BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Jason Roberts

benhben

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would you want Roberts to leave after his superb end of season form, where he showed exactly how good a player he is?

I think Beattie would be a far better option up front than Nonda and would probably cost a similar amount. I agree that with our wide men, he is likely to score a fair few goals. However, to progress, we really need to be looking at a top quality striker, such as Bellamy, and I'd only want to see beattie come in if Roberts or McCarthy were to leave.

Apparently Roberts has personal probelsm to do with his family and wants a move back down south. If he goes then we would want at least £5 million i would of thought!

Amazing story, seeing that Sky are reporting that Roberts is hoping that Benni will still be his strike partner next season.link

Very cheered by reading the Sky Sports article on two fronts, Jason seems to be saying he will be with us next year and he expects his pal Benni to be ther with him.

First bit of positive comment I've read for a while. :-)

Why would you want Roberts to leave after his superb end of season form, where he showed exactly how good a player he is?

I think Beattie would be a far better option up front than Nonda and would probably cost a similar amount. I agree that with our wide men, he is likely to score a fair few goals. However, to progress, we really need to be looking at a top quality striker, such as Bellamy, and I'd only want to see beattie come in if Roberts or McCarthy were to leave.

I dont want to see Beattie anywhere near Ewood, he would just be a replacement for Nonda and would score the same amount of goals if we were lucky, he had one good season and now he can't even get on the Everton bench, we need to be looking at players who were playing first team football last season not players who were playing in the Pontins league or whatever the reserve league is called now.

"Homesick"... What is he, twelve?? Argh!

Anyway, we'll need good money to sell him, and for good money I'm sure Hughes will find an even better player to replace him. Simple as that - the only man we're totally depending on staying is Mark Hughes. Relaxing thought, especially now with those big City boys signing Sven and therefore didn't have to look further down the list to easily pinch our manager from us.

Evertons in the same one as us.

It's a strange story this one. He's here for an injury ravaged 12 months comes back and looks impressive yet is being linked with wanting away. Under Hughes and staying fit he should have a good season next year which should increase the demand for him. At the moment unless it's us who want to sell him to fund the return of Bellamy and a very cheap Beattie (for the times that we need a back to goal, physical centre forward) I just don't understand it.

Archived