BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ps3 Preorders Open

Guest Kamy100

Reports are that they are not going to lower the price until the end of 2009.

They are also loosing out on about £100 on each one sold at the moment - you are actully getting good value for money - honest

Yes, the games wont look much different from the 360 at the moment however, both the 360 and PS3 are really different. It wont be until about 2 years down the line that you really start to notice the difference - the game designers dont actually know how to use the consoles full potential yet - by the time they do, I honstly think that the PS3 will be the big winner and not just by a nose either.

Thats just my opinion though :)

It doesn't look like a guaranteed winner for them now, given the way the PS3 has underwhelmed in Japan and the US. They'd be crazy not to drop the price before Christmas if it's still selling slowly by then, especially as Microsoft has a much greater capacity to absorb losses and could cut the price of the 360 without damaging their core business. At Sony, for almost the past decade, the playstation division practically is the core business.

I definitely wouldn't buy one at launch now. Apart from there being no current games worth that kind of outlay, history suggests the price is going to come down sooner rather than later.

It doesn't look like a guaranteed winner for them now, given the way the PS3 has underwhelmed in Japan and the US. They'd be crazy not to drop the price before Christmas if it's still selling slowly by then, especially as Microsoft has a much greater capacity to absorb losses and could cut the price of the 360 without damaging their core business. At Sony, for almost the past decade, the playstation division practically is the core business.

I definitely wouldn't buy one at launch now. Apart from there being no current games worth that kind of outlay, history suggests the price is going to come down sooner rather than later.

Not any more. Sony has announced q3 results with the games division being carried by the rest of the organisation. Which suggest to me they are willing to fund losses on the ps3 because in the long run they'll know they'll make it all back in spades!

I cant see any proce drop until way into 2008 at least as the rumour is that its currently costing double the current retail price to manufacture!

There will be no winner. MS will continue to make money and so will Sony (eventually). Think it will be honours even myself.

Reports are that they are not going to lower the price until the end of 2009.

They are also loosing out on about £100 on each one sold at the moment - you are actully getting good value for money - honest

Yes, the games wont look much different from the 360 at the moment however, both the 360 and PS3 are really different. It wont be until about 2 years down the line that you really start to notice the difference - the game designers dont actually know how to use the consoles full potential yet - by the time they do, I honstly think that the PS3 will be the big winner and not just by a nose either.

Thats just my opinion though :)

As a 360 owner I fear you might be right, but then I realise that it doesn't matter anyway. If the PS3 can blow the 360 out of the water in 3 years time I probably won't regret my purchase as I will probably be anticipating the release of the xbox 720 and the ps4.

Guest Kamy100

Being a 360 owner I have to say that the potential of the PS3 is better than the 360, I think that 12 months down the line you will really start to see the difference between the two machines, even if you compare the 360 launch games with the PS3 launch games the difference is huge.

Having said all of that I firmly believe that in 2008 Microsoft will announce a new console.

Not any more. Sony has announced q3 results with the games division being carried by the rest of the organisation. Which suggest to me they are willing to fund losses on the ps3 because in the long run they'll know they'll make it all back in spades!

I cant see any proce drop until way into 2008 at least as the rumour is that its currently costing double the current retail price to manufacture!

There will be no winner. MS will continue to make money and so will Sony (eventually). Think it will be honours even myself.

Both MS and Sony are taking huge losses on their console businesses. I'd reason that MS is better able to afford it, being such a profitable company in other areas, and has the most to gain from competitive pricing of the 360.

The GPU and CPU in each console was designed at around the same time (the PS3 took so long to come out because of Blu-Ray) so they'll both be at a similar stage with regards to shifting to smaller process manufacturing and saving on silicon costs. Essentially, as soon as one company drops the retail price, the other is going to have to follow suit. And MS, being wealthy and aggressive, is likely to draw first.

Archived