BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] List For Last 12 Games

• 3 weeks later...

As always after a good win, the discussion regarding who far up the table can we climb begins :rover:

Hughes reckon we'll need to win 7 more games if we are going to finish top 6 again. Looking at our remaining games its not that unlikely:

A Bolton
A Man Utd
A Tottenham
A Fulham    
A Newcastle

H West Ham                             
H Aston Villa                  
H Watford
H Charlton                         
H Reading

As you can see we have 5 home and 5 away games left. We need 21p from a maximum of 30p. All the home games are winnable, so we will need to win them all. I think we can win two of those away games. Tottenham and ManU away I do not think we have a good chance of winning, but I can't see why we can't win two of the others.

As always after a good win, the discussion regarding who far up the table can we climb begins :rover:

Hughes reckon we'll need to win 7 more games if we are going to finish top 6 again. Looking at our remaining games its not that unlikely:

A Bolton
A Man Utd
A Tottenham
A Fulham    
A Newcastle

H West Ham                             
H Aston Villa                  
H Watford
H Charlton                         
H Reading

As you can see we have 5 home and 5 away games left. We need 21p from a maximum of 30p. All the home games are winnable, so we will need to win them all. I think we can win two of those away games. Tottenham and ManU away I do not think we have a good chance of winning, but I can't see why we can't win two of the others.

In the rosy afterglow of tonking Pompey yesterday, I'd say that looks like 6 wins (every home game plus Fulham), good enough for a respectable 8th place. Another win (Newcastle, please!) and we'd have a shot of more Eurpoean knees-ups a UEFA Cup place.

Simon :brfc:

id say the odds are against us gettin top 6 (i wouldnt stick a tenner on it)......but you never know with us lot!!!!!!......however, if we are to do it, were gonna need (like last season) one of our stikers to take care of puttin the ball in the net when it really matters......stand up please one from nonda, mccarthy or matty.

I can't see us getting seven games to be honest. Not everyone is going to be as poor as Prtsmouth were, even hough we played well.

THe only way we could do it in my mind is if Mokoena keeps up his fom from Sunday and the Arsenal game. He is absolutely crucial as he provides the stability. And while I am delighted that he has been improving I just suspect he lacs the quality to do it week in week out. Benni needs to find his feet again too.

5 wins and somewhere around 8th would be outstanding for me in light of the injuries. WOn't give up hope of sixth though.

i think we might be able to sneak into that intertoto place with 7 wins...

I can see reading and Pompey fading a bit as the season comes to a close...which would leave us, spuds and everton going for the 2 remaining european places (6-7). Hopefully we can get something off the spuds to make up for last season and sneak into that 7th spot!!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived