BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if Hughes has slipped really small release fees into every players contract and he is now going to just buy them all?

ouch!

That's what I do Football Manager, I delay accepting a contract to another club and then offer all the players I want to come with me new contracts with cheap minimum release clauses and tada.

:rover: said it many times over last season,oojer is a far better defender than samba,rovers mistake was giving him a 5 year contract in november,citeh want him they can have him :brfcsmilie:

If City do indeed want him then surely it was a good thing for us to have him under a long contact ?

Our board must ensure that no-one leaves before the new season starts and the new manager installed .

Selling Samba , who is both young and full of potentail and already a first team regular , would send out all the wrong signals . Continuity is necessary at this junction - not going into the new season with a new manager and half a new team .

Lee Grooby has commented on the official site that the name talking about Samba in these press reports is unknown to Rovers. Chris might have changed agents of course but its not the guy who was representing him recently.

Read today that even Newcastle united also is up in the race for Samba.

It looks as if a "sale" tag is put on all rovers class acts..I am so depressed !!

My depression can go away if we can getter a better price for him. And as Toons are also chasing him I guess we can get that.

Read today that even Newcastle united also is up in the race for Samba.

It looks as if a "sale" tag is put on all rovers class acts..I am so depressed !!

My depression can go away if we can getter a better price for him. And as Toons are also chasing him I guess we can get that.

So far it's just paper talk. It happens every transfer window.

Lee Grooby has commented on the official site that the name talking about Samba in these press reports is unknown to Rovers. Chris might have changed agents of course but its not the guy who was representing him recently.

Ask nicko he has contacts with Sambas agent.

Though Sambas agent works for a larger agency which is why, possibly, another name has been mentioned.

Maybe the agent has enlisted a colleague to do the dirty work for him to save embarrassment as he still lives in the town.

John Mensah is available for 5mill pounds…sell Samba for 4 or even hold out for 5mill pounds and sign Mensah…always said Mensah is a better,and more solid defender than Samba.

• 10 months later...

Found the bgugger!

Disagree with that. That type of hanging corner makes it very difficult to head the ball with enough power to beat a decent keeper. It's only purpose is to knock the ball long to the back post for some big guy (Samba?) to head down into the area.

I rem us being fairly succesful in the 80's with near post corners flicked on across the 6 yd line. imo Peds deliveries would suit that tactic with a player in front of the near post and Samba stood in front of the keeper blocking his vision and with a couple of team mates charging in on the back post. Samba positioning himself on the pen spot where we rarely hit a corner to has been my only disappointment with him since his arrival.

Not quite the entire tactic but it appears that Big Sam's been following this board for some time!....... And that neither Sparky nor the managerial dud must have ever bothered. :tu:

Bleedin obvious tactic imo and one that I have been wanting to see us use since he signed. In fairness Big Chris is not the best header of a ball but if he gets his 6ft 5in frame in front of the keeper and jumps just as a well hit in-swinging corner is taken the first time the keeper will see the flight of the ball it's about 15 yards away. Watch the replays of Kirkland for Benni's goal.

Do they have management consultants in the Prem? :rover:

Archived