BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Sheffield United

Hasta

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can have one per game, as long as we get more :D Seriously, fair play to the lad. It's great to know that some players consider the feelings of fans.

Not sure if this has already been put on here, but on blackburn-rovers mad, a blades fan has coming on saying that he was in that BBE box we've been talking about. Has a v different version of events! See post toward the bottom :brfc:

http://boards.footymad.net/mboard/fmb.php?...;mid=2134219272

It appears to have been removed by their moderating staff.

It was there last night and I read it. I was going to post a comment in here but decided not to. What I will say now is the level of intellect demonstrated by mcblade in his post left me wondering what on earth was someone like this doing in a corporate box? If I used a box to entertain customers someone with his apparent level of articulation wouldn't even be considered for the guest list!

The language used destroyed any point he had to make from the offset.

Interesting analysis on this to me is those not in the boxes ie us the fans on the terraces seem to feel we are not in the worng and its ok to give abuse back but not the other way.

Just one point to add which throws it back at the clampet Yorkshireites - some years back when Man Citeh where in the doldrums of The First Division ironically I got offered the chance to go and watch them on a corporate freebie , ironically at Bramhall Lane, and as Rovers had no game I decided to take up the offer.

And guess what, I wasn't even cheering for either team but the amount of abuse from the the other clampets directed towards the Citeh fans through the glass was unbelievable, then again the Citeh fans gave as good as they got.

Just for information as well ... guess who else was in the boxes that day none other than our very own Tony Parkes and Damien Duff.

It's nice that Stead justified all the good-will feelings towards on him here. Even when he was terrible and again even when he left, he remained popular amongst the fans, I don't think there were many of us who didn't desperately want him to succeed.

I said at the time (and I still believe it now) that he will go on to be a good Premiership striker, however it is plain that the move away from us was the best for both parties at the time. I hope he does go on to have a successful career in the top flight, he's obviously one of the few genuinely likeable players in the game...just less goals against us please Jon.

Totally agree with that, I've always watched out for Stead since he left us and always find myself genuinely excited when I see that he's scored (Saturday aside). I hope he does go on to become a good striker in this division, maybe one day we'll even look to get him back on board. My gut instinct however is that, sadly, this level is slightly above him.

Totally agree with that, I've always watched out for Stead since he left us and always find myself genuinely excited when I see that he's scored (Saturday aside). I hope he does go on to become a good striker in this division, maybe one day we'll even look to get him back on board. My gut instinct however is that, sadly, this level is slightly above him.

nice to see Stead not go mad after scoring against us on Saturday, he must still have a lot of respect for us

I too was impressed with Jon Steads non celebration, I do know from other (Reliable) sources that he was gutted to leave us but realistic about it, he seemed to have got himself back together again at Derby and I thought he was a handful against us, was not suprised (But sick) when he scored. He still has the same work ethic I note.

He kept us up and I think he is a sound bloke, if he does find his premiership feet I wouldn't be upset if he come back (It's unlikely though TBH)

Shame he's doing his stuff for that pikey shower though, to their fans I wish nothing more than the 3rd relegation spot, although it's a tough one, Dingles in disguise or The Pikeys...

(Okay both of them!)

:lol:

Archived