 35 min walk from the ground

Archived