BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The Ladies

dj54nna

If you go to the Ladies thread on the official MB, Kipax has posted a great set of pics of the Rovers winning the QF against Leeds.

A very amusing sequence of the scorer after potting the winning goal:

1) Scorer licks the badge on her very muddy Rovers' shirt

2) Scorer looking non-plussed sticking out a very brown tongue

3) Scorer exposes very muscular midrif as she wipes aforesaid tongue with the inside of her shirt

Anyway well done the ladies. Now for Charlton in the SF for the right to get slaughtered by the Arse in the Final.

You guys need to grow up. So you don't like ladies' football? No-one is asking you to; but they do wear blue and white shirts and bear the name of Blackburn Rovers so I would have thought it would have occurred to your seemingly somewhat small minds to support them.

Yeah I'm thinking of going and watching the Under 8s and I'm already a season-ticket holder for the Under 12s. :rolleyes:

Just because they wear the same shirts doesn't mean they warrant any kind of support at all. To me one team counts and that is the first team of BRFC. The reserves matter but their results don't.

Plus, women can't run very well, the keepers are shyte and nobody ever tackles convincingly.

Apart from that, I'm a big fan. :tu:

I'm not suggesting you turn out to support the Ladies matches - in fact I'm glad you don't given your reluctance to admit that even though they are representatives of the club they have anything to do with Rovers.

Plus, women can't run very well, the keepers are shyte and nobody ever tackles convincingly.

How do you know all this since you don't follow women's football? You probably haven't noticed but women are different to men so therefore obviously their game is going to be different.

I would just like a modicom* of common sense to apply when Ladies' football is mentioned. If you don't rate it then why bother to look at the thread - I don't recall anyone forcing you to let alone post on it.

*translation: small amount; little; bit; degree; scrap or ounce

I'm not suggesting you turn out to support the Ladies matches - in fact I'm glad you don't given your reluctance to admit that even though they are representatives of the club they have anything to do with Rovers.

How do you know all this since you don't follow women's football? You probably haven't noticed but women are different to men so therefore obviously their game is going to be different.

I would just like a modicom* of common sense to apply when Ladies' football is mentioned. If you don't rate it then why bother to look at the thread - I don't recall anyone forcing you to let alone post on it.

*translation: small amount; little; bit; degree; scrap or ounce

Good point Roversmum, but then maybe we shouldn't have a Ladies Team thread on this messageboard.

I don't watch ladies football regularly I will admit, but I have watched certain games over the past few years including Internationals. Now I am of course assuming that the International matches include the best players of those given countries, and I must say the standard is terrible. It would be very ignorant of me to state an opinion on the standard of a game I have never watched now wouldn't it?

Oh and by the way. It's modicum darlin'. :rolleyes:

• 2 years later...

I put Women into the search engine and the first result was the Keith Andrews thread!

Anyway, England Women got rogered by Germany Women 6-2 in the European Final tonight.

Rovers Ladies have made a very worrying start to the new season. I think they will be very fortunate not to get relegated from the Premier League this time.

It really is sad to see the womens team, being treated as if they dont belong on a football field. Ive had 4 girls play in my under 15 team, which is a boys team. 2 of those girls ended up as joint top goalscorers in the league. Ive also had a little disabled girl in my under 8 team, who we allowed to play as a 12th player. The point im trying to make, is that just because they run in a different manner to men, doesnt mean the cant play the game.

It really is sad to see the womens team, being treated as if they dont belong on a football field. Ive had 4 girls play in my under 15 team, which is a boys team. 2 of those girls ended up as joint top goalscorers in the league. Ive also had a little disabled girl in my under 8 team, who we allowed to play as a 12th player. The point im trying to make, is that just because they run in a different manner to men, doesnt mean the cant play the game.

It won't change, Isgak. You'll get the same stupid jokes every time (though I admit a good few of them are purposely to annoy me!!!). Rovers obviously think women's football is worthwhile so if women want to play why shouldn't they?

Anyone actually watched em? Saw them against Fulham on way home from Clitheroe Car boot..A couple of pound to watch and just 100 or so fans mainly families of players....Now gone from Clitheroes and its sloping pitch,they willl now play at Ratcliffe which is a shame. Told by a Fulham players mum that womans Football is taking off in America big time and the best British players from Arsenal etc will soon all leave by being offered megabucks ...

. The point im trying to make, is that just because they run in a different manner to men, doesnt mean the cant play the game.

I really should make a joke here about South African runners, but that would be cruel.

Instead, I'll just make the old Monkey Tennis comment.

Anyone actually watched em? Saw them against Fulham on way home from Clitheroe Car boot..A couple of pound to watch and just 100 or so fans mainly families of players....Now gone from Clitheroes and its sloping pitch,they willl now play at Ratcliffe which is a shame. Told by a Fulham players mum that womans Football is taking off in America big time and the best British players from Arsenal etc will soon all leave by being offered megabucks ...

Quite a few of them have already gone, I think 6 or 7 of the England team yesterday are playing in the new league over in America

Until the new Women's league over here folds like the old one did.

The major City near me is getting a top flight men's and women's team starting next season, but I'm only buying season tickets tot he men's team. I'll probably go to a few of the ladies games, we shall see.

But the be hearing that the USA legue is offering "mega-bucks" makes me worry, so from waht I've seen of attendances and the like for the WPS this season, not sure they've got the means to offer huge contracts if they don't want to go broke again. However, I have no concept of what "mega-bucks" means for professional women players. I do know that Marta and a few of the brazilian women's team stars do play in the states, but isn't that typical of brazilain football in general?

It won't change, Isgak. You'll get the same stupid jokes every time (though I admit a good few of them are purposely to annoy me!!!). Rovers obviously think women's football is worthwhile so if women want to play why shouldn't they?

Why would we do that, mum?!?

Have actually been to 2 Women's World Cups, including the infamous Brandi Chastain match.

QUOTE (Ste B @ Sep 11 2009, 13:02 ) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really should make a joke here about South African runners, but that would be cruel.

Instead, I'll just make the old Monkey Tennis comment.

Same here, wanted to make a joke about the English cricket team, but that would have been cruel as well. ;)

Archived