BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers 1 Arsenil

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Our extreme lack of pace will allow Arsenal to stand high up the pich and closing us down. Sooner or later the pressure will result in them scoring.

A player like Bellamy would be perfect for this kind of game.

Honestly, with t'Admiral marshalling the troops I don't have a whole lot of fear of a counter-attack-less L'arse. The problem is if we start committing men forward and allowing space in behind and midfield. That's when L'arse are really dangerous.

As for a Bellamy like player being perfect for this game; well yes but they cost £6m+.

On a related note, L'arse is a team of ###### fairies.

As for a Bellamy like player being perfect for this game; well yes but they cost £6m+.

When I said a player like Bellamy, I ment a player with pace. Not every player with pace cost £6m+

On a positive note, Arsenal haven't created much, and we look pretty solid in defence.

we're working hard in defence and so far doing the job, but it seems like just a matter of time before arsenal split us open. and the rare times we get to ball forward someone balloons a ridiculous "pass", we just look hopeless upfront today. the referee can also go ahead put on his arsenal shirt and play center forward for them, what an idiot.

Excellent job done defensively, L'Arse have created next to nothing and look almost as disinterested in winning the game as we do.

Problem with playing with such a lack of ambition though is that at some point L'Arse are bound to get one or two really good chances and if we go behind I can't see us being able to step it up a gear.

Won't be complaining if we get them back to Ewood with a few more players fit though.

Even Nonda is tracking back to defence. That is how defensive and tight-knit we are playing. Hopefully we can hold onto a draw and get them at home. It is far too unlikely that we will score, simply because we are not committing the men in attack, although we have been wasteful with possession at the same time. A free kick within 30 yards at most is our only real hope.

When I said a player like Bellamy, I ment a player with pace. Not every player with pace cost £6m+

On a positive note, Arsenal haven't created much, and we look pretty solid in defence.

Well no, because Bellamy has a combination of pace and skill. That's what's going to be needed to unlock L'Arse. Derbs, for example, doesn't have enough skill to play upfront on his own.

Along with the dodgy ref, Lee Dixon needs to be curbed by the production team. He's a little too biased for my liking.

Do you mean the one who laughed in a derisory manner when the camera's were looking at our away support?

I have been impressed by Rovers so far as I expected us to be run ragged, whereas we are quite good defensively. Well done to the lads I say.

As for Dixon, it is as much as I expected. He certainly isn't impartial is he?

I think the commentary is fine.

Dunn has plenty of good ideas but his execution is letting him down. Good to see he's lost none of his awareness and vision, hopefully his touch will come with more practise.

Archived