BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Norton Go Back

Just a message to anyone using or thinking of using Norton Go Back which comes with Norton Internet Security. Recently Go Back went drastically wrong, saying Norton Go Back has shut down the system as it was unstable resulting in a loop of restarting and shutting down. Unable to even get to my desktop took it to a computer repair shop and apparently windows needs to be reinstalled, meaning everything is wiped. So be Warned. If you encounter problems the error messages are (121) and (141).

Just a message to anyone using or thinking of using Norton Go Back which comes with Norton Internet Security. Recently Go Back went drastically wrong, saying Norton Go Back has shut down the system as it was unstable resulting in a loop of restarting and shutting down. Unable to even get to my desktop took it to a computer repair shop and apparently windows needs to be reinstalled, meaning everything is wiped. So be Warned. If you encounter problems the error messages are (121) and (141).

My Aunt had the same issue, but was given the option to uninstall Go Back. When it was uninstalled, the computer now works fine.

Yeah, there is that option, when you press space bar there is a menu that appears with the option of disabling Norton Go Back, but when i tried that (Numerous Times) more error messages came up. Ive had windows reinstalled now so all that I hadnt backed up has been lost, but on the plus side my computer "Should" be like new and full of errors. I say SHOULD but with my record with electronics im always dubious!

Archived