BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

benhben

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't understand the interest for Roberts really. The guy started only nine Premier League games last season. Having said that he did put in some very good performances near end of the season. Still would perfer us to keep hold of him though, he can be very effective on his day..

Given that a number of clubs appear to be interested in him it may well be worth our while encouraging a bidding war and seeing if we can get a very good price for him. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him stay, but he could be pretty easily replaced in my opinion.

Given that a number of clubs appear to be interested in him it may well be worth our while encouraging a bidding war and seeing if we can get a very good price for him. I wouldn't be unhappy to see him stay, but he could be pretty easily replaced in my opinion.

What number? Isn't it just Everton? (I'm dismissing the Sevilla and Valencia thing as probably nonsense)

Well I would certainly not want to swap Roberts for Beattie. Roberts was just beginning to get into his form again by the end of the season. He must be given a proper chance to show what he can do, and I am sure MH will do that, so Roberts won't be going anywhere just yet.

Same for me, I dont see Beattie giving Rovers any added impetus than Roberts has already given us. In the scoring/form stakes Roberts wins hands down.

Unless its big money keep him and one things for sure, I hope Rovers dont consider a swap deal with JB !

Same for me, I dont see Beattie giving Rovers any added impetus than Roberts has already given us. In the scoring/form stakes Roberts wins hands down.

Unless its big money keep him and one things for sure, I hope Rovers dont consider a swap deal with JB !

Thirded

3.5m for our roberts seems far-fetched... not. If spurs, celtic, wigan etc are even considering paying upwards of 4m for one Marlon Harewood, surely roberts must be worth 5.5m at the very least..

Although I wouldn't mind Beattie back at the Rovers, it would only be at a cut price deal of say £2m. And that ain't gonna happen.

I wouldn't swap Jason for James as I think the former has more to offer us. That said, if Everton were going to offer say, £3m plus Beattie, I'd probably start to consider it. Putting that £3m towards Bellers coming back could come in handy!

4 guys from Blackburn whoopee-do. Sorry but why should we get Beattie, because he's a local player,and would be playing for a local team? He's done eff all for years now, and if a swap deal is on the cards, then James would need a really strong trial to see if he makes the grade. And I'm surprised you can remember that Beattie is a better penalty taker as I can't remember him playing for Everton at all last season.

Guest shoppybrfc

Toffee fans arent keen on Roberts at all:

http://bluekipper.net/viewtopic.php?t=2621...sc&start=15

If Hughes can work his magic on Beattie, we'd up with a better player then Roberts will ever be... thats a big IF though, Beattie at Southampton seemed to have a run of 15 or so games on fire ( earn him a England call up ) and then slack off the rest of the season, but recently for Everton he's just been on slacker mode for the entire season.

Beattie is a has-been. No way i will want him back at Ewood. What has he done in the last 2 seasons compared to Roberts? Roberts may have had his injuries earlier this season, but he came back well towards the end and started scoring.

I cant wait to see more of Roberts next season. Not Beattie.

If we were to get Beattie, then I'd hope he'd be replacing Jeffers role not Roberts. On a similar deal would be good too. But not really holding out much in this case, local lad or not.

Don't know whether Beattie would do the business for us, but I can see why Hughes would possibly want him at Ewood. If Bentley and Ped are going to continue with the early crosses, then Beattie would be a real threat around the penalty area.

I used to like Beattie but watching him last season he just didnt look bothered sometimes. Watching players like Vaughen and Adichabie (spelling I know) outshine him is very sad indeed.

Stay away I say and keep hold of Jason Roberts.

Don't know whether Beattie would do the business for us, but I can see why Hughes would possibly want him at Ewood. If Bentley and Ped are going to continue with the early crosses, then Beattie would be a real threat around the penalty area.

You make a good point here, Den. Everton normally play with Osman and Arteta out wide and both prefer to cut inside. We certainly create more chances from out side.

However, Beattie will be on a huge contract and so would still represent a big risk. I also wouldn't like to see Jason Roberts leave, he showed towards the end of the season what a good player he can be.

• 2 weeks later...

He has just been on sky sports and from the sounds of him he will be with us next year - good I say

They were trying to get more out of him about Benni but it was clear that he didnt know what was going on - given the fact that he hasnt spoken to him since they went on hols

just seen Sky Sports news and Jason Roberts was on there talking about how he had a difficult first season due to injury and looking forward to next season with Benni. In fact he seemed more worried about losing Benni than leaving Ewood.

i say give the lad a chance as he bagged 5 goals in 5 games and will improve under Hughes.

The way it is going there is more chance of Benni leaving than Roberts.

Archived