BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton Preview

Can I also say a big thank you to the set of total jerks sat behind me at Goodison yesterday, who whilst I commend their (alcholol fuelled) enthusiasm at singing thoughout the match, made me cringe with embarrasement to be associated with as a Rovers fan. And I mean singing "sh** fans no beer", " shall we sing a song for you" and so on. Whilst they were quiet for most of the game, when the mood takes them they can be as loud as any ground I have been to and create an intimidating atmosphere(witness the same game last season when Moyes credited them with winning the match for them).

Don't really see anything wrong with this to be fair. It's called banter.

Seriously though, the atmosphere at Goodison yesterday was absolutely awful. After attending a few away games this season, I have renewed optimism in the atmosphere at Ewood. You can be sure that if we got thirty-odd thousand on every week, we would make more noise than that lot. Their only song was "Everton, Everton, Everton, Everton, Everton, Evertoooooon". Seriously.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Aye, not too many positives, but overall not too bad from a really patched up side. And Everton were unrecognisable from the team that were soundly beaten 4-1 in the cup. They actually played some decent stuff unlike the hoof, knock down, and fall over stuff last month. Last thing before I retire - sat right in line for their goal and thought it was tight but offside. Saw MOTD, and it was indeed tight. OK though. Maybe Samba (think he should have been picking him up?) could have done better?

I know what you mean NW, but the TV replay shows Johnson has beaten the offside trap fair and square. I really don't think Samba can be blamed in this instance, as Johnson is very good at this sort of tactic and is so quick to turn, giving the defender very little chance.

Don't really see anything wrong with this to be fair. It's called banter.

Seriously though, the atmosphere at Goodison yesterday was absolutely awful. After attending a few away games this season, I have renewed optimism in the atmosphere at Ewood. You can be sure that if we got thirty-odd thousand on every week, we would make more noise than that lot. Their only song was "Everton, Everton, Everton, Everton, Everton, Evertoooooon". Seriously.

Spot on imo. Last season at Goodison we had to endure those moronic 'rather be paki then a scouse' chants, but this year didnt hear a word of racism. Instead we sung all game, most of the times Rovers songs which i prefer, but also some banter chants about the lack of their singing and both liverpool teams being out the cup. It was strange, cos last year everton home fans were the most noisy of the whole season!

I know what you mean NW, but the TV replay shows Johnson has beaten the offside trap fair and square. I really don't think Samba can be blamed in this instance, as Johnson is very good at this sort of tactic and is so quick to turn, giving the defender very little chance.

Disagree here FR, this was very similar to last week - AJ maybe good at this but he also wanted it more - we where slow to react and looking for offside.

Can't believe we didn't address the midfield situation in the transfer window. We short at the end of August, even shorter the end of January yet Hughes did did nothing. Bearing in mind the midfield we had out Saturday compared to Everton's then 1-0 is good. Samba might turn out good but Toddy should be playing with Nelsen at the moment...

Just remembered an interesting yet worrying comment from Hughes after the match.

He mentioned about us not turning up in the first half yet being the better side in the second and would be interested to see the stats for the corner count as he was disappointed we didn't get anything of them as that is what we had been practising at!! .... :huh:

This is where the worry comes in ... now I'm not into Stats but reflecting on his comment these where the stats according to Sky

CORNERS WON - EVE 3 ROVERS 10

SHOTS ON TARGET - EVE 6 ROVERS 4

SHOTS OFF TARGET - EVE 7 ROVERS 4

BLOCKED SHOTS - EVE 2 ROVERS 0

So we did absolute bugger all really in terms of making advantage of a goalscoring opportunity ... need to look at training methods again Sparky :(:o

Adds substance to the argument on the other thread re deliveries and movement at corners (and freekicks for that matter) - is MGP the difference?

Archived