BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

You're with the latter , eh ?

So you must move to the BBE with about 15 minutes to go ! Against Leverkusen and the Arse that's when the first bit of noise became audible to the rest of the ground . Before that ,nowt....except the moron drummer :angry:

Let's hope against City the "vocal atmosphere" starts at kick off ........ :tu:

######. You could hear the noise reverberating around Ewood in the Bayern game-the Bayern fans all comented on the superb atmosphere. If it reached them, how could it not have reached the other parts of the ground? Typical, trying to s**t on our own fans again.

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sweet to get 1 over on those whingers. We were lucky only in that we had a ref who has such a massive ego that he isn't intimidated by the big 4. Neither of those incidents were penalties, the first was a blatant dive and the second was outside the box. The amount of diving and cheating that they get up to is a disgrace and at last they got their comupence. If someone like Mike Reilly had refereed the game he would have given both penalties and sent Tugay and Dunn off.

Fantastic performance by our defence over the 2 games and as for Benni, what a strike.

One thing this match brings back up in my mind is something that was touted early in the Hughes era, the fitness level of the team. We'd been getting away from "closing the game well", for example, the last 10 mins of the first leg v. Arsenal. Hopefully this is the start of a trend....

If only, and it's going to be hell-hard, we can beat Manchester City, we're into the last 4! And what about Europe. As Man Utd. and Chelsea are going Champions League, do we automatically qualify if we get into the final 4 or what's the rule on that? Can't wait for the match vs. City, we need a win, and only a win. Go Rovers!

My understanding of the rules is that if the FA Cup winners have already qualified for Europe then the UEFA place will go to the runners up. If the runners up have already qualified then then the UEFA place will go to the next placing in the league, in this case 7th as 6th will now qualify due to Chelsea's cup win at the weekend. Whatever happens and even if the FA get their wish and it ends up being a Chelsea / Utd final by whatever draw fixing / match fixing means they can come up with, it could be good news for us for getting a UEFA place next year.

Just listening to last night's 606 with Ray Stubbs. I take back my earlier comments about Arsenal being whingers because every Arsenal fan who has called has congratulated Rovers and most said we deserved it. They are having a right go at Senderos though. I haven't heard anyone calling us "Dirty Blackburn" even.

Samba was immense, Tugay was lucky to stay on, I think we were lucky not to give away a penalty after Bert forgot to ask Freddy if it was OK if he got a piggy back.

The axe?!?!? What is the man drinking. He did at least 3 cross field passes and managed to arse about and do a few cryuff turns in the centre circle.

Best atmosphere and singing at Ewood since we beat the Dingles 2-1

Didn't strike me till I got home in the early hours - Benni's marvellous strike last night and Henry's goal in the league game back in January, not totally different. OK, there wasn't any fancy interplay but the way both cut in from the left and thumped it into the far top corner weren't totally dissimilar

######. You could hear the noise reverberating around Ewood in the Bayern game-the Bayern fans all comented on the superb atmosphere. If it reached them, how could it not have reached the other parts of the ground? Typical, trying to s**t on our own fans again.

err I take it you mean 'Bayer' as in Leverkuesen not 'Bayern' as in Munich.

I suppose you think that makes you big. It doesn't- just like those idiots who invaded the pitch last night were neither big nor clever- and could result in trouble for us. I personally hope they do fine and ban them- and preferably report them to the police so that they get a hooligan order so that they can never disgrace the club again.

And about the Arsenal fans- I'll confirm they didn't seem to be from London. My journey back was devoid of hoards of them and there weren't many cars on the road at all.

Jan.

I was just having a laugh. I actually did not use one swear word in the whole of my message. I just copied and pasted the (please don't use that ###### word again) bit. I thought it might be funny, you know we had a great night, bit tense for the last 5-6 minutes and I felt like letting off a bit of steam. The message was meant to be a parody of what is perceived to be a typical football fan. I certainly did not intentionally set out to offend anyone.

My apologies if I did.

Hugs and Kisses to you... :brfc:

Cmon Jan... See the funny side and forgive me :)

Jan.

I was just having a laugh. I actually did not use one swear word in the whole of my message. I just copied and pasted the (please don't use that ###### word again) bit. I thought it might be funny, you know we had a great night, bit tense for the last 5-6 minutes and I felt like letting off a bit of steam. The message was meant to be a parody of what is perceived to be a typical football fan. I certainly did not intentionally set out to offend anyone.

My apologies if I did.

Hugs and Kisses to you... :brfc:

Cmon Jan... See the funny side and forgive me :)

Seeing as it's you.....................

I enjoyed reading the write up in the Daily Mirror this morning. No dirty Blackburn, thugs or bores. It was a decent write up with a glorious rendition about Benni's goal. Makes a change :lol::lol:

Read the report in the Express yesterday. Pretty much a good take on Rovers, which I didn't expect. with this result, maybe the media's perception has changed for the better . . . . ?

Save him getting the p1ss taken out of himself in the pub. Anyway whats it to do with you? I merely pointed out his mistake I didn't diss him did I?

Easy peeps, yep my bad, of course meant Bayer-hopefully most people realised what i was tryna say!

Actually that article was quite good imho. Its not stating that Rovers are dirty or "blackeye". In fact he's basically saying that anyone who DOESN'T play Arsenal the same way we did is crazy. What's the problem with that?

Make sure you all watch MOTD tonight to see Fabregas missing an open goal. Miss of the season.

Barcelona football my a**e :lol: :lol:

On that evidence Cesc wouldn't get a job mowing the lawn there. He'd miss the grass.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived