BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup 5th Round

Modi

• Replies 418
  • Created
  • Last Reply

IF we drew PNE away then unfortunately people, due to nobenders impending stand building Rovers would receive a minimal amount of tickets of around the 800 mark, the allocation at Bloomfield would be something similar :(

For me it would be nice to see Plymouth at Ewood, but as you know the 5th round is "fixed" and Rovers will draw Chelsea away :)

Even without the shed the capacity is close to 19000. Under competition rules they have to give us 15% of whats left......

..unless of course they are Arsenal.

Even without the shed the capacity is close to 19000. Under competition rules they have to give us 15% of whats left......

..unless of course they are Arsenal.

There have been occassions though, when clubs haven't given the away team their full quota, because they couldn't segregate the fans safely during building work.

Don't know if this would be the case at Deepdale.

If we are going to get anywhere in the FA Cup this season, we are going to have to face Mancarski sometime so I'd take one of the Mancs, Arsenal and Chelsea at home in the next round. They would play a less than full strength side in the 5th round judging by yesterday's and the mid-week selections.

Don't fancy Spuds as they would be going 100% for't Cup and Boro cannot keep on losing to us for ever.

If we are going to get some neighbours, please let it be at Ewood.

I see what you're saying there, but I'd much rather we get Plymouth at home and the draw produces United v Spurs and Chelsea v Arsenal or something like that.

Anything away - preferably Plymouth.

We can all get off our arses to go to Amsterdam, Krakow, Leverkusen, Luton etc, and create an atmosphere 20 times better than at Ewood.

Plymouth is the next best thing.

Yes, that would be brilliant. Get back from Leverkusen late on Friday night and then have Plymouth away the next day, probably for a 12.30 kick off.

Shame really, as it is a trip i'd like otherwise.

There have been occassions though, when clubs haven't given the away team their full quota, because they couldn't segregate the fans safely during building work.

Don't know if this would be the case at Deepdale.

There is semi permanent segregation in the Kop at Deepdale, just happens to hold 2000-3000 people on each side (depending on how they do the netting!)

Anyway, this is a moot point until after 1.30pm tomorrow! :)

FA Cup regulations mean that the home team has to offer something like 15% of the total capacity to the away team. So we'd get a couple of thousand tickets at least at both venues.

one rule that over rides that is a ground that has renovation work/construction work going on. Bloomfield is 2 sided with work ongoing as is nobend park, they start work Monday

Not sure about us, but a few predictions for the rest of the draw:

Man Utd will get a home tie

Chelsea will get a home tie against a lower league team

No matter who Man Utd are playing their game will be shown live on the Beeb.

one rule that over rides that is a ground that has renovation work/construction work going on. Bloomfield is 2 sided with work ongoing as is nobend park, they start work Monday

Are they knocking down one of the three new stands at Deepdale 1864?

That rule only kicks in where the capacity is especially low, or where crowd safety concerns kick in.

As Nobbers standard away allocation is circa 3000 anyway it wouldnt be an issue.

Blackpool could well be however.

I did wonder which of the 3 new stands they were knocking down at PNE!! Strange decision really. Obviously if they change their mind we will either get the standard 3000 away or the the 6000 for the full end. They couldn't justify a smaller allocation and it wouldn't make sense. Blackpool have that silly golf stand but it still holds 1700 so nothing to get too upset about.

The shed is coming down leaving it 3 sided ! No fans have been there this season and only Sunderland have brought over 3k fans so far this season. There are contingency plans to limit away support for all clubs once he stand is fully demolished and I am certain that the away ticket criteria stands at a max of 800 fans for the rest of this season and most of next.

they have a proposed opening of the fourth and complete stand of February 08 fully dependant on whether it is completed !

Bloomfield is 2 sided with work ongoing as is nobend park, they start work Monday

The shed is coming down leaving it 3 sided !

I was being pedantic Wazza!

I knew what you meant big fella.

BTW, North End are allocating 2300 tickets to the upcoming teams. Sadly for them they are in the same boat as us, cant sell the home tickets anyway.

Dont be silly mate.

Two people are currently witholding permission, one being the bank manager. :(

Will you text me who we get tomorrow mate.

Got another bloody scan at 13:30 so I will miss the draw. Gutted, I was well looking forward to it.

Archived