• Created
  • Last Reply

Rovers 4 - 1 Sheff Utd

Gamst 18 --- Stead 63

Benni 34

Nonda 42

Dunn 85 (pen)

Att: 18,646

Think Hughes might play Nonda or Jeffers up front with Benni since Derbyshire have started the last two games and got U-21 on tuesday. Looks like Emerton is doubtful because of a foot injury, so Zurab might play right back again which he did superbly against Luton.

Team:

-----------Friedel

Zurab - Nelsen - Henchoz - Warnock

Bentley - Tugay - Gally - Gamst

------Benni - Nonda/Jeffers

Subs: Brown, Nonda/Jeffers, Dunn, Derbyshire, Samba/Mokoena

If Emerton is fit I hope Hughes play Emerton - Nelsen - Zurab - Warnock at the back.

I think this could all depend on how Sheff U adopt themselves and will be more difficult than what people are expecting.

Will they come and give it a go or adopt what I think will be the case of men behind the ball with a possible 5 man midfield?

We haven't exactly been firing on all cylinders at home this season, yet should have enough to beat them.

I don't expect there to be many goals but do expect a victory but this could well end up a low scoring draw

Players to watch

ROVERS - DUNN??

SHEFF UTD - JAGIELKA (if they go down think we should go in for him)

Rovers 1 v 0 :brfc:

We have to be looking to get three points from this one, especially because Neill Warnock is their manager. It was no surprise that we lost to Chelsea during the week, but it was awful losing to Watford, so we have to get back on track with a win in this one. I hope to see us line up:

Friedal

Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock

Bentley, Dunn, Tugay, Gamst

McCarthy, Derbyshire

3-0 to Rovers, McCarthy, Derbyshire and Dunn with the goals.

I'd imagine the whole lower tier of the Darwen End? Cant see them selling out the lower & upper. Although you never know i guess...

1-1 this, McCarthy for us & Stead for them.

Att - 22000

I think you maybe right.

I have a mate who is going and he is seat 86 which is pretty central so either he has a decent ticket of they have the whole lower tier. Seat 91 is the central seat so I would imagine that 86 would be part of the segregation.

I have the idea we're underrating Sheffield and slightly overrating ourselves. It's going to be a very, very hard match and I think it'll be a draw, to be perfectly honest. We'll see though, let's keep the faith, as always :D

Archived