BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers Finances

philipl

Why move the cameras?

Could a portion of this extra tv money also not be used to build a modern stand where the 'shed' is now on the Riverside?....it doesn't half ruddy let the rest of the ground down in all honesty.

What a massive opportunity for the club to progress on and off the pitch

Good idea but we'd have an even emptier-looking stadium than ever, unless they put a mural-type curtain up on the upper tier here too.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the Superdome in New Orleans ,which is half empty when it just hosts its local Football team..To present the illusion it is full they have coloured all the seats differently instead of a blanket of just one colour.

If you noticed in the Ashes recently, the Brisbane cricket ground (the 'Gabba') has adopted this scheme for years.. I think it works well. :)

If you noticed in the Ashes recently, the Brisbane cricket ground (the 'Gabba') has adopted this scheme for years.. I think it works well. :)

I've always noticed the empty seats at the Gabba, to be honest. There might be some psychological thing or twick to the eye behind it, though.

If we were to build a new Riverside stand, which is highly unlikely, I would think that the best way to help fill it to a respectable level would be to keep tickets cheap (I'm not saying cheapest) on that side.

This is kind of related, and I dont know if anyone could give a precise answer, but I was wondering how much would it cost for someone to buy Blackburn?

Interesting question, probably Philipl would be in a position to give a rough idea.

I suppose it would depend upon how much the Trust wanted to sell as to what price they would accept.

I would imagine it would be a reasonable sum of money due to the fact that the club has very little debt.

Although the fact that we effectivley run at a loss year on year may also impact on the value.

Good question though.

I am purely speculating here, but I would imagine that if the Trustees were satisfied someone was taking over who had the Club's best interests at heart, and had deep enough pockets to bail us out if we ever say got relegated, then the Club would be available quite cheaply.

We are virtually free of external debt, did philip say 10m above?

As a guideline Randy Lerner recently paid 66m for Villa who were also relatively debt free.

Again I am purely speculating here but I would have thought the figure for Rovers might be anything from 20 to 40 million mark.

When you read about these big consortiums having to plough in 90 or 100 m just to clear the debts of Liverpool or Newcastle and build new stadia etc, before they even start looking at putting anything into other areas such as the playing side I'm amazed Rovers don't SEEM to have attracted a lot more interest.

Of course we don't know if anything has happened/is happening behind the scenes.

I am purely speculating here, but I would imagine that if the Trustees were satisfied someone was taking over who had the Club's best interests at heart, and had deep enough pockets to bail us out if we ever say got relegated, then the Club would be available quite cheaply.

We are virtually free of external debt, did philip say 10m above?

As a guideline Randy Lerner recently paid 66m for Villa who were also relatively debt free.

Again I am purely speculating here but I would have thought the figure for Rovers might be anything from 20 to 40 million mark.

When you read about these big consortiums having to plough in 90 or 100 m just to clear the debts of Liverpool or Newcastle and build new stadia etc, before they even start looking at putting anything into other areas such as the playing side I'm amazed Rovers don't SEEM to have attracted a lot more interest.

Of course we don't know if anything has happened/is happening behind the scenes.

Also, I seem to remember it being mentioned previously that Jack had imposed certain sanctions to safeguard the future of the club, this may be a factor as to why we have not attracted a great deal of interest from external sources. It may also be that whilst the Trust would welcome external sources of investment the don't actually want to / or can't sell their majority share holding.

/is happening behind the scenes.

Wouldn't the smart move be to sell the club now that there is the carrot of increased TV revenue dangling in front of potential suitors? Then when the Prem bubble bursts or at least deflates the Trust could buy back at a much reduced 'stop loss' price.

• 10 months later...

Archived