BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Do We Really Need A Riot?

ABBEY

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Mrs took her camera out (just video not camera flash) and he was straight over with hand accross it saying to put it away. I was on the Front row of the Jack Walker and when Gamst scored the second and came over I jumped up and ran over - again steward with hand in my face tells me to be quiet and go and sit down - what a plank :angry:

Yet, the corporate away fans in Box 1 were there with full telephoto lens set up's. Seriously.

Putting away fans in the most partisan home section is asking for trouble.Even worse when the idiots try to provoke the home fans.

only if you let it wind you up, after all UNLESS they actually casue trouble then why should there be any similar reaction ?

They are there to support and watch football, and as has been stated, wasnt it nice to rub their yorkshire chip butty eating faces into it with MGP firing a 92nd minute winner ?

I have lost count of the away games I have attended and sat in the home areas.

As a seasoned Riversider I was obviously in the process of leaving when MGP notched in minute 92.

Managed to get some polite taunting in.....something you can't do in the Bburn End !

Walked away from the game with the S Utd fans - no bother at all.

Yet, the corporate away fans in Box 1 were there with full telephoto lens set up's. Seriously.

i was under the impression it was illegal to take camera equipment into aground as its against copyright laws to take pictures of match action

but wazzz do you call the fans in front of of ######@@@@ and hurl abuse at them when we score??

you cant help but be wound up

Abbey, find it strange you of all people really bothers about those in the boxes :lol:

Majority of them are more than likely on a freebie or have never been on a terrace in their life - in other words without the glass you probably wouldn't here a whimper from them.

Much could be said of the lads who are actually sitting in front of the boxes over that side - yes probably the more passionate of the Blackburn support but is it not banter and a bit of give and take at the end of the day.

I do agree with the aspect of the attendees in the boxes are supposed to be a bit more restrained in there actions but lets take things into perspective.

As for the one way glass, if people are so abject having away fans there than this is probably the best way.- from memory this is what MU have (the company I work for has a box there) however they do now have seats outside of the boxes as well.

Why for the corporate boxes don't they just change the glass so you can look out but the fans can't see in? Would stop them trying to wind up fans with hand gestures etc

Well as far as the average prawn sarny brigade are concerned the best solution would be to turn that glass you suggest around! :tu:

"QUOTE

anybody see the trouble after the final whistle? blades charged into the blackburn gate and the police slowly walked up and shut the steal gates, trapping blades in the blackburn stand? p.s what fantstic support!"

Should have shut the gates to everyone leaving the riverside before the end of the game.

P.S. Anyone spot the irony in the quote ?

Yes I get it AS.................. blades? steal gates? iron y!

I have expressed my concerns to John Newsham this morning, who seemed to share my issues about it being problematic.

I was actually pleased with the response I got from him, as to whether this will finally be the end of 'obvious' away supporters in home corporate areas only time will tell, but I am certain that it will be raised with the appropriate people.

I was in the Jack Walker and at the end of the game there was a massive rush of stewards and some police heading towards the Darwen end - they wernt walking either.

:o must`ve been serious! lol! :lol:

Why don`t the club open an away fans box in the Darwen end? Afterall, they are mostly empty anyway. Asking for trouble putting them in the BBE.

I emailed that John Newsham guy yesterday and he replied saying that they were taking it up with the marketing department to try and stop it happening again, he also invited me over for a brew and a chat....what a nice man!!

You sure thats all he invited you for?? :P

I can report back from the new BRISA/Fans Forum meeting that several people have contacted John Newsome and both John Williams and Tom Finn where aware of the goings on in Box 1.

They echoed what John Newsome had said to Stu, that whilst they have little control who their box holders invite into them, they acknowledge the boxes in question are in a particularly sensitive area of the ground and they are considering potential ways to address this in the future.

Hopefully they can come up with a solution that will please the terraced fans without jedpodising the potential income from corporate customers.

• Backroom

Hopefully they can come up with a solution that will please the terraced fans without jedpodising the potential income from corporate customers.

That's easily done.... stick away fans in the away end of the ground :P:tu:

I emailed that John Newsham guy yesterday and he replied saying that they were taking it up with the marketing department to try and stop it happening again, he also invited me over for a brew and a chat....what a nice man!!

You sure thats all he invited you for?? :P

You're a bad man Jordan <_<

I can report back from the new BRISA/Fans Forum meeting that several people have contacted John Newsome and both John Williams and Tom Finn where aware of the goings on in Box 1.

They echoed what John Newsome had said to Stu, that whilst they have little control who their box holders invite into them, they acknowledge the boxes in question are in a particularly sensitive area of the ground and they are considering potential ways to address this in the future.

if i brought an away fan to sit next to me, and this away fan did exactly the same as box 1 people, goading others around me and abusing them

surely id have my ticket purchasing powers taken away..

its uncanny that we didnt have any negative feedback upstairs in exec area, neither from staff or other boxholders, we were in main bar area before and after match

Yet the club felt the need to place stewards in the box for the duration of the match to ensure that your offensive gestures were not continued.

so the signs and gestures were "bless you my son"...applauded thats what the ###### sign means in yorkshire.

i was in the exec box you refer to as a guest of an american lady who came to see one of her heoes brad friedel, the other guests were a father and son with their female partners, a church minister, a former player, myself and my son and some 3 or 4 other blokes.

and baldrick

Archived