BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Bayer 3 Rovers 2

elwaxo

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Had a great trip to Germany…fantastic trip. Not heard from anyone who stayed in Dusseldorf yet (reckon it might even be slightly more manic there, tbh); Karneval is more concentrated in their Altstadt (it seems more sprawling in Cologne) and perhaps the Altbier is stronger!? The number of empty schnapps miniatures on the ground in some places made it like walking on marbles! Heard about the trouble in some Cologne bars on Tuesday night and the in-stadium fight has already been covered but generally the Rovers fans were sound ambassadors who more than adopted the ‘When in Rome…’ approach.

Maybe it could be expanded upon in the ICBINF forum but the Rhinelanders certainly seem to have their priorities right! The town of Blackburn certainly missed a trick in failing to market itself as Beer Town. Cheers to Theno for the ‘Viva Colonia’ You Tube link….(another great Euro tune for the Blackburn End to adopt possibly?).

One weird thing, the absence of German children (probably sensibly all at school though) and how everyone there, I mean everyone, gets so involved in Karneval itself (no mere spectators like we’d have if our country tried to emulate it).

Poll of the best Kolsch:

Fruh

Sion

Gilden

Gaffel

Dom

Peters

Did any homesick Rovers fan ask for Becks or a Warsteiner anywhere?! :lol:

"But you do represent Blackburn and England whilst you're there - like it or not"

I have just copied and pasted this rubbish from an earlier post, not sure who even wrote it, but its laughable.

If thats how you feel, then why not ask to wear a uniform to prove it.

I went to that game representing myself - nobody else.

I saw the fighting - between people who did not represent me.

Proud to follow Blackburn in Europe - no matter who else is doing the same :huh:

"But you do represent Blackburn and England whilst you're there - like it or not"

I have just copied and pasted this rubbish from an earlier post, not sure who even wrote it, but its laughable.

If thats how you feel, then why not ask to wear a uniform to prove it.

I went to that game representing myself - nobody else.

I saw the fighting - between people who did not represent me.

Proud to follow Blackburn in Europe - no matter who else is doing the same :huh:

I wrote that line, and I did so not only because of the fighting, but more because a certain bunch of Rovers "fans" - some wearing a blue and white uniform - turned up in Peters on Tuesday night and disgraced all of us.

They were refused service (no surprise there) but made use of the gents - like every bar in Koln it's expected that you drop a coin in a bowl on the way out of the bogs.

Of course these idiots didn't pay a cent between them, but to abuse the attendant within earshot of maybe 20 locals who were using the facilities at the time was a very poor show.

"Pay for a p!ss - f*** off you kr@ut whore you can suck my d!ck" was the line anyone in earshot was treated to.

So - like you I go to games representing myself and nobody else. But for people on the end of abuse like that, or those watching our own fans beat each other up, we're all one and the same. And there are people going along to these games who make me the opposite of proud.

You can represent who you like, but if you have a blue and white halved shirt on and misbehave, then you are clearly identified as a Blackburn Rovers fan who can't behave sensibly.

Enough people do it and Blackburn Rovers will get a bad name abroad.

I don't think it's rocket science or anything.

If I was against standing before, I think now that they should just arrest anyone who does it and ban them. NO exceptions, no matter where they stand. What they don't realise/care is that when we score and they celebrate, their balance is off and they can land on the people in front, injuring them.

:wstu: :wstu:

what a stupid thing to say [Removed]

I will openly admit to having cursed germans from the days of old, its a football thing. However, after this trip my views have somewhat changed. I thoroughly enjoyed the trip and their company. The beer was great and to experience the carnival was simply bloody great. Thousands of them drunk by dinner time and all wearing fancy dress. I dont think that many Rovers fans will have been ignored by our hosts as we were welcomed by one and all and even got a vip pass for one bar were we remained all day on Thursday.

no.i thought the germans were pig ignorant to be honest(bar 2 people we encouuntered),and the ten german bombers chant and dambusters were bloody brilliant. :lol:

reason being i know people like this are around and yes they were really welcoming

Possible NSFW (not safe for work) Here

:wstu: :wstu:

what a stupid thing to say [removed]

no.i thought the germans were pig ignorant to be honest (bar 2 people we encouuntered),and the ten german bombers chant and dambusters were bloody brilliant.

'Pig ignorance' being something that you are obviously well qualified to judge brfc11. :wstu:

btw is it the Moderators day off? :huh:

Archived