BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 2 - 1 Sheffield United

Hasta

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please don't boo Steady. He did a great job for us- scored goals to avoid relegation scares and made us a tidy profit when he moved on.

Won't be surprised if 'drog's bambi on ice jibe doesn't come back to haunt us.

He'll get a great reception. He really was a crowd favourite - always gave his all. Added to that, he left on good terms with the club.

I think you maybe right.

I have a mate who is going and he is seat 86 which is pretty central so either he has a decent ticket of they have the whole lower tier. Seat 91 is the central seat so I would imagine that 86 would be part of the segregation.

Segregation?

In the Darren End?

Guest fernhurstblue

according to the sheffield united website they got 3,000, although not sure if rovers have since allocated them more.

could be a tight game, but if rovers get a couple of early goals, who knows .....

att: 21500

:rover:

Won't be surprised if 'drog's bambi on ice jibe doesn't come back to haunt us.

Thought that was Martin Taylor?

I'm expecting a very very difficult game. They're doing a lot better than most people expected and always battle as if their lives depended on it.

Stead is nailed onto score but hopefully the return of the other prodigal son will give us the buzz and the impetus to just about nick it.

2-1.

Derbyshire could do with his first goal at Ewood just to lift the pressure on him at home.

We have to be looking to get three points from this one, especially because Neill Warnock is their manager. It was no surprise that we lost to Chelsea during the week, but it was awful losing to Watford, so we have to get back on track with a win in this one. I hope to see us line up:

Friedel

Emerton, Samba, Nelsen, Warnock

Bentley, Dunn, Tugay, Gamst

McCarthy, Derbyshire

3-0 to Rovers, McCarthy, Derbyshire and Dunn with the goals.

i likes the look of that team :brfc:

it will be difficult and once again the first goal will be all important.

i think samba and dunn will both start tomorrow and will have a positive impact to the team.

3-0 rovers :brfc:

Samba worries me a bit, he does not look to sure on his feet yet, needs sometime to adjust. I think he will take quite a bit more time than Ooyah who has oodles more experience. What'ss with Zura is he hurt?? I thought he had been putting in some really decent performances.

score draw , sheffield happy with point. would'nt mind seeing a change of tactics while sav & reid are out, 3-5-2 maybe warnock & emerton definitely got wing back qualities. Could have the trickiest trio of midfielders accomodated in the center then!

2-1. McCarthy, Bentley and Stead.

Hopefully we start with a positive (=attacking) lineup, which leaves The Axe on the bench. Wether it's Bentley, Dunn or even Gally along with Tugay it's all good. We need to be the team in control of the ball and Mokoena isn't really useful with that.

score draw , sheffield happy with point. would'nt mind seeing a change of tactics while sav & reid are out, 3-5-2 maybe warnock & emerton definitely got wing back qualities. Could have the trickiest trio of midfielders accomodated in the center then!

Wing backs would work with emo and warnock but we would need ooijer along side zurab and nelsen to achieve that :(

2-1 rovers

I am quite surprised at the starting 11 for the game today. samba replaces stephane, and aaron replaces gally in midfield. so with these selections in mind, tuges is gonna have to be at his creative and brilliant best, because offensively, mokoena will give us (Please don't use that word again) all in that department. in saying that, sheff utd are gonna be physical, and i guess that may have played on the mind of sparky when selecting aaron and samba.

Archived