BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Stop! Sambatime.

dj54nna

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There wasn't much time to judge him yesterday but he looked out of his depth. He will need some matches in English football to find his feet. Let's reserve judgement until he has had time to settle.

The only time he's going to be out of his depth is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean.

A 15 minute debut at Luton tells us nothing. Rovers had him on trial for several days, I doubt Hughes has made a bad call here.

Find his feet, how can he lose them, he must be sized 17 !!!

In all seriousness, he'll be fine, get him in the box for set pieces.

(Nice dummy air shot to put MGP in though) :lol:

BRING ON THE SAMBA!!

If he'd connected with that the ball would've ended up in Blackburn!!

Kinell!!! Dear God please tell me thats just a crease in the material! :o If not Ped's gonna need a pillow to bite pdq! :wacko:

That`s not like to to stereotype people Theno :huh:

<_<

I'd like to see him being given a go in midfield where apparently he has played before. Once again Mokoena shows that he isn't going to create anything at all. Savage may hustle and bustle but he also rushes forward to support the attack. Mokoena is far too stationary at times...some games need the midfield players to be mobile and he simply cannot offer that. Samba has far more mobility and seems to be an excellent tackler. In fact he's already looking like another good buy from Hughes. For the money we could be looking at a real bargain.

I'm very optimistic about this one. Considering Ooijer took a month or two to adjust to the premiership, I think the jury should wait a while before setting a verdict on the guy. However on today's poerformance he seems to be settling in well, seemingly excellent in the air and his distribution was also very good.

Not sure about playing him in midfield though. I don't think it would aid his development especially since the two positions are very different to play in. He seems to have the abilities to be able to play there - can get stuck in, good pass - but hopefully a fully fit Dunn will slot in with Tugs, and besides unless he's going to play long term in midfield, it'll mean another readjustment period when he slots into defence, and at his age you really need to be perfecting one position. (which is why i don't like bringing Bentley into the centre). Mind you another performance or two like that from Mokoena and we may have to.

In the long term picture, with Nelsen approaching 30, and Todd, Ooijer and Henchoz having all past 30, having a young defender to the squad makes a lot of sense.

I like Samba, he's very agile for such a big guy,it's early das, but i thought he did ok for his home debut.

Bednobs and broomsticks lol, good film, and not a meerkat in sight..I'm not sure if there was any zebras though.

Enough of that, I don't want to go off topic. <_<

Archived