BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

Ref:

Oh come on, I think this transfer window has made you light headed

I'll happily return to this thread when he notches one, have you seen any clips of this guy? I have, and this guy is 6'5" AND he can jump AND he can head the ball.

Lets all do the Samba...

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, He likes to be called Chris, but am i right in saying that Nonda prefers to be called Chris, as well..Have we any more Chris's lol

If he does score, do you think the stewards will let us do the Samba along the Riverside...or is it more "lets all do the Congo"

Put the fun back into being a supporter. :rover:

Would any who seem preoccupied about his size on here care to comment on the fact that our best player by a mile is also the smallest? :rover:

Yes, I'll do it.

Your comment seems to suggest that Ronnie Corbett would be a good footballer simply because he is short. You may as well suggest we play a squad of Turkish players.

Apart from that, we have all seen Tugay and no-one has seen Samba. Then again, no-one has seen Tugay play in the middle of a flat back four partnering Ryan Nelsen.

I'm quite looking forward to a 6' 5" brick out-house in our defence. I hope he's half decent.

Phill is entirely correct and I reckon this guy is just the ticket, 6'5" and he can leap like a Salmon apparently, just imagine... Rovers a threat from Corners !!! (I know it's a big reach...)

With his height and MGPs crosses we might well have a good header on our hands.

Went to watch Hertha V Lens in last seasons UEFA cup with JPW and a few others, and it turns out that Samba actually played in that game.

It was at best -5 degrees and I was freezing my balls off as I wasnt dressed for the occasion, and to cap it one of the worst ever games of football I can remember because the 0-0 draw was good enough for both sides.

He wasnt happy with himself looking at him shake his head alot after a misplaced pass.

Dont forget he is young, he came on when we were at a weird phase with us relaxing and he may have wanted to show himself more than he should have.

Overall he won a couple of headers and looked strong in general. Always looked for the forward pass rather than going sideways and thats a good sign.

Not enough to judge him yet.

He wasnt happy with himself looking at him shake his head alot after a misplaced pass.

Dont forget he is young, he came on when we were at a weird phase with us relaxing and he may have wanted to show himself more than he should have.

Overall he won a couple of headers and looked strong in general. Always looked for the forward pass rather than going sideways and thats a good sign.

Not enough to judge him yet.

Yup, he's definitely one for the future. I really dont expect him to walk straight into the team yet. Maybe Hughes will use the FA Cup and some EPL games to slowly "gel" him into English football and unleash him next season. :D

IF Terry is unfit for Weds throw him upfront against Chelsea. Moaninho was going on about how he knew Liverpool would pump it forward to Kuyt and Crouch and how they couldn't cope. So if Terry's out lets un leash Samba! :D

Also sorry if it's been asked but why does the official site have Samba down as "On Loan from Hertha"????

Hughes On Samba.

"We brought him in because we had the opportunity to have a look at him, and we thought if we don't sign him then somebody else is going to get a very good player, so I think it's good business.

"He's a big guy and, more often than not, guys of that size don't always punch their weight because they're so big, they've never actually had to learn the technique of heading a ball.

"But he has good technique in the air, he's quick, he's a good passer, and we like the look of him, so it was an easy decision."

There wasn't much time to judge him yesterday but he looked out of his depth. He will need some matches in English football to find his feet. Let's reserve judgement until he has had time to settle.

I was at the game yesterday and I thought Samba, wasnt too bad, Bad pitch, Debuet, New surroundings, FA Cup.

Alot too take in as a young lad! Thought his heading ability was good, Some bad passes but i aint going to judge him on 15mins or whatever.

Think he will become a class act for the club

Let's not forget that his life is probably going 100mph at the moment. He's only just signed; he's probably living out of a hotel, he's got to adjust to a different style of play and new team-mates. Let's cut him some slack until he's settled in the area and has played a dozen games or so.

He looked good with his head though; good distances on his defensive headers.

Some bad passes but i aint going to judge him on 15mins or whatever.

Still, the ones he managed were better than most of Mokoena's. He made a hash of a few in pretty dangerous areas. Although, he was better than he was at Watford.

Hard to judge after only 15 minutes but he is absolutly huge. Few misplaced passes but that was understandable.

Ooohhh I'd rather have Samba than John Terry, OOHH I'd rather have Samba, Rather have Samba, Rather have Samba than John terry.

Archived